PDA

View Full Version : Overcharging battery

C0bRSV
03-25-2004, 03:24 AM
I wanted to know if any of you have had a problem with your battery overcharging? I have already had to have my swingarm replaced due to batttery acid leaking on it and stripping the finish off- and now the bike is in the shop again waiting for another new swingarm, both exhaust cans, and a new chainguard because it happened again. The dealer replaced the battery but after a few hours of riding you can hear the battery "boiling". Any thoughts? Appreciate any insight.

Kiwi_M5
03-25-2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by C0bRSV
I wanted to know if any of you have had a problem with your battery overcharging? I have already had to have my swingarm replaced due to batttery acid leaking on it and stripping the finish off- and now the bike is in the shop again waiting for another new swingarm, both exhaust cans, and a new chainguard because it happened again. The dealer replaced the battery but after a few hours of riding you can hear the battery "boiling". Any thoughts? Appreciate any insight.

Not good - you should probably put a multi-meter on it and find out what the bike is doing to it. I am sure the dealer will do this anyway, particulalrly with the extent of damage. In fact insist that they do this and make sure they give you the results (and post em here).

Dont just accept another battery and replacements for the melted bits either - you want to know the cause :rambo:

Good luck

HixX
03-25-2004, 05:16 AM
Jesus that sounds bad. Surley the battery isnt the problem, it must be the charging circuit.