PDA

View Full Version : R&G Front and Rear Sliders back in stock

Ed / AF1 Racing
04-09-2004, 12:14 PM
A few people called in the past few days for the R&G front and rear framesliders. I said I was at least 2 weeks off for more to come in......a big box of them showed up today.

So, they are back in stock for now, but hurry, they sell very quick.

RSV4ME
04-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Hey ED,
How about chasing some clear double bubble or high screens for the 04 Mille? I promise to buy the first one.......
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Ed / AF1 Racing
04-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Zero-Gravity will have them soon, and we'll have the first ones....

I am also looking into other brands for the mean time....availibilty is the hardest thing right now....they say they make them, but dont have any for sale yet.

hopefully, in a couple of weeks......

Dvus
04-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by RSV4ME
Hey ED,
How about chasing some clear double bubble or high screens for the 04 Mille? I promise to buy the first one.......
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Meet too. I'd like to have a better clear windscreen too. Double bubble or high

Aprilia94
04-09-2004, 12:36 PM
Hey Ed: Since you are already importing UK stuff, I know that Skidmarx over there makes the '04 screen in double bubble. I spoke with them (Chris) at the UK Dealer EXPO in January. They had already made some by then. Pyramid gets theirs directly from Skidmarx. Just a thought.

LP USA has them in the catalog but they are not available yet. However, I believe Wendall (spelling?) Phillips (the owner) has an '04 Mille which leads me to believe that parts shouldn't be far off for them. I am not certain he has one, just what I overheard at the Indy show while in the LP booth.

Ed / AF1 Racing
04-09-2004, 02:51 PM
I know about SkidMarx......

importing stuff from the UK sucks big time right now.....

the dollar to pound is almost 2:1......and shipping is horribly expensive.....it costs 5X as much for them to send me something versus us shipping to the UK.......most of my R&G boxes cost several hundred dollars to ship over.

Then, getting popped with US Customs tariffs......got to fight with them real hard not to be popped with a 10% tax.

it gets to be a very expensive windscreen real quick.....

their 50 British pound windscreen becomes $100 US dollars plus $30-40 shipping each plus 10% duty......

Thunder Factory
04-09-2004, 03:35 PM
Im running a Skidmarx screen at the moment, basically they were first that became available.

I was interested in the MRA screen from Germany but they kept missing release dates and I wanted somthing on te bike for my first decent trip last month.

Can well understand the situation about shipping from the Uk to the US for parts, the exchange rate at the mpment is brilliant for us giys over here but a total pisser the other way round.

Ed what's the timescale on the Zero Gravity screens and are they available in clear and tinted?

vtrandall
04-09-2004, 04:16 PM
Ed,
thanks for the reminder. I just ordered some rear sliders and according to the email, already shipped !! :)

As far as the windscreens go. The Pyramid I have on my superhawk is really well made. Thick plastic, doesn't flap in the wind, the mounting holes were right on. I have heard that some of the other vendors have problems with the above mentioned items. The MRA look nice. I have heard mixed things about the zero gravity, but this was awhile back, perhaps they are better now?

randall

Dvus
04-09-2004, 04:32 PM
I had a zero gravity windscreen for my R6 and the mounting holes were off center. I had it on for over a year and there were large cracks in the wiindscreen..

Thunder Factory
04-10-2004, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by vtrandall
Ed,
thanks for the reminder. I just ordered some rear sliders and according to the email, already shipped !! :)

As far as the windscreens go. The Pyramid I have on my superhawk is really well made. Thick plastic, doesn't flap in the wind, the mounting holes were right on. I have heard that some of the other vendors have problems with the above mentioned items. The MRA look nice. I have heard mixed things about the zero gravity, but this was awhile back, perhaps they are better now?

randall

I read somewhere that Skidmarx supply Pyramid with screens, not sure if it's accurate though.

There was a test in Ride magazine recently of different screens and the MRA was marked down on one of the sections as it was thinner than most of the others and scored lower in the impact test.

Interestingly the top score went to Zero Gravity.:D

vtrandall
04-12-2004, 10:59 PM
got the sliders today.....super service!!
gonna install them sometime this week if I can figure out how to get the weird nut off :)

thanks

Randall

Italibikefreak
04-13-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Dvus
I had a zero gravity windscreen for my R6 and the mounting holes were off center. I had it on for over a year and there were large cracks in the wiindscreen..

Yeah a Co-worker of mine has a RC-51 with a zerogravity screen and his is starting to crack. He's had the screen for about a year now I hope they make them thicker this time.

Thunder Factory
04-13-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by vtrandall
got the sliders today.....super service!!
gonna install them sometime this week if I can figure out how to get the weird nut off :)

thanks

Randall

Randall

Just wanted to check what you mean by the weird nut? It just occurred to me that you may be looking at the nuts on the swingarm axel, if so "DON'T TOUCH THEM" cause that's not where the sliders go.

The lower sliders mount in place of the rear engine mounts slightly higher up on the frame.

Sorry if I've got this totally wrong and sound patronising, rather sound silly than say nothing in a case like this.:D

:peace: