PDA

View Full Version : Front tyre problems

dave.b
04-03-2004, 06:00 AM
Has anyone had problems with front tyres on the Factory?
I was on the track on Tuesday and while coming out of a left hand bend (Devil's Elbow at Mallory Park) my front tyre blew!
How I stayed on I don't know!
I have been running with Super-Corsa's and seemed to have no probs until then.
The only other mishap was Christmas eve, I hit a pheasant at 110 mph! It went through the front right side of the fairing which took out the right light and Air runner & fuse cover and various other bits! They found the birds head 2 weeks later....ugh!
That one cost me 1100. (I was not happy)

I have done 1200 miles, had the flappa done, evo air-box, full Akropovic system, renthal 15" & 42" sprockets, MotoGP decals, Race Map activated & evo slave on the way. Still waiting for Power Commander to come out.
On it's way (I hope) I have a full Carbon Fibre kit including fuel tank.
This bike is mad, on full power it will thump the front up with no problem, yet it can be mild mannered as well.:D

Thunder Factory
04-03-2004, 06:26 AM
Dave

Glad to here you stayed on at least, although I bet it was a case of clean underwear when you got back to the paddock.

Was this a case of the tyre simply blowing out, or do you think it was damaged in some way?

On the Powercommander front, have you got a deal on one as yet? If not I have a group thing sorted for the first batch at 217 including vat and delivery in the UK.

Cheers

dave.b
04-03-2004, 06:45 AM
Yep, pants(strides or grunts or underwear pending on where you are from) went right in to the washing machine and had to de-scale my leathers....doh!
Would be very interested in the Power Commander if that is how much it cost's and no hidden charges ha ha! sent you an email.

Thunder Factory
04-03-2004, 08:32 AM
Dave

Nothin hidden, full details in my reply to your mail.

:banana:

bidmiester
04-03-2004, 11:02 AM
HI DAVE,
I AM IN LICHFIELD, NOT A MILLION MILES FROM YOU. YOUR BIKE SOUNDS INTERESTING ANY CHANCE OF POSTING A PIC I AM INTERESTED TO SEE WHAT YOUR DECALS LOOK LIKE. YOU CAN EMAIL ME ON
dave.biddle@ntlworld.com
CHEERS MATE