PDA

View Full Version : Questions about MAP(2)

99sh
03-28-2004, 07:24 PM
Just curious, when you get the aprilia titanium slipons does the dealer have a specific map for this? Lets say after you get the Evo airbox kit, is there another MAP the dealer has for the combination of the two mods?

Also whats the deal with MAP2? do the US(CA) versions have this option available? I'm guessing with the new MAP for the slipons+airbox MAP2 is useless?

mille-ryan
03-28-2004, 08:44 PM
Hmm kinda confused by yer question, but Ill give it a shot. First no the MAP is in yer bike and has to be switched over by someone who has an AXONE machine, most likely the dealer. Second the maps not useless, some bikes work better with MAP 2 in stock form than with MAP 1. Rumor is Aprilia is working on another Map, I sure hope so. I miss the day s of the good ole Factory pro chip :(

99sh
03-28-2004, 09:47 PM
OK, lemme rephrase the question. I'm assuming aprilia has the following maps:

MAP2- more aggressive tuning
MAPx- MAP used specifically for the Ti slipons

So when you take the bike to get remapped, which map do they program?

Merto
03-28-2004, 10:38 PM
The bike is already on Map 1 for the stock set up.

If you add aftermarket cans (ANY aftermarket cans), with or without airbox mods, you should have it switched to Map 2.

These are currently the only Aprillia Map options.

There is no map specifically for the Aprillia slip ons, only the generic Map 2. If you want a custom map for your particular set up, you will need to fit and set up a power commander. Just do a search in the forum and you will find lots of info on that.
:peace:
Actually I should qualify that some..... Although released as a generic map, I believe Map 2 was actually designed using either the Aprilia (Arvin) cans or the Aprillia (Akra) system. Im not sure if it was with stock air filter or not though.

kwagga
03-29-2004, 02:17 AM
Metro,

Are there any major differences between the two maps power/torque wise? What are the benefits of switches maps when installing other pipes?

Merto
03-29-2004, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by kwagga
Metro,

Are there any major differences between the two maps power/torque wise? What are the benefits of switches maps when installing other pipes?

There should be gains in power and torque with Map 2 but there is more to it than that.

Check out the post from Clarkie49 in

THIS THREAD (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15737&highlight=open+loop) for a good explanation of the other issues.

Another thing to bear in mind with the power commander is the ability to map each cylinder individually.

kwagga
03-29-2004, 04:57 AM
metro,

Thanks, very well explained and helped a lot.