PDA

View Full Version : Bad problems after rebuild.

SXV_BOOM
11-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Hello,

I have an sxv and it needed a rebuild.
Went to a well known shop and did a full rebuild, got some problems with statorbolts etc and brought it back and payed a lot of cash to fix it.

After this i got the engine back and tried to start, it started perfect only i start hearing a rattling noise in the engine. The day after i tried to start it again and the engine was locked-up and i couldnt start anymore on starter and push start.

Brought the engine back to the shop, he told me there was a problem with the clutch that was a minor fix and the engine was working again. only he also heared the noise. turns out the crankshaft bolt? came loose.

Now i want to know who will turn up for the costs?

I never opened the engine when it came back here, and i only mounted the engine under the bike and removed it.

Bernard

mertsxv
11-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Was that a shop for rebuilding normal engines? I mead did they ever do a rebuild on a sxv. because there are many points to look out for , like the stator bolts .
Even I know that , And I'm a noob,

SXV_BOOM
11-01-2011, 03:22 PM
yes many

mertsxv
11-01-2011, 03:43 PM
So they did not loctite the stator bolts , and did not torqued the rod bolts on the right spec , 15nm and 50drg ,
Or mayb they used molykote gn paste on the rod bolts. That stuff is anti seize and that is not wat you want on your rod bolts.

It sounds like an italian has been working on your engine, again.

fredgreen
11-01-2011, 07:11 PM
The plus of being a engine builder went you fuck up, you ring the customer and ask for more money and tell them it's there fault.

Markee
11-02-2011, 12:06 AM
Whoever built the engine is responsible for a mistake like that, not you.

J_B
11-02-2011, 12:37 AM
Servus!
If you got a full rebuild - ie split the cases and all that jazz, I would say the rebuilder needs to come to the party. A full rebuild he would have installed the crankshaft bolt, in this case incorrectly.
Not sure, but is the crankshaft bolt considered a consumable (ie dont use again after removal)?