PDA

View Full Version : adjust throttle

modulo_s
08-02-2011, 12:11 AM
tried looking in the manual but couldn't find anything. so I pulled back that foreskin looking thing near the throttle and exposed the adjustment knob. I fiddled with it but it only seems to change the idle speed.

strange too how it works. u turn it but it doesn't take effect until u feed in a little throttle. but I couldn't adjust it incrementally it would only jump from 1500 to 2000 to 2500rpm in presets. but anyway does anyone know how to adjust the throttle slack?

boostenmkiv
08-03-2011, 04:40 AM
tried looking in the manual but couldn't find anything. so I pulled back that foreskin looking thing near the throttle and exposed the adjustment knob. I fiddled with it but it only seems to change the idle speed.

strange too how it works. u turn it but it doesn't take effect until u feed in a little throttle. but I couldn't adjust it incrementally it would only jump from 1500 to 2000 to 2500rpm in presets. but anyway does anyone know how to adjust the throttle slack?

What are you trying to adjust with the throttle? slack? It sounds like you are in the right place and if you OVERtighten that adjustmet nut, it will actually pull the throttle cable just a bit and actually raise the idle speed...you dont want to do this. If you loosen that nut, you should see a bunch of play starting to show up in the throttle.

Lastly, when finished adjusting this nut, MAKE SURE to turn the steering to FULL lock in both directions to make sure the throttle cable isn't too tight causing a rise in RPMS when turning.

modulo_s
08-03-2011, 03:27 PM
thanks!

I believe I did overtighten it. I'll try adjusting it again. is it correct that u won't see the idle change until the throttle is fed in? when i turn the nut either way nothing happens until i turn the throttle. that is when the idle jumps up or down.

boostenmkiv
08-04-2011, 04:42 AM
thanks!

I believe I did overtighten it. I'll try adjusting it again. is it correct that u won't see the idle change until the throttle is fed in? when i turn the nut either way nothing happens until i turn the throttle. that is when the idle jumps up or down.

That doesn't seem quite right....as you adjust the nut, this pulls the cable so it should be the same effect as turning the throttle grip.