PDA

View Full Version : PCV on 2011 RSV4

mikef4uk
09-27-2011, 03:20 AM
DJ now list a PCV for the RSV4, has anyone fitted one yet? I have trawled through the race ecu threads etc and not found anyone.
I have had great results with PCV on my S1000 and 09R1 before that and I am very tempted by one, I also have the A/T which made a really good job of self mapping both of them.
I know ALL modern bikes run as lean as possible low down, I hate the thought of what damage it is doing

Chris_Mag
09-27-2011, 10:33 AM
they listed a p/n for one for a long time without it actually being available. There are threads here explaining some of the details.

As far as how lean the bikes are, the common perception is that the US bikes are more lean than UK versions. There appear to be many UK riders who add slip-ons and run stock mapping.

If you do want to richen the bike up, it's probably worthwhile to do the Race mapping/ECU first, and then map on top of the Aprilia fuel/ignition/RBW tables.

mikef4uk
09-27-2011, 12:27 PM
they listed a p/n for one for a long time without it actually being available. There are threads here explaining some of the details.

As far as how lean the bikes are, the common perception is that the US bikes are more lean than UK versions. There appear to be many UK riders who add slip-ons and run stock mapping.

If you do want to richen the bike up, it's probably worthwhile to do the Race mapping/ECU first, and then map on top of the Aprilia fuel/ignition/RBW tables.

Thanks Chris,

The only issue I have is it does feel a little lean up to about 3000rpm, it's not snatchy, just ocassionaly a little jerky as if it misses a beat if that makes sense? but I just know how good modern bikes can be with a PCV and paying a lot of attention to the 0-5000rpm / 2% and 5% throttle areas