PDA

View Full Version : Competition Werkes - FlyBy FINALLY!!!

illtal
07-28-2011, 12:56 PM
‪2010 Aprilia RSV4R Competition Werkes Fly By with fly by.‬‏ - YouTube

Enjoy

norcolmille
07-28-2011, 01:13 PM
the "no funking where Georgia"

and hearing your bike and a man who appreciates it

Now I wonder how many bugs were eaten / on the fairing / windshield at 125+

Rspec99
07-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Sounds pretty good. Is that with the baffle in or out?

zgriders
07-28-2011, 03:16 PM
almost sounds like a Motogp bike! :plus:

tasosm
07-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Sounds pretty good. Is that with the baffle in or out?
It's without the baffle.

illtal
07-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Yes the baffle is not in, I never put it in due to the fact that the exhaust valve is closed during most partial throttle driving situations.

illtal
07-28-2011, 03:42 PM
the "no funking where Georgia"

and hearing your bike and a man who appreciates it

Now I wonder how many bugs were eaten / on the fairing / windshield at 125+

Many bugs saw a hasty death that monday evening

Top speed was a registered 147 mph

nice collection of bikes in your photo norcolmille

bstar360
07-28-2011, 05:32 PM
I don't go anywhere on the bike without leathers on.
Even more so at those speeds.
That's gonna be a lot of bark off if it all goes wrong.

illtal
07-28-2011, 05:48 PM
I don't go anywhere on the bike without leathers on.
Even more so at those speeds.
That's gonna be a lot of bark off if it all goes wrong.

at that speed, you're not going survive me no thinks with trees surrounding the area.

secondly, are you insane? this is GA, temps that was was 99 degrees f with 94% humidity... I while i was film the intro i was sweating profusely. I wouldn't mind having a mesh jacket but I destroyed my mesh jacket in a crash so I don't have a new one YET... My leather jacket does not flow at ALL I guess I should put bigger holes it it :gunner:

swingkat420
07-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Pretty cool sounding!

Looks pretty desolate, and pretty straight, so ok to go "pretty fast." Just as long as no wildlife decides to cross the road.

Ride Safe.

desmolvr
07-28-2011, 06:22 PM
After watching moto gp bikes all weekend at Laguna Seca that is almost exactly what they sound like. Now I am back wanting one thanks a lot:D

What does it sound like with the db killer in?

illtal
07-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Pretty cool sounding!

Looks pretty desolate, and pretty straight, so ok to go "pretty fast." Just as long as no wildlife decides to cross the road.

Ride Safe.

I've been riding these roads since I was 12... that's Legit 12 years old using a tractor riding up and down this very same road. I know EVERYONE that lives there, and in this particular stretch about 1.24 miles, there is not 1 house.

With all the noise I'm sure I scared all the wildlife back deep deep into the woods lolololol :lol:

buckmaster
07-28-2011, 06:31 PM
I like it but its got nothing on the austin gp2 ...

mirkvid
07-28-2011, 06:33 PM
wow, the sound quality on your video is great! Much better than anything else I've heard. Must have a nice camera. (Bike sounds good too)

illtal
07-28-2011, 06:33 PM
After watching moto gp bikes all weekend at Laguna Seca that is almost exactly what they sound like. Now I am back wanting one thanks a lot:D

What does it sound like with the db killer in?

I have no clue, the db killer has NEVER been in this bike, because I didn't think it was loud. it is retained with 3 allen type screws. tiny little shits... need a t handle to remove them. I don't have one of that size. YET.

illtal
07-28-2011, 06:34 PM
wow, the sound quality on your video is great! Much better than anything else I've heard. Must have a nice camera. (Bike sounds good too)

OH YEA... I shot it with a 32GB blackberry playbook in 1080P.. awesome buy

buckmaster
07-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Definately sounds sweet . The audio was great ...

illtal
07-28-2011, 10:17 PM
I like it but its got nothing on the austin gp2 ...

I don't like the gp2's sound... too raspy

bstar360
07-29-2011, 12:13 AM
at that speed, you're not going survive me no thinks with trees surrounding the area.

secondly, are you insane? this is GA, temps that was was 99 degrees f with 94% humidity... I while i was film the intro i was sweating profusely. I wouldn't mind having a mesh jacket but I destroyed my mesh jacket in a crash so I don't have a new one YET... My leather jacket does not flow at ALL I guess I should put bigger holes it it :gunner:

That says it all

illtal
07-29-2011, 12:16 AM
more holes more flow ha ha ha :gunner::)

dont take my ribbing seriously you seriously dont think that i know that i'm in some danger doing that? thanx dad!!!:lame::chillpill

bstar360
07-29-2011, 12:21 AM
more holes more flow ha ha ha :gunner::)

dont take my ribbing seriously you seriously dont think that i know that i'm in some danger doing that? thanx dad!!!:lame::chillpill

Okay Son. LOL

Satansfist
07-29-2011, 12:29 AM
That sounds sweet! Honestly, MotoGP sweet...

Do you hold your throttle open when you change up gears? There's an upswing in the revs everytime you go up one and the clutch comes in.

You sound just like Nicky Hayden BTW! :lol:

illtal
07-29-2011, 12:43 AM
bstar for reals... any crash no matter the speed is potentially fatal. thats all part of being a motorcycle owner. people die at tracks every year just like people die on the streets. thats the only point i was tryingto make, but thats all man . ride hard or dont ride at all

illtal
07-29-2011, 12:47 AM
That sounds sweet! Honestly, MotoGP sweet...

Do you hold your throttle open when you change up gears? There's an upswing in the revs everytime you go up one and the clutch comes in.

You sound just like Nicky Hayden BTW! :lol:

na i dont hold it open it's just timing- instead of clutch and throttle release simultaneously i merely allow a little throttle as i clutch in and then release while upshifting.

i ride the other way about 90% ofthe time because its smoother.

yea we are kuntree i must concur, but he's big time i'm so not!!!

bstar360
07-29-2011, 01:03 AM
No problem illtal

Chris_Mag
07-29-2011, 01:10 AM
That thing sounds brutal... very MotoGP.

buckmaster
07-29-2011, 10:56 AM
illtal , bring your bike to barber in sept for trackdays we will be there the 17th & 18th

jgos929
07-29-2011, 11:05 AM
I don't like the gp2's sound... too raspy

Which is why yours sounds nothing like a MotoGP bike. Take the CW off and then it will sound MotoGP. MotoGP bikes have that through the hull exhaust sound you find on a boat. Real raspy and gargly.

Yours sounds good but I like my Leo better.

colacin
07-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Great vid man - wish I had some 'no fucking where' like that where I live... but i I gotta agree with jgos in that I like the Leo FS better (but it's not far off)- especially with a quickshifter. #@$ing awesome to hear.

illtal
07-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Which is why yours sounds nothing like a MotoGP bike. Take the CW off and then it will sound MotoGP. MotoGP bikes have that through the hull exhaust sound you find on a boat. Real raspy and gargly.

Yours sounds good but I like my Leo better.

You can scroll through all the comments you'll never hear me make a comment about it sounding like a motogp bike or exhaust, I've never heard one, or been to a motogp race!:crowbar:

It's all personal preference, sounds are all similar anyhow. Same engine!

thanx for the comments

illtal
07-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Great vid man - wish I had some 'no fucking where' like that where I live... but i I gotta agree with jgos in that I like the Leo FS better (but it's not far off)- especially with a quickshifter. #@$ing awesome to hear.

places like this are all around here man, it's VERY easy to find roads where you can flog it here. Bad thing is you want to be loud enough to scare off wildlife, because they have a nasty habit of hanging out in roads whenever i'm in my car but I NEVER see deer or anything in the roads when I'm on one of my two bikes. My R6 is much louder than the RSV4 as well.

illtal
07-29-2011, 11:29 AM
illtal , bring your bike to barber in sept for trackdays we will be there the 17th & 18th

I might - I have to see what's going on. I've never been to a trackday on a bike, if I do come I'll have to at least get better springs out front and on the back because as you can see, I'm not small. The forks are overworked for me on the street, but in one of these threads someone said they work ok on the track. Dunno ... PM me if you can come down to the GA mountains, We sometimes get up into Tenn as well.

buckmaster
07-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Your right . Its all what you like . I dont do anything to try to impress anyone

Barber is a riot .. been there many times

illtal
07-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Your right . Its all what you like . I dont do anything to try to impress anyone

Barber is a riot .. been there many times

pm sent...

jgos929
07-29-2011, 11:56 AM
You can scroll through all the comments you'll never hear me make a comment about it sounding like a motogp bike or exhaust, I've never heard one, or been to a motogp race!:crowbar:

It's all personal preference, sounds are all similar anyhow. Same engine!

thanx for the comments

I wasn't saying you said that. Others are saying it does. Either way it sounds good. Videos never really do it justice anyways.

illtal
07-29-2011, 12:02 PM
I wasn't saying you said that. Others are saying it does. Either way it sounds good. Videos never really do it justice anyways.thanx

MarkyPancake
07-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Yes the baffle is not in, I never put it in due to the fact that the exhaust valve is closed during most partial throttle driving situations.

2011 bike/map then. I've been thinking about removing the baffle from my AR since having the 2011 map installed on my 2010. I'm getting used to the sound of it now and it's still quite loud, I'm not really a fan of loud exhausts but make an exception with the sound of the V4, but it sounded nicer at low revs when the valve was always open with the old map.

illtal
07-29-2011, 01:01 PM
2011 bike/map then. I've been thinking about removing the baffle from my AR since having the 2011 map installed on my 2010. I'm getting used to the sound of it now and it's still quite loud, I'm not really a fan of loud exhausts but make an exception with the sound of the V4, but it sounded nicer at low revs when the valve was always open with the old map.
Sorry, I misdpoke in the video, the bike is a 2010 the map is a 2011 race map. The valve to me seems load dependent. Seems to me like when I'm not using a lot of throttle at certain rpms and speeds the exhaust note is much louder than expected. The final result is that I'm happy with it.

malli
08-10-2011, 10:15 PM
‪2010 Aprilia RSV4R Competition Werkes Fly By with fly by.‬‏ - YouTube

Enjoy

:worship: that sounds amazing! much better than any other can/system i've heard on a street RSV4. well done illtal!

illtal
08-10-2011, 10:17 PM
:worship: that sounds amazing! much better than any other can/system i've heard on a street RSV4. well done illtal!

thanx man

DuctTape
08-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Nothing like a great paved deserted road and a Playbook. Thanks for sharing!

illtal
08-10-2011, 10:48 PM
The playbook IS awesome... I particularly like the way it sits perfectly in trees!!!

thanx for the comments

working on getting the pirelli diablo rosso corsas and my chain kit on 15/42

chrisc6
08-27-2011, 09:34 PM
The exhaust sounds wicked. Im currently trying to sell my bike, no time to ride. If i dont thats the exhaust I'm putting on my bike, with the 201 race map. Great video.

duc73
08-27-2011, 10:00 PM
nice video ! I was just up at blood mountain , broke in my rsv4.

illtal
08-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Thanx guys, there are other vids up on my channel, dyno run etc...
Gotta put up my fork work as well.

bennice
08-28-2011, 10:37 AM
That sounds nasty good man. Nice job!

I've been to GA when it was that hot, and it was almost unbearable to be outside. As soon as I opened the door to go outside the sweat started pouring off.

illtal
08-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Thanx man. GA is hot. 98 degrees today. My trip to the dragon is squashed my friends gf's engine decided to drop a rod.

Micke65
08-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Sounds Pure Evil :)

swannie007
08-30-2011, 02:52 AM
Illtal, That sounds wicked man! I have a Werkes pipe on my Tuono V4 and it is just awesome! I first rode it with the baffle in but felt that it choked the bike at low RPM coming out of turns. Yesterday I took the baffle out and went for a ride on some back roads near my house. What a difference. Now it just jumps out of slow turns. The sound is indescribable, especially when you change up with the quick shifter! Just like a Moto GP bike, in my opinion. The popping and banging on the overrun is also awesome. Gives me wood!
I know that this isn't for everyone so please don't post about what you don't like about the Werkes pipe, quite frankly, I don't give a shit if YOU don't like it, I do, and it's my bike!
Thanks for the video, it helped me make my decision to buy a Werkes pipe. Cheers.

illtal
08-30-2011, 07:45 AM
Illtal, That sounds wicked man! I have a Werkes pipe on my Tuono V4 and it is just awesome! I first rode it with the baffle in but felt that it choked the bike at low RPM coming out of turns. Yesterday I took the baffle out and went for a ride on some back roads near my house. What a difference. Now it just jumps out of slow turns. The sound is indescribable, especially when you change up with the quick shifter! Just like a Moto GP bike, in my opinion. The popping and banging on the overrun is also awesome. Gives me wood!
I know that this isn't for everyone so please don't post about what you don't like about the Werkes pipe, quite frankly, I don't give a shit if YOU don't like it, I do, and it's my bike!
Thanks for the video, it helped me make my decision to buy a Werkes pipe. Cheers.

Thanks swannie- it is a matter of preference. Its a nice pipe, with a nice length not too loud
Either. Glad you like it.

super8neon
08-30-2011, 09:44 AM
Sounds Good... but any V4 is going to sound wicked with a "hollow" pipe on it.

I was so hoping a bear would have walked up and snatched the camera.

"GA is hot. 98 degrees today."

It's been over 100 degrees in Dallas, Texas for how many straight days now???

Heat is absolutely no excuse to not wear leathers... you're out riding 147mph in the wilderness... forget the bugs... what if Bambi jumped out in front of your bike???

Thanks for sharing the video... now go buy some Leathers.

The belief I live by, "I'd rather sweat than bleed."

I'll get off my soap box now.

illtal
08-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Sounds Good... but any V4 is going to sound wicked with a "hollow" pipe on it.

I was so hoping a bear would have walked up and snatched the camera.

"GA is hot. 98 degrees today."

It's been over 100 degrees in Dallas, Texas for how many straight days now???

Heat is absolutely no excuse to not wear leathers... you're out riding 147mph in the wilderness... forget the bugs... what if Bambi jumped out in front of your bike???

Thanks for sharing the video... now go buy some Leathers.

The belief I live by, "I'd rather sweat than bleed."

I'll get off my soap box now.

Thanx, for all of the comments. :)

Now there are no bears here ... that i know of!
That particular day it was 102 here before I got out there. I checked my weather.com app when I got there I know the humidity was way up too.
I lost 3 lbs shooting that vid, took me about 45 mins. Anyhow, bambi doesn't jump out in front of bikes, for some odd reason DOGS DO!!! Seemingly bambi likes cars a whole lot more, I think the noise is much louder hence I have yet to see bambi on any of these roads while riding. I've been riding here for about 11 years so I tend to believe I know what I'm talking about. But your right, in ANY riding situation leathers are better, I must concur.

I don't have any but I'll be buying some soon...
later neon!

Cajun Kid
09-10-2011, 01:06 AM
I think competition werkes owes you commision... Cause I am getting that! Sounds awesome.

swampdog225
09-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Just ordered my Competition Werkes Exhaust this weekend. Should be here tomorrow. Thanks for the post illtal.

The video was very helpful for me in making my decision. I was torn between the Graves and the Competition Werkes. After hearing this and the Graves in person, there really is no comparison as far as the sound is concerned.

Admittedly, the Graves has to be one of the most solidly built slipons that I've ever seen. All in all the stubby gives me the look that I like.

Once again, thanks for the informative post and most of all the video.

illtal
09-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Just ordered my Competition Werkes Exhaust this weekend. Should be here tomorrow. Thanks for the post illtal.

The video was very helpful for me in making my decision. I was torn between the Graves and the Competition Werkes. After hearing this and the Graves in person, there really is no comparison as far as the sound is concerned.

Admittedly, the Graves has to be one of the most solidly built slipons that I've ever seen. All in all the stubby gives me the look that I like.

Once again, thanks for the informative post and most of all the video.

Thanks for all of the comments glad I could help.

TMTerror
09-12-2011, 12:38 PM
places like this are all around here man, it's VERY easy to find roads where you can flog it here. Bad thing is you want to be loud enough to scare off wildlife, because they have a nasty habit of hanging out in roads whenever i'm in my car but I NEVER see deer or anything in the roads when I'm on one of my two bikes. My R6 is much louder than the RSV4 as well.

Not here...seems like bike seems to attract all the retarded deer here. I won't go that fast on the back roads here in Oregon anymore, I have had waaaaaaaaaay too many deer jump out on me.

illtal
09-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Maybe oregen deer haven't been eaten enough to stay away from the roads!

TMTerror
09-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Oh, is that it?:crowbar:

Yellaghost
09-14-2011, 11:47 PM
That sounds wicked! Damn it! now I have to work another job to get myself a pipe!

swampdog225
09-15-2011, 12:11 PM
OK, I got the pipe installed and the race map installed. I'm loving it.

Yellaghost
09-15-2011, 12:18 PM
OK, I got the pipe installed and the race map installed. I'm loving it.

How noticeable is the sound & dB? I like the melody but not too thrill about the loudness of it if is that much overbearing...boderline vulgarity?!
p.s. I have to admit it's addictive:)

swampdog225
09-15-2011, 12:49 PM
How noticeable is the sound & dB? I like the melody but not too thrill about the loudness of it if is that much overbearing...boderline vulgarity?!
p.s. I have to admit it's addictive:)
The sound is definitely noticeable. I'm not saying that it is obnoxious or anything like that. Its louder in a good way. It reminds of the staccato & tenor of the V4 that made your buy the bike in the 1st place.

In comparison to the sound of the Desmosedici RR's ear canal blaster of sound, it's docile.

The reason why I bring this up is, I was at my local dealer here in San Diego, and the owner had his Desmosedici RR, there with the street legal pipe on it. I started them both up and while the new pipe sounds great, it still ton's quieter than that thing.

And yes it is addictive.

FYI, if you get the pipe, a race map, IMHO, is a must. I put it on without the map and started it and immediately turned it off. I got scared, because, I got popping anytime I got on or off the gas while revving the engine.

illtal
09-15-2011, 02:48 PM
It "werkes"

Yellaghost
09-15-2011, 06:16 PM
The sound is definitely noticeable. I'm not saying that it is obnoxious or anything like that. Its louder in a good way. It reminds of the staccato & tenor of the V4 that made your buy the bike in the 1st place.

In comparison to the sound of the Desmosedici RR's ear canal blaster of sound, it's docile.

The reason why I bring this up is, I was at my local dealer here in San Diego, and the owner had his Desmosedici RR, there with the street legal pipe on it. I started them both up and while the new pipe sounds great, it still ton's quieter than that thing.

And yes it is addictive.

FYI, if you get the pipe, a race map, IMHO, is a must. I put it on without the map and started it and immediately turned it off. I got scared, because, I got popping anytime I got on or off the gas while revving the engine.

Sweet! I can see the money getting drained out of my bank account and the gf whine and cheese about this Werkes for months:)

illtal
09-15-2011, 06:58 PM

And yes it is addictive.

It still pops on decel if u don't have the block off plates. There is several lean spots in the powerband that can potentially destroy your engine. I have the dB killer haven't used it will NEVER use it because the exhaust note is quiet on partial throttle.

The bike had balls before but now it has donkey balls!!!!!