PDA

View Full Version : How Many Aussies Are Here??

pnuske
03-29-2004, 05:38 PM
How many Aussie 04 riders do we have here? And where do we live? I live in Brisbane and just wanted some feedback on dealerships and the way they treat you.

Cheers.

:)

Slopie
03-30-2004, 04:50 AM
Hi pnuske

I am in Sydney and use Aitkens in Liverpool - Good guys and willing to help, should be more shops like them.

Regards

Slopie

quinno
04-15-2004, 12:48 PM
kk

quinno
04-15-2004, 12:51 PM
Hey Pnuske
I live in Brissy as well, got my RSVR from Springwood Suzuki
Good guys to deal with..

Johnny in Oz
04-15-2004, 09:44 PM
I'm also in Sydney and can give Aitken's the thumbs up.

They recently installed and finetuned map#2 for me (so far so good) and even fixed my rear brake so's it actually works. Very old fashioned service - they even let you watch as they work on your bike.

Cheers

John

quinno
04-16-2004, 07:44 AM
John

Do you know what they did to get your rear brake to work like it should, cause mine a bit on the lazy side too, may as well stick ya feet on the road as to us the rear brake

Cheers
Quinno

mike71
04-17-2004, 03:30 PM
Adelaide, found a few aprilias in Adelaide now :D

Z o l t a K
04-18-2004, 06:20 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm going to get an '04 RSVR (hopefully the factory) in the next few months. The guys down at "a1 motorcycles" in Brighton and Ringwood have always been really good. They gave me the demo '04 RSVR, sitting outside my office as I drool at it through the window right now! I picked it up Saturday morning and returning it today at lunch. Basically, that bike has been superglued to me for the last couple of days.

Just a quick question though, with the digital dash functions, does it have maximum speed stored? If so, how do I erase it before I take it back? ;)

Exdukenut
04-18-2004, 06:46 PM
Disconnect the battery terminal, is the only way I've been able to clear mine. However you could always tell them that it was the previous rider that did whatever speecd you've done and recordered.

Z o l t a K
04-18-2004, 06:48 PM
Exdukenut, thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure if there was such a function cause I haven't been able to display it. Do you know how to display the max speed? No manual :(

Exdukenut
04-18-2004, 06:53 PM
I'm not sure that the 04 has the same buttons fro the computer but you can go to the Tech tips section and if they have the same buttons as for the 03 and earlier Milles etc, press the R for more than 2 secs. Press B to see the Vmax.

Otherwise battery disconnect works fine. I just did the battery disconnect to get rid of my 268kph on my Falco, but that was to get my PCIII out to change maps, as I don't have a laptop to take to the shed.

Z o l t a K
04-18-2004, 06:59 PM
I'm pretty sure it doesn't have the same buttons as previous models, and the techtips aren't very extensive at this stage (only shows you how to reset service indicator). Thanks for your advice though. If there isn't a max speed on the stock '04 RSVR, I will probably be ok. :happy:

Johnny in Oz
04-18-2004, 07:14 PM
ZoltaK, it's really simple to re-set the max speed function. Christ I keep on doing it without even intending to. I don't have the manual at hand, but from memory you press either the + or - buttons so as to access the max speed function, then press either the + or - button to delete it.

Don't be scared to play around with it. For the life of me I can't re-set the service indicator no matter what I do!

John

Z o l t a K
04-18-2004, 07:17 PM
Cheers Johnny :) I have been a bit worried to play around with the dash too much, but not to ride the bike fast. hehe. I'll have a play with it now and let you know my findings. Thanks again.

*Edit* I take it the Factory and the stock have the same dash?

Johnny in Oz
04-18-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by quinno
Do you know what they did to get your rear brake to work like it should

The main problem was fixed with a good bleeding. I failed science at school, but I am realiably informed that air rises, so you need to take the caliper off and invert it so that the nipple is at the top.

Then remove the right fairing panel to get access to the rear brake fluid reservoir. You'll have to take the reservoir off the bracket to remove the lid, then screw the opened reservoir back on to the bracket and proceed to bleed the brake - we went thru 2 re-fills of the the reservoir.

He bled the slave too -just next to the reservoir

BTW it took 2 of us to do it - one to pump and hold as the other opened and closed the nipple.

The other thing he found was that the pads were "binding" slightly so he removed the pads and slightly ground the edges.

The whole thing took about 20 minutes. I'd put about an hour aside if I had to do it myself

Whether or not the rear brake now works "like it should" depends on who you ask, but at least it works enough to hold the bike stationary at lights and steadies the bike going down steep drives and maybe even trailing into corners.

Hope this helps.

John

mike71
04-19-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Z o l t a K

*Edit* I take it the Factory and the stock have the same dash?

Yes sir :)

good to see you thinking about the factory too!

unfortunately mine looked like crap this weekend, dressed in unpainted race glass :rolleyes:

Z o l t a K
04-19-2004, 08:12 PM
Hey Mike :)

How much did the glass set you back? I'd be getting a set of race farings for track. No way I'm gonna hurt the originals.

mike71
04-19-2004, 09:25 PM
some mob in QLD lol :rolleyes:

got em through my dealer, who has been extranice since i bought the factory :banana: :banana:

cost a grand cos I didn't have cash, he reckons they should retail in the store for $1200.

aparently from the same mob which did teh farings for the alumilite team :)

if you need i'll try and get more details...

Z o l t a K
04-19-2004, 11:03 PM
Cool thanks. When it comes time to get the bike, I'll try and price in the race farings too. Maybe could even get them from the same guys as you.

quinno
04-24-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Johnny in Oz
The main problem was fixed with a good bleeding. I failed science at school, but I am realiably informed that air rises, so you need to take the caliper off and invert it so that the nipple is at the top.

Then remove the right fairing panel to get access to the rear brake fluid reservoir. You'll have to take the reservoir off the bracket to remove the lid, then screw the opened reservoir back on to the bracket and proceed to bleed the brake - we went thru 2 re-fills of the the reservoir.

He bled the slave too -just next to the reservoir

BTW it took 2 of us to do it - one to pump and hold as the other opened and closed the nipple.

The other thing he found was that the pads were "binding" slightly so he removed the pads and slightly ground the edges.

The whole thing took about 20 minutes. I'd put about an hour aside if I had to do it myself

Whether or not the rear brake now works "like it should" depends on who you ask, but at least it works enough to hold the bike stationary at lights and steadies the bike going down steep drives and maybe even trailing into corners.

Hope this helps.

John

quinno
04-24-2004, 07:32 PM
Thanks, Johnny

I had a play with the rear brake on friday, and its working a lot better, still not brilliant

Cheers
Quinno

AdamT
04-25-2004, 11:37 PM
I am an Aussie from Melbourne on my second Aprilia an 04 Factory Erre!

Z o l t a K
04-25-2004, 11:41 PM
Welcome to the forums mate! Nice bike :) Just what I want to get next. Good to see more Melbournites around these parts. Enjoy!

blowout
04-26-2004, 03:10 AM
another one here in Qld - Sunshine Caost. What's with all u guys buying factories? lucky bastards! (mental note - I 've gotta get a better job).

mike71
04-26-2004, 07:44 AM
wicked adam!

i put mine on the homeloan :happy:

Fox
04-26-2004, 10:01 AM
Someone mention Aussies ?? :)

scott2ride
04-26-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Fox
Someone mention Aussies ?? :)

Those bleedin Aussies are breeding like flys.

Where tha hell did I put that can of Insect killer?:aussie: :bond: :banana:

RSV4ME
04-26-2004, 04:06 PM
You'll be needing more than that Scott, my little South Pacific Irishman. Don't make me bring up the $5 air box again.......:bitchslap

RSV4ME
04-26-2004, 05:18 PM
Hey Blowout,
I'm also on the coast with an 04 RSVR. I'm away for a couple of weeks, but we will have to hook up for a ride when I get home. I take it you got the bike from SunState, good bunch of guys. Actually, Anthony, the guy who sold me mine had his 04 for a couple of weeks, lent it to his mate for a zip to the shops and ended up getting written off! I felt so sorry for him when I was picking mine up, not that it lasted long....:angel:

Fox
04-27-2004, 02:49 AM
Just so you know I've started and Aussie section in the 'International Members Locator Forum' (again!).

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=236113#post236113

In case you want to discuss local stuff ..

blowout
04-27-2004, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by RSV4ME
Hey Blowout,
I'm also on the coast with an 04 RSVR. I'm away for a couple of weeks, but we will have to hook up for a ride when I get home. I take it you got the bike from SunState, good bunch of guys.
Definitely be in that, couple weeks should give me time to run it in and get used to it. Yeh, you're right about Sunstate too, guess that's why I've bought last 3 bikes from them - always given me a great deal and service. PM me when u get back and we'll hook up some time.

Slopie
04-28-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by quinno
Thanks, Johnny

I had a play with the rear brake on friday, and its working a lot better, still not brilliant

Cheers
Quinno

Hi Quinno

I bled mine the other day as follows

Remove caliper, unbolt RH side pipe and move aside, remove brake tube cover under swing arm, manuover caliper up next to the seat and tie with rope from ceiling, remove brake fluid lid and fill (you should not have to unbolt it), insert spanner unbetween pads so they dont pump out, pump brake pedal with left foot and bleed system, I went through atleast four full brake fluid changes,
Let sit for 30 minutes, tap line with plastic ruler, and do final bleed.

It may take longer however the brake line being vertical helps get rid of the air.

PS: my brakes are rock solid and seem to work better that when it was new.

It is still a bit anoying that we have to do this, anyway good luck.

regards

Slopie

:confused:

Johnny in Oz
04-28-2004, 06:50 PM
More effort, greater reward. I'll keep it in mind next time Slopie.:)

Same deal with the clutch. Carried out a 2x bleed of the reservoir and the clutch works way better in locating neutral.

BTW is it OK to re-use the brake fluid that goes thru the system in bleeding?

John

scott2ride
04-28-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Johnny in Oz
BTW is it OK to re-use the brake fluid that goes thru the system in bleeding?

I supose you could re-use the fluid if you were 100% certain there was absolutely no contaminants in it.

But I wouldn't.!!!

For the sake of $10-15 in fluid it is better to be safe than sorry. You dont want moisture contaminating the fluid and you run the risk of increased brake fade. In which case you'll end up doing it all again much sooner.

Johnny in Oz
04-28-2004, 11:08 PM
Point taken Scott. Thanks.

John