PDA

View Full Version : RSV4 aprc with akrapovic slip on but no race ECU

Felipec
09-06-2011, 03:32 AM
Hi guys,
J have aprilia rsv4 aprc. J buy akrapovic slip on without catalisator for my aprilia from akrapovic dealer( not from aprilia dealer). But j dont have race ECU. What is the difference between race ECU and stock ECU with instaled akrapovis slip on? Shoud J change the stock ECU or not? please write me...thanks

Phunky Phish
09-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Why dont you read the 'Do I need a race ecu or not?' and make your own mind up?

WNFO! :)

Dejavu
09-06-2011, 12:19 PM
^this read the sticky thread!

JPP
09-06-2011, 03:45 PM
sure you can. but the right thing would be to remap. there now, I saved you an hour reading.

fastmike
09-06-2011, 07:50 PM
sure you can. but the right thing would be to remap. there now, I saved you an hour reading.

As above. I saved you an hour too. Plus I'm gonna give you one of these, WNFO!

duff_boy
09-07-2011, 05:58 AM
Now i realise the Race ECU is the so called most desired option - but even then i find it a little ridiculous that the same mapping is supposed to be "perfect" for any aftermarket exhaust - full, slip-on or otherwise, but it is pretty much the only option Aprilia seem to currently offer.

Has anyone actually tested the bike; Standard ECU/Exhaust also Standard ECU/Aftermarket exhaust - back to back? I would be very interested to see if the so called lean condition is present at low rev's/partial throttle with everything standard. I Have a theory that the engine is mapped quite lean in this range to optimise fuel economy, but also i dare say that the SAI is active at closed and partial throttle opening's, effectively artificially "leaning out" the AFR reading compounding the issue. Perhaps even trying dyno run's with the SAI system blocked off/disabled to see any difference.

Let me know what you guys think, or any proper results that have actually been obtained. I'm in the same boat, just received my slip-on today and although i will probably eventually buy the race ecu, $900 is stupid expensive if it's not absolutely necessary.

Dayv
09-07-2011, 06:17 AM
Hey Duff Boy...talk them down in price I ended up getting my Race ECU for around 630 or 650.

duff_boy
09-07-2011, 07:11 AM
Hey Duff Boy...talk them down in price I ended up getting my Race ECU for around 630 or 650.

That's good to know... where/when was that, and also(i don't think it should matter, but...) what model bike do you have? Did they sting you much extra to install/learn?

kneedrag05
07-08-2013, 09:56 AM
I would be interested as well to see some a/f ratio charts on a totally stock bike compared to the same bike with a slip on only. I have read the sticky and understand the concern but I have never seen any proof that the a/f ration is drastically changed by installing a slip on. I know that the exhaust can effect quite a bit but a simple mind would think that you would either need to install a full system or modify the intake to change the a/f so much that different fueling was necessary to keep the engine cool.

digitalrurouni
07-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Race ECU is 450 from AF1.

sgw
07-08-2013, 03:33 PM
I bought my race ecu from Brisbane Aprilia (aka Springwood Suzuki) for $560 and it cost $50 for them to install it and do the throttle learning.