PDA

View Full Version : Is Aprilia in financial trouble?

scott2ride
04-05-2004, 08:39 PM
I have heard through several different sources that Aprilia may be in deep crap financially?

Does anyone know anything?

What can you tell us?

Exdukenut
04-05-2004, 09:36 PM
Biaggio is looking for a financial partner, ala Ducati several years ago, to enable them to expand some more, and increase production.

I would safely say that with Italy's financial system, the way it is, that they would be protected for a while, if god forbid, the worse came.

Just look at MV Agusta, They've been in financial strife for years and are still producing bikes!

I think you'll find that at the moment that they're just a little tight! They just need the right injection of some funding.

Don't worry, you'll get your bike! If you don't you can always get your deposits back, by flying to the UK for a holiday!

capirex
04-06-2004, 05:12 AM
MCN ran the following article the other week.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/detail?sectionID=50677&documentID=196032

Thunder Factory
04-06-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by scott2ride
I have heard through several different sources that Aprilia may be in deep crap financially?

Does anyone know anything?

What can you tell us?

Don't know about them but I have to stop modding the bike or I will be! :D

clarkie49
04-06-2004, 07:23 AM
yeah scott, you are right.

but i heard that they cancelled your shipment of bikes to NZ, and now they are doing better :D

Aprilia94
04-06-2004, 08:38 AM
What Italian company is not in Financial trouble?

scott2ride
04-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by clarkie49
yeah scott, you are right.

but i heard that they cancelled your shipment of bikes to NZ, and now they are doing better :D

Apparently they are in the poo because they sent me 3 NEROS instead of 3 Factories.... Oh well....

Befbever
04-07-2004, 02:49 PM
They just need the right injection of some funding.
Hey I resemble that!
http://users.pandora.be/beffy/Gifs/crazy.gif