PDA

View Full Version : Hey Clarkie

Italibikefreak
03-29-2004, 09:19 PM
I was just wondering do you remember how much HP the bike was putting out when you installed the TIGs. I was talking to Don at Scuderia and he says that a 04 with the TIG slipons made 1 less HP than a stock bike. I just wanted see what kind of numbers you got?:confused: Oh yeah he says he wanted to buy a power commander from you since he can't seem to get one.:D

sub-moa
03-29-2004, 10:59 PM
1 less.. wow.. Mine made 10 more when I put on the Tigs.. I think Dek even put my Eddy current Dyno numbers up on his Tig website..

Italibikefreak
03-30-2004, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by sub-moa
1 less.. wow.. Mine made 10 more when I put on the Tigs.. I think Dek even put my Eddy current Dyno numbers up on his Tig website..

Yeah I don't know that's what Scuderia West said. It kind of baffled me too. Well after I install my TIGs I'm gonna get them to dyno my bike and we'll see if he's telling the truth or not.:D

mille108
03-30-2004, 02:24 AM
Hmm just take a look at this.........:D

These are mine withmap 2 and 60mm Tigs and the other run is map 2 with stock pipes.

Case closed:D

clarkie49
03-30-2004, 09:57 AM
i think everyone else answered it for me,

the bike we sent out to Sport Rider made 136hp on a dynojet dyno, we never had the chance to try the tigs on a stock bike, but from what i have seen there are damm good gains to be had from the tigs.

don can get down on his knees and beg me for a powercommander :D

actually he emailed me about it some things are under way.

Aprilia94
03-30-2004, 11:51 AM
Did he have something else in stock other than Tigs? Have you ever been a salesman? Just wondering if he wanted or needed to sell what he had.

Italibikefreak
03-30-2004, 01:03 PM
he actually said that he didn't care what I bought, but he was raving about the Akrapovics on his race bike. I can't see paying 1800 for a set of pipes.:(

clarkie49
03-30-2004, 01:08 PM
a full system will ALWAYS make more power than any set of slip-ons.

maybe that is what he is trying to tell you.

for the current avaliable full systems i would go with the Arrow, i have both a Arrow and a Aprilia/Akra system here and i like th Arrow better.

it has the removable end baffle and is also $200 cheaper than the Aprilia system.

now if the Tigcraft full system was avaliable that would be the cream of the crop, regardsless of the price :banana:

Befbever
03-30-2004, 01:58 PM
a full system will ALWAYS make more power than any set of slip-ons.

If it's from the same manufacturer that is..

clarkie49
03-30-2004, 02:13 PM
zactly! :D

zx6racer
03-30-2004, 08:38 PM
What do you like about the Arrow ? What dont you like about the Akrapovic ? Is it the same as the Akrapovic/Aprilia system ? the Akrapovic system my dealer got me was the wrong one it was for an 03 not an 04 so now I looking for a new system for my bike I always had good luck with the Akrapovic systems now I dont know what I want :confused: :bond:

clarkie49
03-31-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by zx6racer
What do you like about the Arrow ? What dont you like about the Akrapovic ? Is it the same as the Akrapovic/Aprilia system ? the Akrapovic system my dealer got me was the wrong one it was for an 03 not an 04 so now I looking for a new system for my bike I always had good luck with the Akrapovic systems now I dont know what I want :confused: :bond:

should have asked me what exhaust system you need before you ordered it :D

i have always been a big fan of the Arrow systems as they have always looked after me with my racing, they have also produced good power and look awesome as well.

in 2003 the Arrow exhaust system was a little over priced in my opinion as they were selling for around $1900, and the Aprilia/Akra system was around $1500.

people keep asking what the difference is between the 2002-2003 Aprilia/Akra system and the LP system, well for a start the Aprilia/Akra system comes with the best chip going for any Aprilia system, and a chain slider and some extra brackets that the LP system doesnt.

for 2004 the Arrow system is priced at around $1686 and includes the removable end cap baffles and is a sweet looking system. teh Aprilia/Akra system is around $1850 and is still a sweet system but doesnt have the removable end caps.

the other big difference is that the spare parts for the Aprilia/Akra system are hard to get and cost too much where as the Arrow stuff is always in stock and you can get it pretty easily.

to be honest my first choice would be the Tigcraft full system but i have not seen one yet....hint....hint :D

as you are learning zx6Racer, sometimes the LP Privateer system doesnt work as well as it should :D

i have an Arrow system that is going on one of our own bikes if you want to come up and check it out, i also have the 2004 Aprilia/Akra system you can check out to compare.

zx6racer
03-31-2004, 12:57 PM
Thanks :D I will be up soon to see you and your right about LP they are going under but they took the system back :D they told me the right one will be coming out soon :rolleyes: I got my money back and now Im back to the stock system so now I need something that makes good power and sound