PDA

View Full Version : Sensor Range

06SXV
10-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Does anyone know what the range on the OPS, H2O, TPS, and such? We will be trying to get the data logger hooked up, and need to know this in order to convert the readings to useful values.

Thanks

Also, does anyone know what temperature the fan is supposed to come on/ how it is controlled? As in, what wire from the ECU controls the fans?

Allen Noland
10-27-2011, 05:51 PM
If I remember correctly, the fan comes on at 102 and goes off at 97 (C). ECU wire 33 goes to the fan

06SXV
10-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Thanks a lot Allen. Do you know the range of the sensors? I was glad to hear you could help us out from the phone call that was made this morning.

Thanks a ton and look forward to dealing with you in the future!

amauri
10-27-2011, 07:25 PM
Does anyone know what the range on the OPS, H2O, TPS, and such? We will be trying to get the data logger hooked up, and need to know this in order to convert the readings to useful values.

The OPS (oil pressure sensor) is just a switch, therefore no range to speak of, just on or off. It triggers @ .6 BAR

Bellow are the book values for the air temp, coolant temp and TPS, but I would not use those for a data logger.
Instead, you should measure your sensors so your logger recordings are accurate.

Place the temp sensor in a cup of ice water, use a thermometer to measure the water temp and an ohm meter connected to the sensor terminals to record the temp vs ohms.
Then place the same sensor in a cup of hot water and measure the same as you did with cold water.

For the TPS, ohm it at closed throttle and again at full open throttle.

Now you have accurate values that you can relate temp to ohms and use that on your data logger.

06SXV
10-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks a ton. Great info.

usherp_250
10-28-2011, 03:43 AM
Sorry to jump in with something non relevant!!
Amauri.
Where can I get the info/photos download you have shown in this thread of parts list/info
Any direction would be great

Yascher
10-29-2011, 03:10 AM
Amauri,
is it possible to download that PDF of yours from somwhere and save your time with our silly questions?:worship:

usherp_250
10-29-2011, 06:28 AM
Amauri,
is it possible to download that PDF of yours from somwhere and save your time with our silly questions?:worship:

:plus: :worship:

amauri
10-29-2011, 10:27 AM
It is a large Power Point document that Aprilia distributed to Techs during XV training class several years ago.

I would have to ask permission from Aprilia and find a host to post it for others to download.
Though it helps everyone understand how these bikes work, I am violating copyrights laws when I post even a single page without permission.

usherp_250
10-29-2011, 10:57 AM
I won't tell..