PDA

View Full Version : Aprilia Rumors

critracerx
11-26-2011, 09:26 PM
I dropped my '09 SXV off for a fuel pump recall today and noticed my dealer has no APE's on the showroom. I asked the sales guy what was up and he said they dropped Aprilia for lack of sales. He also said he heard rumor that Aprilia may be pulling out of the US market. Has anyone heard these rumors??
I've had my SXV for lass than a year and I really hope Aprilia isn't leaving us hanging.

amauri
11-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Never believe what a salesman tells you.

duc slayer
11-26-2011, 09:39 PM
If you have the option, find a better dealer

Allen Noland
11-26-2011, 10:01 PM
Never believe what a salesman tells you.

:plus:

fredgreen
11-27-2011, 02:38 AM
They didn't spend a lot money to win the WSB title with RSV4 then pull out of the US. Maybe the dealer hasn't paid the bills.

scott s
11-27-2011, 09:57 AM
They didn't spend a lot money to win the WSB title with RSV4 then pull out of the US. Maybe the dealer hasn't paid the bills.
Nor the money they are spending getting the new RSV4 Tuono approved for US markets. If the US market is too "small" for them where are they going instead?

ceosurfer
11-28-2011, 08:55 AM
China

Not saying seriously but China has surpassed the US market for supercars. I wouldn't be surprised if they sell more motorcycles in China than they do in the US as well. Bike sales as a whole in the US has decreased greatly over the last 5 years.

Sweeney
11-28-2011, 09:08 AM
China

Not saying seriously but China has surpassed the US market for supercars. I wouldn't be surprised if they sell more motorcycles in China than they do in the US as well. Bike sales as a whole in the US has decreased greatly over the last 5 years.

I can garuntee the sell more motorcycle in china, but they are generally small underpowered bikes from the little knowledge i know about china

soloyosh
11-28-2011, 01:52 PM
China

Motorcycles are banned from most highways in China. This probably limits the appeal of the larger bikes.

duc slayer
11-28-2011, 02:00 PM
India will be the next hotspot

Rebelyell
12-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Hey when all out top jobs have been exported and allowed to have been done so by crooked politicians and the typical cost of any decent bike is 8 grand w no jobs and people barely being able to keep up w bills.I dont think the cycle or car industry is going to be selling to many cars or bikes,40 grand for a POS camaro REALLY?!

Rxvsam
12-07-2011, 11:35 PM
I called a large dealer in PA for some APE parts the other day and was told they dropped the Aprilia line as well. Now I have no dealer within two hours. If motorcycle enthusiast had the chance to experience Aprilia I think some would change their mind. Most people near me say what kind of Honda is that? Is all about the mighty Benjamin...that's what makes the world go round not gravity. I'm a huge XV fan but there aren't many of us in my area that even know these bikes exist.

jay dub
12-08-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm a huge XV fan but there aren't many of us in my area that even know these bikes exist.

Welcome to the club! It's the reason this forum is so extremely helpful for all of us.

efi_geek
12-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Welcome to the club! It's the reason this forum is so extremely helpful for all of us.

Just got asked on Sunday what year my CRF450 was... I answered with a roost to his chest..

-Tim

rocketnz
12-08-2011, 07:07 PM
lol good call.

BRPJockey
12-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Hang on to them I guess!? I guess I'll be taking my next holiday in Italy and shipping a crate of doodads home....

proslider
12-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Just got asked on Sunday what year my CRF450 was... I answered with a roost to his chest..

-Tim

You should have told him its a 2014 prototype but not to tell anyone what he had seen.

BRPJockey
12-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Should of also said: "Yeah Honda finally pulled their head out of their 1980's ass and added a high tech odometer and power to their off road lineup". Killed the XR650R...... Upgrade it! Iiiiidiots!

TheX
12-10-2011, 10:48 AM
One of the reasons I decided on Aprilia was the fact that AF1 IS my local dealer.

BRPJockey
12-10-2011, 06:54 PM
They have a good dealer in Austin Texas? I hope to move there one day....