PDA

View Full Version : Workshop manual hard copy.

racecomp
09-23-2011, 11:33 PM
I managed to get my hands on a RSV4 Factory manual in hard copy.

PM me if you're are atfter one and I'll pass on your info to the guy I got them from, cost me AU$80.00.

Ed / AF1 Racing
09-24-2011, 08:37 AM
He took the PDF that everyone here can get for $8 and took it to a print shop to be printed and bound. Aprilia doesn't bind their manuals like that.

zvez
09-24-2011, 08:44 AM
Ed, I go the various manuals from you guys by download which worked perfectly. Is their anyway to obtain service bulletin updates or add-ons when they come out?

As to hard copy, I was thinking of going to kinkos and get a bound copy of each manual done. Not sure of the cost but probably safer than using a laptop as I do now, ie no biggy if I spill something on the paper.

Chris

slowmike
09-24-2011, 11:54 AM
I keep my manuals in PDF and view with a kindle. This way I can annotate notes, leave bookmarks and quickly find various sections. Good battery life too.

zvez
09-24-2011, 01:24 PM
I hadn't thought of that. Does a kindle have usb port?? Which version do you have?

Chris

I keep my manuals in PDF and view with a kindle. This way I can annotate notes, leave bookmarks and quickly find various sections. Good battery life too.

fastmike
09-24-2011, 02:28 PM
$80 bucks seems kinda expensive! Plus shipping. I like that kindle idea, if I had one of those. I just printed the manual off at work for gratis and got the binder from them as well. It doesn't look that neat though, but it cost a whole lot less!

amauri
09-24-2011, 03:42 PM
I keep all manuals in .pdf also, I have a laptop next to my work bench.

When I want to work on a bike, I just print the few pages related to the part of the bike I'm working on. Don't have to worry about messing up the hardcopy books with dirty hands.

DuctTape
09-24-2011, 06:51 PM

:plus:I use to use a laptop but now use my Playbook.

racecomp
09-24-2011, 10:23 PM
The price included shipping and a CD with a PDF, not so bad. It is not OEM but, it is very clear and well printed. I'm old school and like hard copies, I would rather use that than my laptop or PC. I use my laptop all the time for tuning etc.
I just like to grab the hard copy without the need to turn on the PC.