PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Clicking

Tasunke_sapa
11-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Fired up the Tuono (07.5 Factory) after changing the oil yesterday and after a couple minutes of idle the engine cut out. Thumbed the starter a couple times and got no turnover, just the solitary relay click from under the seat. Third time it started.

Now, however, the alarm (aprilia acc.) now clicks (purrs) for about 5 seconds after shutting the motor down. Not a hum— it sounds like a playing card in bicycle spokes. Alarm otherwise arms/disarms fine, and the bike starts up fine…But each time the ignition is switched off, get the same clicking. Put her back on the tender for a couple hours and no difference.

Battery is only 1 season old, stays on the tender when parked. Had sat for 2 weeks, plugged in, prior to riding it up to Iron Pony to pick-up oil immediately before the change-out yesterday.

Anyone have this happen before?

Tasunke_sapa
12-04-2011, 06:20 PM
No one?

May just disconnect it then. Don't want to risk getting stranded due to a glitchy alarm.

Tifa
12-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Have you had moisture in your clocks? Or high humidity?

Tasunke_sapa
12-05-2011, 08:00 AM
No moisture in the clocks and the humidity here fluctuates as normal...Just the series of clicks coming from under the tail section after switching the ignition off. Used to be at most a soft hum.

All else works apparently fine.

ben_121_uk
04-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Did you ever find a solution to this? Mine has started doing the same.

Tasunke_sapa
04-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Oddly enough, I ignored it and it went away...

I put the bike up for a couple months during the cold season, and it it did it one more time at the first key-on and another at key-off. Hasn't done it since (knock wood).

No advice to offer on this one.

ben_121_uk
04-17-2012, 02:28 PM
If anyone else gets this problem I've found a solution by guessing at something that was mentioned in the alarm manual and it works. Disconnect the battery for at least 50 seconds, reconnect then turn the ignition on, off, on. Job done no more clicking :-)