PDA

View Full Version : RACING FUEL

BTDTQT
05-16-2003, 05:58 PM
has anyone tried pumping a high grade, high octane fuel into the capo? such as VP RACING FUEL, SUNOCO 100, ETC.
TONY

StuO
05-16-2003, 06:18 PM
What for? Unless the engine exhibits detonation on the fuel I'm using now, use of a higher octane fuel gets me exactly zero benefit.

micah apriliaforum com
05-17-2003, 05:27 PM
Try Nutech or VP MRX01...the vp is 90 octane and 8% oxygen....it will make a lot more power if your mixture is currently slightly rich....

StuO
05-18-2003, 06:13 AM
Sorry,
Didn't realize he was using his Caponord for on-track racing, and it's unclear to me what his problem or goal is, assuming he has any. For those of us who use a Caponord for normal purposes, it may be difficult to find special fuels each time we need a fill-up. So it may make more sense to correct problems, if any exist, than attempt to mask them with special fuels. Who knows - if a more oxygenated fuel corrected a complaint, might not a fresh, clean air filter element accomplish the same thing? It's hard to recommend a solution when you don't know what the problem is.

CAPO4US
05-18-2003, 08:21 AM
my bike has no problems, but it seems that this 2500 RPM stumble has everyone looking to reinvent the wheel. with all the talk about tuning and changing setting i would start looking at basics. is it a fuel problem or a electrical problem, or vacume problem. i know that different bike like different fuels..from carbs to EFI. I've also noticed that some riders are chasing the problem with every new post....step back for a second, and try differet fuels..you may be surprised. no don't run it straight..but if you have a headache try a asprin before you have brain surgery.
just my 2 cents,
tony

StuO
05-19-2003, 02:12 PM
I couldn't agree more about keeping the diagnostics simple rather than rushing at the ECU every time the bike hiccups. Now that I understand what your original post was in reference to, it makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.