PDA

View Full Version : Is it true there are delays getting new Aprilias?

scott2ride
04-04-2004, 09:24 PM
I ordered a new RED Factory 6 weeks ago on 22nd of February and I was expecting it to arrive at the dealers 2 weeks ago. In fact we ordered 3 new factories from this dealer at the same time, all to be sent to New Zealand from this UK dealer. Deposits etc were paid.

Then last week the dealer tells us that there was a delay at the Aprilia factory and there is another month to wait. That will make it 10-11 weeks from ordering???(Then it will be another 6 weeks to ship to NZ).

So have any of you heard that there are long waiting lists for Red Factories???

Thunder Factory
04-05-2004, 01:49 AM
Aprilia have been operating an advanced order system (in the UK at least) with dealers to cope with the demand for the bike.

With it's popularity dealers are having to order in batches and it's first come first served.

Over here dealers who are not prepared to order in advance are getting caught out.

:peace:

mike71
04-05-2004, 03:30 AM
mate, my factory was 3 and a half weeks late (to Oz, got it 4 weeks late in Adelaide) , and they were on the boat before I ordered it. aprilia Australia also held back some of our dealer orders due to lack of supply.

ie some dealers who ordered two factorys only recieved one while a couple were held back in the warehouse.

Given that we only get the black factory down under I'm not suprised at your wait.

could be your man in the UK didn't get his full order and you're getting bikes from the next batch.

kwagga
04-05-2004, 04:19 AM
I think that your dealer may have slipped on advanced ordering. There is a slight delay (about 2week here in SA) depending on the demand. If i am not mistaken they have sold about 17 factories since the beginning of the year not to mention the R's. First shipment only had 6 factories.

scott2ride
04-05-2004, 04:48 PM
Thanks guys. I feel a little better now....sort of!

Do you know how hard it is to wait for your new baby when it will end up being 17 -19 weeks after ordering...sob sob sniff sniff....

Kiwi
04-05-2004, 04:54 PM
Ha ha ha, that'll teach you Scott, I got my red Factory last week !!!

scott2ride
04-05-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Kiwi
Ha ha ha, that'll teach you Scott, I got my red Factory last week !!!

Bastard Kiwi ! :D

At least still I have my old faithfull baby to play on.

I see you are based in Taranaki. Im in Ak. I think we've met. Are you Daren or Malcom? I have a blue 02 RSV with high pipes.

Must meet for a wee ride eh.

Kiwi
04-05-2004, 05:24 PM
Yeah it's Darren and I was just messing with you, the old faithful is still going strong with 35000k's on the clock, just have a wee issue with the front disc's, but hey she's got a 3yr warranty thank-you AMPS. It was my mate on the Tuono that got wasted down South a month ago thanks to a Canadian tourist on the wrong side of the road.

scott2ride
04-05-2004, 06:39 PM
Really sorry to hear you lost your friend. What is his name? How is his family?

I lost my best friend Kerry Gorden 12 months ago while riding with him on Waitangi weekend. It was out on the backroads by Magakino Dam, just north of Taupo. He overshot the road and hit the clay banking. Was in a coma for 16 days at Waikato.

It is always very hard on everyone involved and I really do feel for you and for his family and friends. RIP.

You had me going on the Red Factory...ya bastard :D Glad your R is still rocking on.

When are you up this way again?

Kiwi_M5
04-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by scott2ride
Bastard Kiwi ! :D

At least still I have my old faithfull baby to play on.

I see you are based in Taranaki. Im in Ak. I think we've met. Are you Daren or Malcom? I have a blue 02 RSV with high pipes.

Must meet for a wee ride eh.

You STILL not got your new wheels Scott ... oh how sad :D :D :D :D

Now up to 4500k's. I'll be ready to trade mine soon if you are interested :D

scott2ride
04-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Kiwi_M5
You STILL not got your new wheels Scott ... oh how sad :D :D :D :D

Now up to 4500k's. I'll be ready to trade mine soon if you are interested :D

Gee I'm not even an Aussie and I already hate you bastard Kiwis ! :bond: :bond: :bitchslap

Im gonna have to deny being a Kiwi myself...except people may guess cos Im a Bsatard too:rambo:

Stop gloating about that bike of yours Dean...and get back to work!:ban:

Kiwi_M5
04-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by scott2ride
Gee I'm not even an Aussie and I already hate you bastard Kiwis ! :bond: :bond: :bitchslap

Im gonna have to deny being a Kiwi myself...except people may guess cos Im a Bsatard too:rambo:

Stop gloating about that bike of yours Dean...and get back to work!:ban:

haha .. serves you right for dobbing me in for the clutch fluid :D

Its 2-3 friggin degrees in Chch today .. I cant work in conditions that have the local girlies still wearing skimpy summer stuff but the weather bringing out there better attributes :D :D :D

scott2ride
04-06-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Kiwi_M5
haha .. serves you right for dobbing me in for the clutch fluid :D

Its 2-3 friggin degrees in Chch today .. I cant work in conditions that have the local girlies still wearing skimpy summer stuff but the weather bringing out there better attributes :D :D :D

Nipply weather eh!

And I should appologise for telling everyone that you filled your bike with clutch fluid instead of engine oil. I wont tell another soul. And Im sure they have all forgotten about it anyway. So I wont remind then.

Farken stupid though eh!:D :D :D