PDA

View Full Version : Fuel reserve light stays out.

Diverence
11-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm having some electrical problems now. happened all of a sudden.

Last sunday I've taken the bike out to a Supermoto race around here in Holland.

I knew I was low on gas, damn fuel station didn't worked and other was about 6 km's away. so took that way, halfway a Sputter and left me aside of the road with no gas. till here the fuel light did worked.

When I came back to my bike after the Supermoto race was finished, there was no problem at all, rode about 70 km's to get there and did the trip very relaxed(no overwhelming gas cracking). So I thought there was enough Gas in the tank and I could make it home without refueling.

So I took off and I knew the light should come on around 80-85 km's. And it didn't. Ended the trip with a 120 km's radius rode on one tank. but all those km's from 80 to 120 km's the Fuel Reserve light did not get lighted up.

So I know it is a electrical problem BUT I don't have a clue where to look to try and resolve it.

If anyone knows what it could be, feel free to reply and help me out.

BTW.: all other functions of the Display work fine. but bike is little hard to start sometimes. during start procedure front light flickers and starter clicks at that moment. so it also could be due a bad battery. (will have to clear this one as last) since all other functions are just working fine.

darkside
11-03-2011, 12:50 PM
It's a fairly common problem. There's a fuel level sensor attached to the fuel pump. A lot of time the wire connection comes off or the sensor goes bad. Husqvarna uses the same fuel pump assembly. Both my Ape and Husky don't work.

Metalmulisha
11-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Is it easy to change or not?

usherp_250
11-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Remove tank and drain and there are 6 8mm bolts attaching the pump to the bottom of the tank..
Slide this out and you will see the pump assembly..
Someone will be able to point you towards the correct wire
I was amazed that none of these wires were sealed or protected from the petrol tbh
Good luck

Diverence
11-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Is it easy to change or not?

the funiest thing is that the battery charger says that the battery is fully loaded.

Metalmulisha
11-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Cheers usherp!

Diverence
11-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Remove tank and drain and there are 6 8mm bolts attaching the pump to the bottom of the tank..
Slide this out and you will see the pump assembly..
Someone will be able to point you towards the correct wire
I was amazed that none of these wires were sealed or protected from the petrol tbh
Good luck

will ride this tank empty (since i've just refilled it) and then i'll go and have a look:plus:

Thxs in advance Usherp!

efi_geek
11-03-2011, 01:57 PM
has anyone found a cheap replacement pump yet> I have compared amny at the parts place, but nothing is close.

-Tim

MickyC51
11-03-2011, 02:26 PM
When my fuel low light stopped working I took the pump out and the sensor rod was actually broken in half. I can't for the life of me figure out how that happened but it did.

Diverence
11-03-2011, 02:34 PM
hmm, I think your feeling about it are the same as mine. how for gods sake did it happened..

usherp_250
11-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Aprilia parts
Say no more!!!

rocketnz
11-03-2011, 04:12 PM
How does the fuel hose detach from the fuel tank underneath, i must be simple not to be able to work it out.

darkside
11-03-2011, 05:58 PM
has anyone found a cheap replacement pump yet

yes.

http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/products/fuel-carbs/fuel-pump-for-fuel-injected-husqvarna-4-strokes

dom_sxv
11-03-2011, 06:17 PM
yes.

http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/products/fuel-carbs/fuel-pump-for-fuel-injected-husqvarna-4-strokes

Is ithis a direct replacement fuel pump?

dom_sxv
11-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Feck "Made in China" written on it!

SXVINWA
11-03-2011, 07:50 PM
How does the fuel hose detach from the fuel tank underneath, i must be simple not to be able to work it out.

Quick connect fitting. Push hose on, pull orange collar towards hose pull hose and collar off. Will be under pressure, so be careful and have a rag handy.

efi_geek
11-03-2011, 09:37 PM
yes.

You are the man, I don't care what the others say about you in PM's!! :D

Thanks,
Tim

Metalmulisha
11-07-2011, 05:32 AM
just done mine and the thermistor rods snapped, so a bit of locktite and ziptie should hopefully work!!

Metalmulisha
11-08-2011, 06:13 AM
just done mine and the thermistor rods snapped, so a bit of locktite and ziptie should hopefully work!!

Seems to off worked fuel light back up and running!!

O Trader
11-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Mine is the opposite. Its always on........ Any ideas !