PDA

View Full Version : Trouble shooting

virgilreed
07-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Hi, just purchased a 2007 RSVR 1000 that had previously been dropped, damage is minimal requiring panel replacement on right side.
My issue is with the bike not wanting to start , it wings but will not fire for some reason. I have called the dealership for info and visited a few forums without success. I questioned the tilt switch but from what i have learnt on the forum , once activated it will not swing, so that rules that possibility out.
I have also noticed the engine light on but because it has never started for me cannot verify if it will switch -off.
I would like to know if after you turn the key, should one hear the pump humming because i do not hear it .
Would appreciate any information right now ,......
Thank you .

Bulletbob
07-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Hi, just purchased a 2007 RSVR 1000 that had previously been dropped, damage is minimal requiring panel replacement on right side.
My issue is with the bike not wanting to start , it wings but will not fire for some reason. I have called the dealership for info and visited a few forums without success. I questioned the tilt switch but from what i have learnt on the forum , once activated it will not swing, so that rules that possibility out.
I have also noticed the engine light on but because it has never started for me cannot verify if it will switch -off.
I would like to know if after you turn the key, should one hear the pump humming because i do not hear it .
Would appreciate any information right now ,......
Thank you .

Look at this link.....

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229826

Probably not the ECU as it is extremely rare but you are seeing the same thing I did on my bike.
Check the fuses and connections under the seat. I have seen the electrical connector for the pump come unplugged under the seat. It is a 4 wire white plug on the left side of the opening under the seat.

Mille Racer 69
07-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Once switching the key to the on position you should hear the fuel pump prime for about 1 or 2 seconds.

virgilreed
07-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Hi
Thank you for your support, i eventually , after trying everything else ,discovered that the filter inside the tank had somehow after the crash come loose.
I needed to crimp the fittings after replacing ,to ensure it remains on , i also found that the tank would inflate while the fittings where loose. I am not too sure if these two issues are related but it is no long happening as before?
Thank you again