PDA

View Full Version : Resale of Stock Street "Clothing"?

rangerrotty
10-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Hello all. I'm wondering what would be a reasonable amout one could get for selling all the stock street equipment from an RSVR. If/when I get one of these, it will never see the street, so I'd like to use the sale of those parts to offset the purchase of some track oriented parts.

What do you all think? $2000 reasonable for all the lights, fairings, etc...?

Thanks!

rybo
10-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Martin,

I have a whole set that is off of a 2004 RSV Factory (carbon panels and all) that I'm asking $1500 for with a few bites and no buyers.

I think I'll probably end up parting it all out and getting about that for it, but maybe not, might be a bit less.

$2K is probably shooting a bit high.
s

fastmike
10-12-2011, 10:35 PM
That's sans tank correct?

If it is, then it sounds a little high to me. Remember the R doesn't have CF, if it did then it would be worth that price. Probably closer to $1500. You may be able to get more if you part it out though.

rangerrotty
10-13-2011, 07:18 AM
You might have better luck posting in the RSVR forum instead of the RSV4 forum

Duh.. I meant to type RSV4 R... Sorry!

hank
10-13-2011, 08:19 AM
Hello all. I'm wondering what would be a reasonable amout one could get for selling all the stock street equipment from an RSVR. If/when I get one of these, it will never see the street, so I'd like to use the sale of those parts to offset the purchase of some track oriented parts.

What do you all think? $2000 reasonable for all the lights, fairings, etc...?

Thanks!

Martin,

You're much better off simply buying a used bike, already track prepped.

I missed you & Irene at the track - I'll PM you...

rangerrotty
10-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Martin,

You're much better off simply buying a used bike, already track prepped.

I missed you & Irene at the track - I'll PM you...

Ya, I don't think we crossed paths at all this year, did we?

I'd love to buy a track prepped RSV4, but the only one I have seen was the BWHIP bike and that was out of my league/price range.

hank
10-13-2011, 08:57 AM
Keep checking the classifieds section here - there have been quite a few for sale...

jpbits
10-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Ya, I don't think we crossed paths at all this year, did we?

I'd love to buy a track prepped RSV4, but the only one I have seen was the BWHIP bike and that was out of my league/price range.

shame you're not in aus, i'd sell you one of mine!

Dejavu
10-14-2011, 02:55 AM
Cant you look at the OEM price of all the panels and ebay them for a little less each panel....I almost thought about selling my factory fairings and gettin black rsv4 r fairings....or doing a straight swap with some1

wilkson
10-14-2011, 04:12 AM
Cant you look at the OEM price of all the panels and ebay them for a little less each panel....I almost thought about selling my factory fairings and gettin black rsv4 r fairings....or doing a straight swap with some1

Have some near new black road trim Im not using if your interested.