PDA

View Full Version : ECU problem

nevada
09-09-2011, 06:24 PM
hi so im new ill introuduce myself later :P but i have a problem with my brand new rsv4 r i picked up about a month ago....... i rode it for a week and then all of a sudden the general warning light came on and the display showed ecu on it. Now it wont start except the display comes on and thats about it. I took it back the 8 hrs to the nearest dealership which i got it from, to see if they could fix it. It took them a hr to "fix" it they said the keys needed to be reprogrammed so i took it back home with me, (i trailered it there and back so i didnt test it out at the dealership) the next day i went to go start it up and go for a ride and the same thing happend again. now this is the situation im in. i have told the dealership to come and get it to fix it because im not taking another day off of work and wasting 600 dollars to take it to them. They are trying to see what aprilia canada will do to help. but so far iv been waiting 3 weeks for some kind of answer. i was told to try the roadside assitance program but i shouldnt have to pay the extra fee for the delivery. i belive the dealership or aprilia should......now has anyone ever come across this ecu problem before. because the dealership has no real idea of whats wrong with my bike

nevada
09-09-2011, 08:26 PM
ps does anyone know of a number i can use to get a hold of aprilia ? every number i have been given comes up busy or no one answers it and i dont want to keep going through the dealership to get answers i want to go to the source

amauri
09-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Have you tried www.aprilia.com?

I just did and followed the link to customer service in Canada.
http://www.aprilia.com/apriliacust/home.asp?lin=ca
They have a toll free 855 number

nevada
09-09-2011, 09:56 PM
sure have the number rings for a while then starts to beep like its busy or disconnected

amauri
09-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Then I would try calling Piaggio USA, last I heard they were supporting Canada.
The toll free may not work from CA so try the direct # 212 380-4400

slothfryk
09-10-2011, 11:40 PM
I would start by recommending that you use the "shift" key to correctly capitalize your sentences. Proper punctuation would also help other readers determine that your first post is worth responding to, and that you're not a troll looking to defame the mark.

Since that ommission indicates that you fail to follow the general procedure of things, I might also recommend that you read and following all the instructions in your owner's manual as to the intended operation of the bike. After all your lack of attentions to detail, I'm led to assume that you've completely skipped that step, along with your introduction.

igotyofire
09-11-2011, 02:12 AM
hi so im new ill introuduce myself later :P but i have a problem with my brand new rsv4 r i picked up about a month ago....... i rode it for a week and then all of a sudden the general warning light came on and the display showed ecu on it now it wont start or anything the display comes on and thats about it. i took it back the 8 hrs to the nearest dealership which i got it from, to see if they could fix it. it took them a hr to "fix" it they said the keys needed to be reprogrammed so i took it back home with me (i trailered it there and back so i didnt test it out at the dealership) next day i went to go start it up and go for a ride and the same thing happend again. now this is the situation im in. i have told the dealership to come and get it to fix it because im not taking another day off of work and wasting 600 dollars to take it to them now, they are trying to see what aprilia canada will do to help. but so far iv been waiting 3 weeks for some kind of answer. i was told to try the roadside assitance program but i shouldnt have to pay the extra fee for the delivery. i belive the dealership or aprilia should......now has anyone ever come across this ecu problem before. because the dealership has no real idea of whats wrong with my bike

And I thought i was bad......only made it about half way through. At the very least we need periods or commas. Just to get off subject a bit I know the Thai Language is like this where there is no beginning & no end. I do not think I could learn to speak Thai after reading this paragraph! lol. Welcome to the forums & sorry to hear about the bad luck with the bike.

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx82/RockitRabbit/Jules.jpg

fastmike
09-11-2011, 10:31 PM
So, you think he's Thai and then immigrated to Canada?

Thanks Rick. I love this forum! Now I get motorcycle information and grammar etiquette. Just like going to 1st grade again.

nevada
09-11-2011, 11:47 PM
I would start by recommending that you use the "shift" key to correctly capitalize your sentences. Proper punctuation would also help other readers determine that your first post is worth responding to, and that you're not a troll looking to defame the mark.

Since that ommission indicates that you fail to follow the general procedure of things, I might also recommend that you read and following all the instructions in your owner's manual as to the intended operation of the bike. After all your lack of attentions to detail, I'm led to assume that you've completely skipped that step, along with your introduction.

Well first off I didn't know this was a forum about spelling/grammar . I thought it was about motorcycles

Secondly I have read my owners manual front to back . If you have no useful information to give how bout you just not post and move on to another one.

igotyofire
09-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Well first off I didn't know this was a forum about spelling/grammar . I thought it was about motorcycles

Secondly I have read my owners manual front to back . If you have no useful information to give how bout you just not post and move on to another one.

Secondly, Did you try Amauri's other suggestion?

MDRSV
09-13-2011, 08:32 AM
Buying an Italian bike where you are 6 hours from a dealer....never a good idea. That's why this time around and for other reasons I went with KTM. That said, next time make sure you start it and take a test ride before you go back home for such a long drive.

nevada
09-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Buying an Italian bike where you are 6 hours from a dealer....never a good idea. That's why this time around and for other reasons I went with KTM. That said, next time make sure you start it and take a test ride before you go back home for such a long drive.

i would have taken it for a test ride but the sales person i was dealing with had it running and rode it out to where i was

nevada
09-13-2011, 02:42 PM

thanks for the phone number amauri. i called them today and they are going to look into it, and call me back tomorrow at the latest.