PDA

View Full Version : loooking at a TreK

Falko
05-16-2011, 11:52 AM
anyone have some insight on the Tre K or Benelli in general for reliability or maintenance? I was looking at a Tre K and really like the bike, but a little concerned for upkeep and how long she'd last, etc.

jrflanne
05-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Parts? Do they even import them anymore? Do you have a dealer around? I would have to think real long and hard about a newish Benelli. It's not as if they are ever going to be a collectors item or anything.

SF2DieHard
05-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Very good point about the parts. When I bought my 1999 Laverda in 2000 it was MUCH easier to get parts for the vintage Laverda's than the (then) new Laverda's.

DungeonMaster

SoulDaddy
05-17-2011, 11:26 AM
Have you taken a visit to any Benelli forums?

Falko
05-17-2011, 11:52 AM
yes, but I was hoping to get somewhat more unbiased opinions. you could ask most bike owners what they thought of their bike while it is on fire, rusting, dropping parts, or in pieces at the shop and they'll tell you it's the best bike.
I really like the new Multi but it has too many gadgets for my taste. I ran across a Tre K and it fit similarly and was overall a nice feeling bike. A quick search for dealers brought up very little though. Guess I'll keep looking.

zvez
05-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Benelli, in america at least is dead, the importer is out of business (I called the number) so any warranty that comes with the bike won't be worth the paper it's written on. Still a lot of leftover 07s and 09s to be had but not worth the potential headache. But neat looking bikes.

The benelli forum is almost entirely euro based as ownership in the US is non existent.

If I were you I'd keep looking and stay far away from benelli.
Chris

SF2DieHard
05-17-2011, 11:46 PM
I do like to spout off things like "buy a Guzzi" but if you want a multi (and something Italian) you have very little to choose from.
MV Augusta? Bimota? Aprilia makes a V4. sigh.

DungeonMaster

davidherring
08-09-2011, 06:14 AM
Almost wrote the check on one about 2 yrs. back. Lucky for me I kept looking. I'm a huge fan too. I still long to have one. Tre-k, Amazonas, TNT doesn't matter. The passion shines through in the designs . Have a good August vacation Italy. Benelli please come back to U.S.A. someday.

banjaxxed
08-26-2011, 03:58 PM
talk of warranty on the frame, few bikes have cracks on front engine engine mount, read this in MCN a couple of weeks ago

ferret
08-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Better late than never ,Yep i had more issues than you could throw a stick at ,But as a riders machine it was fantastic when all was well .It sounded awesome ,was very fast and had bags of character .I love benellis but doubt very much that i would buy another .To put into a perspective ,i had a benelli 125 air cooled twin of 35 years old that was more reliable than the new one .In the uk IMHO there is only 1 dealer who knows what to do to keep a Benelli going .

RossGuzzi
08-16-2012, 09:29 AM
There is always Moto Morini ?

ABN2nds
09-04-2012, 12:53 PM
I loved the looks of these when they came out. Too bad there are no dealers, networks for them. I would love to have the TRE K, the triple is so sweet!

SF2DieHard
09-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Better late than never ,Yep i had more issues than you could throw a stick at ,But as a riders machine it was fantastic when all was well .It sounded awesome ,was very fast and had bags of character .I love benellis but doubt very much that i would buy another .To put into a perspective ,i had a benelli 125 air cooled twin of 35 years old that was more reliable than the new one .In the uk IMHO there is only 1 dealer who knows what to do to keep a Benelli going .

That was just about the same situation I had with my 1975 Laverda and the 1999 Laverda.
The older machine was a LOT easier to deal with (dealer and parts support)