PDA

View Full Version : Axone Mapping - Whats The Problems ?

axone 04
04-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Just curious what the big problems with the new maps for the 04 RSVR's and the Axone is........

I have it in my own personal Axone, updated it, modified it, hacked it and uploaded it and it runs like a dream.

I don't get why others cant get theirs sorted out and mapped.

A04

clarkie49
04-02-2004, 12:05 AM
tell me more about you hacking your own Axone :confused:

not sure what you mean, if you have the can protocol cool, otherwise you have the Aprilia passwords to change the read only settings which would also be cool.

are you sure you didnt just photoshop yourself an Axone :D

just kidding, sounds like you have valuable info, are you a dealer somewhere?

Dvus
04-02-2004, 12:51 AM
:happy: :happy: :rolleyes: ;) :eek:0401

axone 04
04-02-2004, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by clarkie49
tell me more about you hacking your own Axone :confused:

not sure what you mean, if you have the can protocol cool, otherwise you have the Aprilia passwords to change the read only settings which would also be cool.

are you sure you didnt just photoshop yourself an Axone :D

just kidding, sounds like you have valuable info, are you a dealer somewhere?

Well when I say hacked the axone.... its more a case of actually sitting down and learning how to use it properly and not to just plug it in, upload a map, and unplug it. There is so much more the Axone has to offer...... and also that I have the current Map 4 on my Axone already which as ive heard on several grapevines many people are scared of upgrading their Axone through fears of ballsing it up mid-upload..... I had no problems and have been toying with Map 4 for several days now.

BTW.... map 4 doth rock :rambo:

Thunder Factory
04-02-2004, 01:41 AM
Could the date you made your original announcement be significant I wonder?:D

Dvus
04-02-2004, 01:49 AM
Could be his screen name too:confused:

zx6racer
04-02-2004, 09:18 AM
Nice pipes :D Map4 :WTF:

clarkie49
04-02-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by axone 04
Well when I say hacked the axone.... its more a case of actually sitting down and learning how to use it properly and not to just plug it in, upload a map, and unplug it. There is so much more the Axone has to offer...... and also that I have the current Map 4 on my Axone already which as ive heard on several grapevines many people are scared of upgrading their Axone through fears of ballsing it up mid-upload..... I had no problems and have been toying with Map 4 for several days now.

BTW.... map 4 doth rock :rambo:

gee, there is no map 4 :rolleyes:

there is the new axone 5.2 version but (at least here in the US) Aprilia have not released any 'improved' maps.

it took 3 years with the futura before Aprilia got to map 5

Uli
04-02-2004, 10:56 AM
In Germany there are updates for Map1 and Map2 available from aprilia.
I have already the new Map1 flashed it's a big difference in the lower rpm!

Ciao
Uli

Befbever
04-02-2004, 12:37 PM
Hex number 040104...

Slopie
04-02-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Thunder Factory
Could the date you made your original announcement be significant I wonder?:D

Definitely date related.

regards

Slopie

clarkie49
04-03-2004, 08:49 AM
ok, i admit it

i am the most gullible person you will ever meet, call it blind faith.

but on the flip side, i got an extra 6 hp on a 2004 RSV-R with the pciii-usb :banana:

bike was Hardcharger's and has the Milleman exhaust and airkit :rambo:

http://apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=213395#post213395

mille-ryan
04-03-2004, 09:08 AM
:D :D :D :D Clarkie got dooped, doh . Ya went hook line and sinker for that one man, lol. :happy:

clarkie49
04-03-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by mille-ryan
:D :D :D :D Clarkie got dooped, doh . Ya went hook line and sinker for that one man, lol. :happy:

:D must be all those exhaust fumes :D

axone 04
04-15-2004, 10:50 PM
Been away for a little while, noticed Clarkie has been copping some unfair shit over this thread.......

Theres no April 1st issues here, and the fact of the matter is, the map I was talking about (getting the numbers mixed up between 2004 Mille and Map 3), is the Axone update 5.02 (or Map 3) which has a new map that irons out the idle and low speed running problems. Makes the bike very sweet down low and its an update in the axone's that very few axone-owners seem to know about, or know how to update properly.

And on that note, I heard a rumor that Slopie has said Map 3 in his beast and its running like a charm..... amongst several other Sydney (Aus) 04 owners already.

Thats just whats been heard on the grapevine mind you.

Slopie ??????

clarkie49
04-15-2004, 11:11 PM
i have seen the service buletin for the 5.0.2 but the new map is only for euro spec bikes (and aussie too) at this stage.

doesnt mean it wont work for the US bikes but its not official yet, the bulletin is also for specific VIN numbers :D

the new map should help 2000 and 3000 r.p.m, blah, blah, blah

then there is all this technical crap and something about CO settings and setting the cylinder stagger differently......

......and then i just installed another powercommander :cool:

oh yeah, we hit 140hp on pump gas on the race bike and we have only mapped to 8500rpm :rambo:

look out 150hp!!!

CCEMN1
04-16-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by axone 04
Just curious what the big problems with the new maps for the 04 RSVR's and the Axone is........

I have it in my own personal Axone, updated it, modified it, hacked it and uploaded it and it runs like a dream.

I don't get why others cant get theirs sorted out and mapped.

A04

More Info Please! I'm very interested! AND, I'm not a Fed, or connected with Aprilia in any way!
CC

Old Fart
04-16-2004, 04:00 PM
Aaron
I think you are the only one who can answer this. I am having my dealer change my bike to map 2 and they have the 5.0.2 version in their Axone. The mech is telling me he will also need to adjust the CO. I will be adding a PC once they become available again, so do I really want him playing with the air screws? Or should I just tell him to only down load map 2? I have Mille-mans exhuast and air box kits. THANKS

NoNick
04-16-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Old Fart
Aaron
I think you are the only one who can answer this. I am having my dealer change my bike to map 2 and they have the 5.0.2 version in their Axone. The mech is telling me he will also need to adjust the CO. I will be adding a PC once they become available again, so do I really want him playing with the air screws? Or should I just tell him to only down load map 2? I have Mille-mans exhuast and air box kits. THANKS

Hi 'Old Fart' any change I've met you before in the virtual world of Star Trek Elite Force (been playing it for ages under the name ZoTeX in the clan CLF)?

Old Fart
04-16-2004, 08:57 PM
I have never been to the star trek virtual world, so I would have to say no. "Old Fart" seams to be a popular web name because most of the web sites I visit there already is someone using it.

NoNick
04-17-2004, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Old Fart
I have never been to the star trek virtual world, so I would have to say no. "Old Fart" seams to be a popular web name because most of the web sites I visit there already is someone using it.

Too bad !