PDA

View Full Version : Sxv outside while at work in cold weather! Quick help

rmbukk
10-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Im going to be using my SXV to go to and from work and college during the winter. The thing is my bike is going to be in an outdoor carpark during the day when im inside. I will keep it covered but is it likely to cause any starting problems etc when i go to start it after work for the ride home? its going to be set up properly and is not usually hard to start! Just wondered if sitting outside in cold temperatures might get to it.....? Temps will be an average of 8 Celcius

sxv explorer
10-08-2011, 01:17 PM
should not be problem,if bike is set up correctly.mine starts well even 0 celsius temperature.

jaxxon
10-08-2011, 01:30 PM
I disagree... SXV's hate starting in cold weather even when properly mapped -maybe yours, being that you live in Finland is properly set up for cold weather?

sxv explorer
10-08-2011, 02:11 PM
I disagree... SXV's hate starting in cold weather even when properly mapped -maybe yours, being that you live in Finland is properly set up for cold weather?

if temperature is about +10-+5 celsius i dont see any reason why you can't use bike.if all is ok bike starts wery well,and probeply warm up can't cause any damages to the motor.at the summer we have here +20-+35 and bike works great.no matter cold or hot.

Allen Noland
10-08-2011, 05:27 PM
If it's properly setup and mapped you shouldn't have any problems a 8C....my RXV 450 starts on the first try at -5C after sitting out all night.

rmbukk
10-09-2011, 03:30 AM
Thanks for all the info, bring on the cold weather!