PDA

View Full Version : They handle better with air in the tires!

klowry
07-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Had an interesting experience yesterday up on Idyllwild mountain road.
Coming down the mountain the RSV4 Factory started handling a bit werid.
It did not want to turn into the corners and wanted to push straight.
After I had to slow for traffic to 35mph, it became a real handfull even in a straight line. I am not sure what I hit but here are the pictures of the cut on the edge of the rear Q2. It is not exactly round anymore! Fortunately I only had to ride it about five more miles down to the nearest ranger station and a friend came and loaded me up in his truck!

jsin38
07-16-2011, 12:00 PM
You are a lucky, lucky man. Well done keeping it upright and safe.

BTW, how do you like the Graves pipe?

Phunky Phish
07-16-2011, 12:53 PM
The NTECs are meant to be real stiff and capable of running on real low preasures. Do you think this helped you?

klowry
07-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Love the Graves, deep sound not quite as raspy as the Austin I had but still sounds awesome. I like the quality way Chuck Graves did the mounting and I have not seen another RSV4 with one on it here in So Cal

klowry
07-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Phunky, they were not ntec they were Q2's and no it did not help. Dunlops stiff sidewalls helped keep the rim off the black top so there was no damage to the rim.I guess I'll show you how lucky I was. I did a little run on a long straight before getting the mountain road.

zgriders
07-16-2011, 03:47 PM
You are a lucky, lucky man. Well done keeping it upright and safe.

:plus::plus::plus:

fastmike
07-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Dang Karl! Good job. Lucky you weren't at the top section of the hill pushing it, that coulda hurt. I actually didn't think you need air in the tires to go fast anyhow. HAHA.

illtal
07-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Wow... Looks like you needed new Tires anyhow!!! Post up a sound clip of that one please... I am getting my stuff together for my fly by this weekend.

Akara1
07-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Lucky indeed. Glad you were able to keep it upright. Same thing happened to me a few years back at California Speedway. High sided in turn 4, lucky for me it didn't let go on the banking.

fastmike
07-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Wow... Looks like you needed new Tires anyhow!!! Post up a sound clip of that one please... I am getting my stuff together for my fly by this weekend.

Those tires have a ton of life left in them, don't know what you are seeing. Maybe that is why you are buying tires so frequently?

illtal
07-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Those tires have a ton of life left in them, don't know what you are seeing. Maybe that is why you are buying tires so frequently?

lot of life? are u not showing wear bars? i still have stock tires and i am very hard on them.

illtal
07-18-2011, 09:19 PM
i havent bought tires since last year. had 11k on the set i removed before i went with q2s on my r6. the k3s on the bike are stock i do not plan on seeing 3k miles.