PDA

View Full Version : Got a 2011 RSV4F APRC SE today but it needs work

JC120
12-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Well after almost 2 months after I sent the money I got my bike finally. Now I gotta wait another week for the key, title, plate and registration. I would of had it sooner but the paperwork was a bit slow to process. There were times I thought I might of sent my money to some scammers but that was just my own paranoia. I definitely lost some sleep worrying about it though.

Soooo I wasn't sure this was a good idea but I've wanted an RSV4 more than any other bike for a while. Only problem is I didn't have enough money to get a new one so I got this one to fix up and restore to its former glory. Kind of a gamble buying it but so far I'm not disappointed that I took the risk.

Anyways I got the tricolor belly pan from Bulletbob on here and some of the take off parts from Bulletbob's boss, the former owner. I got the right side fairings (- the tail) and I'm going to need the left one too along with some other stuff. I'm in it $11,200. $9500 for the bike w/ registration, and shipping and another $1700 in parts. Thank God the forks look alright. I think I'll need to drop another 3 to 4 something grand to get it looking like it never crashed. I haven't started it because I don't have key yet. Hopefully the engine is alright but from what I was told, it runs just fine.

Now I got it stripped down part way so tomorrow I can take an inventory of parts and get those ordered. So far I need; front fairing, tail fairings, right intake, tach cover, right clock bracket, passenger seat cover, rear tail light, front head light is scratched up so hopefully I can just get the clear cover, right fairing bolt, fairing screws, left side fairing, decals, the carbon fiber thingy under the seat on the right side, and the bar ends. The tank is a little scratched up but not too bad. I not sure if I should get another or see if I can get it repainted.

Can't wait to ride this thing!!!

GosuPaintballer
12-07-2011, 09:47 PM
what kind of title did you get with it? I'm guessing salvaged?

The Commissar
12-07-2011, 09:55 PM
it doesnt look all that bad, actually.

JC120
12-07-2011, 10:49 PM
what kind of title did you get with it? I'm guessing salvaged?

Nope, for some reason its a clean title but it's from Kentucky. CA sucks for buying bikes. I need to put 7500 miles on the odometer before I can register it in State and right now it has just over a 1000. That or I was thinking of registering at my friends house in Las Vegas, getting a NV drivers license, then tell the DMV I just moved back here and I want to become a resident again oh and I want to resister my bike in state. Believe it or not, those are the only 2 ways to get it plated in CA:bs: There's a chance the DMV inspector won't check the odometer but if he does then it would get blacklisted and I'd never be able to register it in state.

it doesnt look all that bad, actually.

It really isn't too bad. It can be ridden. Steering is fine and so are the bakes and forks. Good thing there where frame and axil sliders on it when it crashed.

GosuPaintballer
12-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Nope, for some reason its a clean title but it's from Kentucky. CA sucks for buying bikes. I need to put 7500 miles on the odometer before I can register it in State and right now it has just over a 1000. That or I was thinking of registering at my friends house in Las Vegas, getting a NV drivers license, then tell the DMV I just moved back here and I want to become a resident again oh and I want to resister my bike in state. Believe it or not, those are the only 2 ways to get it plated in CA:bs: There's a chance the DMV inspector won't check the odometer but if he does then it would get blacklisted and I'd never be able to register it in state.

It really isn't too bad. It can be ridden. Steering is fine and so are the bakes and forks. Good thing there where frame and axil sliders on it when it crashed.

That's very good you have a clean title with it! BUT WTF kind of stupid law is that about in CA??? I've never heard of such BS. Tell the DMV inspector the guages on the bike were stolen or destroyed and you had to buy guages that had low miles on them.

Rspec99
12-07-2011, 10:59 PM
That is an amazing deal bro', provided it runs right. Not much to get her looking near mint.The previous owner did you a huge favour with the sliders alright.

JC120
12-07-2011, 11:21 PM
That's very good you have a clean title with it! BUT WTF kind of stupid law is that about in CA??? I've never heard of such BS. Tell the DMV inspector the guages on the bike were stolen or destroyed and you had to buy guages that had low miles on them.

Hmmm I wonder if that would work or maybe I can borrow someone's or buy a tach with a bunch of miles on it. It's really easy to swap out.

They do that to keep out 49 state bikes even if they are the exactly same bike. CA has its own EPA (CARB) that's even more anal with emissions. I love it here, born in Northern CA by SF, but the high taxes and stupid laws sometimes make me want to consider a new home.

http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr29.htm

GosuPaintballer
12-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Unless Aprilia gauges are marked some how with seriel numbers or another way to identify which bike they came off of, there would be no way for the DMV or anyone else to know the difference if they were the gauges that came with that bike or some you just bought off Ebay or where ever.

jpbits
12-08-2011, 03:11 AM
seems like a pretty good bike, i doubt you'll be dissapointed with it.
even if the forks were bent most of the time they can be straightened, the only thing that can cause a problem is if there is a mark or stress on the fork tubes which causes a weak point.

ps. If you decide you want to sell the damaged clutch cover i will buy it!

The Law
12-08-2011, 07:30 AM
The Ca law does not apply because the Rsv4 is a 50 state bike.

Bulletbob
12-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Damn JC, took a long time to get it I see. I can tell you for a fact the engine is ok. The dealer we have here checked it out for my boss as part of the estimating damage for insurance procedure. They started the engine and let it warm up then reved it a few times. No abnormal noises at all. Good luck on the restore. You will enjoy the bike for sure.

Hmmm, I guess I need to change my avatar since you have the belly pan now.

illtal
12-08-2011, 08:42 AM
I saw this bike, was trying to bid on it but bidding closed after a week... took too long to get my money onto the table to bid with

6k for a 2011 APRC FACTORY huh... man you have it made!!!!!!!!!! clean title too

sliders really saved the forks and some of the case (I'd just put a gb race cover over it like mine)

I wanted this bike so bad but now you just need plastics and new sliders!

OR you could fix it up and turn around and sell it for like 18K

Ed / AF1 Racing
12-08-2011, 09:15 AM
Moto2 is 100% correct. It can be registered with 1000 miles since it's a 50 state legal bike

Daryl RSV4R
12-08-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm in it $11,200. $9500 for the bike w/ registration, and shipping and another $1700 in parts.

6k for a 2011 APRC FACTORY huh... man you have it made!!!!!!!!!! clean title too

Where do you get 6k?

Congrats JC.

mirkvid
12-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Nice! From the look of that frame slider, it must have slid for half a mile! Can't wait to see it when it's done!

JC120
12-08-2011, 11:48 AM
I saw this bike, was trying to bid on it but bidding closed after a week... took too long to get my money onto the table to bid with

sliders really saved the forks and some of the case (I'd just put a gb race cover over it like mine)

I wanted this bike so bad but now you just need plastics and new sliders!

OR you could fix it up and turn around and sell it for like 18K

No this is a keeper, If I had 26,000 I still would of spent it on the samething. As for the price, I wish I paid 6600 at Copart for the bike. There's some guy's in Indiana called premiertoyz who already got it from the bank and the insurance company before the auction ended.

Moto2 is 100% correct. It can be registered with 1000 miles since it's a 50 state legal bike
I'm almost sure that even though its a 50 state bike, you still can't register it here because its considered new. Anything considered new has less than 7500 miles. I got a buddy that's been a bike salesman for the last 7 years who broke the news to me. Its not that big a deal for me yet. My CBR is registered in Florida.

The only other way to register an out of state new bike in CA is to move here with it and become a CA resident.

Ed / AF1 Racing
12-08-2011, 11:53 AM
No this is a keeper, If I had 26,000 I still would of spent it on the samething. As for the price, I wish I paid 6600 at Copart for the bike. There's some guy's in Indiana called premiertoyz who already got it from the bank and the insurance company before the auction ended.

I'm almost sure that even though its a 50 state bike, you still can't register it here because its considered new. Anything considered new has less than 7500 miles. I got a buddy that's been a bike salesman for the last 7 years who broke the news to me. Its not that big a deal for me yet. My CBR is registered in Florida.

The only other way to register an out of state new bike in CA is to move here with it and become a CA resident.

again, not true when its a 50-state legal bike. That only applies to non-CA approved models.

go to your DMV....we've shipped many brand new RSV4s and other new aprilias to CA before, and its no problem getting them titled and registered there (customer did it all).

They for-sure will want to see the 50 state emmisions sticker, pay your taxes, pay your plate, and its good to go.

I have heard they have started checking for the actual emmisions equipment now (cat pipe, and EVAP can).

JC120
12-08-2011, 12:59 PM
again, not true when its a 50-state legal bike. That only applies to non-CA approved models.

go to your DMV....we've shipped many brand new RSV4s and other new aprilias to CA before, and its no problem getting them titled and registered there (customer did it all).

They for-sure will want to see the 50 state emmisions sticker, pay your taxes, pay your plate, and its good to go.

I have heard they have started checking for the actual emmisions equipment now (cat pipe, and EVAP can).

Well thats great news:) The evap can is still there but there's a full Akro race exhaust on it. I guess I'll need to put on the stock system (which I got) before I take it to the DMV.

Bulletbob
12-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Nice! From the look of that frame slider, it must have slid for half a mile! Can't wait to see it when it's done!

Actually he only slid about 30 feet. I was there on my bike when it happened. He was going somewhere between 25 and 30 mph when he went down. Overcooked a 10 mph turn and panic braked. Locked up the front and went down.

slothfryk
12-08-2011, 11:35 PM
JC, welcome to the adventure. Great job on landing the auction. I had tried that route last year, but I got impatient... Ended up buying new. Either way, we're on the V4! You'll find this forum a GREAT source of info during the rebuild. Have fun wrenching, these things are really fun to tweak on. Hehe. Cheers!

illtal
12-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Where do you get 6k?

Congrats JC.

the copart auction that it was listed on ended at 5700 so I thought he had got it for 6600 or whatever they make you pay to close it....

I just read that he got it for 12k and the auction ended early

JC120
12-09-2011, 01:26 PM
JC, welcome to the adventure. Great job on landing the auction. I had tried that route last year, but I got impatient... Ended up buying new. Either way, we're on the V4! You'll find this forum a GREAT source of info during the rebuild. Have fun wrenching, these things are really fun to tweak on. Hehe. Cheers!

Cool, thanks Rick. I'm just glad I finally got it.

Well I put in an order for the parts. I'm just getting the stuff I really need. The tank is a little scuffed up but not too bad. The clutch cover still works so I might just get a GB to cover the clutch cover. The right carbon fairing is just cracked but at $400, I think I'll just wait on that and the Akro can is scuffed up but still works. There's one on ebay for $750 but property taxes and Xmass shopping put a damper on that.

The worst thing is the Dash. Its over $900 to replace but only the outer shell is damaged and the electronics are fine. I got it apart and was think of just cutting my own screen and putting it in there. Also the DD, and Shiver have the same housing so if a clock comes up on ebay, I could just get that and swap the housing.

Some of the stuff, like the front fairing, is on back order so hopefully it doesn't take too long to come in.

illtal
12-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Cool, thanks Rick. I'm just glad I finally got it.

Well I put in an order for the parts. I'm just getting the stuff I really need. The tank is a little scuffed up but not too bad. The clutch cover still works so I might just get a GB to cover the clutch cover. The right carbon fairing is just cracked but at $400, I think I'll just wait on that and the Akro can is scuffed up but still works. There's one on ebay for $750 but property taxes and Xmass shopping put a damper on that.

The worst thing is the Dash. Its over $900 to replace but only the outer shell is damaged and the electronics are fine. I got it apart and was think of just cutting my own screen and putting it in there. Also the DD, and Shiver have the same housing so if a clock comes up on ebay, I could just get that and swap the housing.

Some of the stuff, like the front fairing, is on back order so hopefully it doesn't take too long to come in.
look on here http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/default.asp on what's new on the lower left hand side....

there are oem 2011 parts on there maybe there's something you can get that you need,.

aldeanl
03-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Well after almost 2 months after I sent the money I got my bike finally. Now I gotta wait another week for the key, title, plate and registration. I would of had it sooner but the paperwork was a bit slow to process. There were times I thought I might of sent my money to some scammers but that was just my own paranoia. I definitely lost some sleep worrying about it though.

Soooo I wasn't sure this was a good idea but I've wanted an RSV4 more than any other bike for a while. Only problem is I didn't have enough money to get a new one so I got this one to fix up and restore to its former glory. Kind of a gamble buying it but so far I'm not disappointed that I took the risk.

Anyways I got the tricolor belly pan from Bulletbob on here and some of the take off parts from Bulletbob's boss, the former owner. I got the right side fairings (- the tail) and I'm going to need the left one too along with some other stuff. I'm in it $11,200. $9500 for the bike w/ registration, and shipping and another $1700 in parts. Thank God the forks look alright. I think I'll need to drop another 3 to 4 something grand to get it looking like it never crashed. I haven't started it because I don't have key yet. Hopefully the engine is alright but from what I was told, it runs just fine.

Now I got it stripped down part way so tomorrow I can take an inventory of parts and get those ordered. So far I need; front fairing, tail fairings, right intake, tach cover, right clock bracket, passenger seat cover, rear tail light, front head light is scratched up so hopefully I can just get the clear cover, right fairing bolt, fairing screws, left side fairing, decals, the carbon fiber thingy under the seat on the right side, and the bar ends. The tank is a little scratched up but not too bad. I not sure if I should get another or see if I can get it repainted.

Can't wait to ride this thing!!!

hi. I too have paid premiertoyz 2 months ago for a bike, and have not received it yet. I call and no one answers. I get the recording machine. I email and they take 2 weeks to respond, with unfavorable answers, like they thought i had my bike already. very disorganized. I hope it isn't fraud. Any suggestions?

JC120
03-08-2012, 02:35 PM
hi. I too have paid premiertoyz 2 months ago for a bike, and have not received it yet. I call and no one answers. I get the recording machine. I email and they take 2 weeks to respond, with unfavorable answers, like they thought i had my bike already. very disorganized. I hope it isn't fraud. Any suggestions?

Thats what I went threw and it sucked terribly. I lost a lot of sleep over it but one day the other guy (not Greg) called me up out of the blue and asked for my shipping address. They also seemed to respond to texts more often.

Luiz H Santos
03-09-2012, 10:35 PM

which bike did you buy?

Luiz H Santos
03-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Thats what I went threw and it sucked terribly. I lost a lot of sleep over it but one day the other guy (not Greg) called me up out of the blue and asked for my shipping address. They also seemed to respond to texts more often.

do you still have the number to this other guy?