PDA

View Full Version : How do you get a DEEP exhaust note???

scott2ride
03-24-2004, 11:20 PM
A friend of mine just did a Milleman type conversion to his mufflers, but the resulting sound is more of a loud metalic 'bark' than the normal deep throbbing V twin sound. It still sounds fantastic, but I'd like that deeeep sound from mine.

What has been your experience with the sound of your aftermarket pipes or Milleman conversions?

Have they been a Ducati or TL1000 type of beep note, or a sharper note?

If doing a conversion like Millemans, will the amount of packing arround the core make much difference and will the perforations in the core make much difference to the sound?

If so, how does it effect it?

Thanks

cman6453
03-24-2004, 11:23 PM
Scott - From what I discussed with Milleman, the tighter the packing is wrapped, the louder and more power you'll get. The looser the packing, the lower the sound and power level.

I packed mine as tight as I could and I couldn't be happier with the sound.

scott2ride
03-24-2004, 11:29 PM
Cman, is it the traditional V twin sound or different?

clarkie49
03-24-2004, 11:32 PM
be prepared for a totally different sound to what you are used to with your old bike.

the 04 is very different sounding, and if you want base, get the tigcraft slip-ons :D

Ricky J
03-24-2004, 11:41 PM
Alot of a superbike twin's acoustic signature comes from the booming race airbox. That deep droning noise of a fast approaching twin is mostly intake.

Combine a tuned intake and exhaust and you'll be smiling though the neighbors might not!

Fox
03-24-2004, 11:48 PM
I know what he's saying though .. it's that beautiful deep rumble that Ducatis have with Termis and TL1000s have with twin yoshi pipes ... you feel it before you see it.

Aprilias just dont seem to have it .. maybe it's the 60 degree V thing ..

cman6453
03-25-2004, 12:22 AM
Scott - To me it is a definite twin sound, deep and bassy. Couple weekends ago, I let my bro-in-law ride it and as he rode off it was a definite V-twin sound. I think it's more like the RC-51 with aftermarket pipes sound. I had a 996S with the Termi's and the Factory sound is very different. Although it doesn't bring out all the character, there are sound clips on the board somewhere. Clarkie is right about the Tigs, they definitely produce more bass from what I was able to differentiate from the sound clips.

Merto
03-25-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by scott2ride
A friend of mine just did a Milleman type conversion to his mufflers, but the resulting sound is more of a loud metalic 'bark' than the normal deep throbbing V twin sound. It still sounds fantastic, but I'd like that deeeep sound from mine.

What has been your experience with the sound of your aftermarket pipes or Milleman conversions?

If doing a conversion like Millemans, will the amount of packing arround the core make much difference and will the perforations in the core make much difference to the sound?

Thanks

Is your friend another kiwi? If so the sound might be strange if he left a thick splodge of vaseline in the tail pipe:happy:

Just kidding Scott....... I know you kiwis arent wimpy enough to need vaseline:happy: :happy: :happy:
:peace:

Johnny in Oz
03-25-2004, 01:02 AM
My favourite exhaust note on a V-twin, or any bike for that matter is that of the bevel drive Ducatis fitted with Conti mufflers. I had one years ago (900SS) and it was truly stirring, whether the off-beat staccato at idle, cracking the throttle open, or when throttling off. Truly visceral!

This will always remain as the benchmark for me. A perfect match between bike and exhaust. I even visited Pescara in Italy where they used to be made some time ago.

But I digress. My Tigcraft racing cans arrived today:D :D :D

I picked them up from customs and have'nt even had a chance to open the box.

I'm keen to report back on the sound, which I don't expect to be like the Contis, but I'm hopeful they'll add the depth of sound and presence that a bike like this deserves.

John

Exdukenut
03-25-2004, 01:15 AM
My bevel with a straight pipe is an awseome sounding thing, no baffle, and no packing. Incredibly loud (around 104-106dB I think), and I loved it when last I started the thing and heard it!

See you Sunday John......with them fitted. I'll have my new dB tag (from the Motorcycle Council of Australia), on my Renegades so to throw the cops off of the scent! Although I've just had some new link pipes made for the std Falco mufflers if ever the EPA shows up! The defect notice on my pipes will be cleared tommorrow, but the helmet defect notice is a different story, and the saga continues. The Shoei tech rep in Australia, has never heard of a helmet getting defected for a paint chip in Aust ever, so he's keen for some more info from the "expert" cop who pinged it!

TTYS

Fox
03-25-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Johnny in Oz
My favourite exhaust note on a V-twin, or any bike for that matter is that of the bevel drive Ducatis fitted with Conti mufflers. I had one years ago (900SS) and it was truly stirring, whether the off-beat staccato at idle, cracking the throttle open, or when throttling off. Truly visceral!

This will always remain as the benchmark for me. A perfect match between bike and exhaust. I even visited Pescara in Italy where they used to be made some time ago.

But I digress. My Tigcraft racing cans arrived today:D :D :D

I picked them up from customs and have'nt even had a chance to open the box.

I'm keen to report back on the sound, which I don't expect to be like the Contis, but I'm hopeful they'll add the depth of sound and presence that a bike like this deserves.

John

My single Tig is so loud I've taken to wearing earplugs. However the earplugs make them sound louder and deeper interestingly.

Twins will sound amazing!

BTW the instructions (not that you need them) are in Japanese
:D

p.s. There is on of those Ducs complete with contis parkerd in a garage across the road from work. It's immaculate.

mike71
03-25-2004, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Exdukenut
The defect notice on my pipes will be cleared tommorrow, but the helmet defect notice is a different story, and the saga continues. The Shoei tech rep in Australia, has never heard of a helmet getting defected for a paint chip in Aust ever, so he's keen for some more info from the "expert" cop who pinged it!

TTYS

Bastards, thats worse than my falco getting defected for "speedo" as the copper couldn't catch me on a twisty road.....

he told me my spedo must not work :rolleyes:

I smoked the dickhead :p: not hard to do though... :bitchslap

TheClaw
03-25-2004, 09:32 AM
The Aprilia V-60 sound is much different than the v-90 of the Ducs. I've got a F1a with Conti's a '93 900ss with big barrells and D&D's and they are totally different than my 04 with Milliman pipes. The ducs still sound better. I even like the sound of my '93 900 over a pro thunder 748 with Termi's I had last year (which I pitched for the Aprilia). As much as I am excited to get the Aprilia on the track this summer, my 900 Duc still has the best sound.

Another favorite is the '74 to 74 bevels with open high pipes ala California Hot Rod.

The best sound I've ever heard was a vintage MV GP owned by Team Obsolete. They had a display of them one year at Daytona. Took one out for a parade lap as I stood there and the tech tweeked it a bit. Talk about visceral!

Jeff

TheClaw
03-25-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by cman6453
Scott - From what I discussed with Milleman, the tighter the packing is wrapped, the louder and more power you'll get. The looser the packing, the lower the sound and power level.

I packed mine as tight as I could and I couldn't be happier with the sound.

Anybody experiment without any packing?:D

Jeff

Befbever
03-25-2004, 10:25 AM
How do you get a DEEP exhaust note???
:p:

Exdukie, it was 111 dB. That's what it said on the fine they gave me with my GT750 with open Conti's.
:eek:

Twin Power
03-25-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Fox
I know what he's saying though .. it's that beautiful deep rumble that Ducatis have with Termis and TL1000s have with twin yoshi pipes ... you feel it before you see it.

Aprilias just dont seem to have it .. maybe it's the 60 degree V thing ..

Does Termigoni only make exhaust systems for Duc's? I know what you mean, I heard a 998 with Termigoni pipes, sounds beautiful. Would you be able to fit some on a RSV?

Befbever
03-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Blasphemy!

IMHO that is..

mossback
03-25-2004, 03:52 PM

Thanks

Hi Scott my question to you is were they Millieman's or something else? If you don't want them densly packed just loose. I have the Millieman pipes and they are deep and loud. Think they have a 58mm opening with spiral baffles.

scott2ride
03-25-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Merto
Is your friend another kiwi? If so the sound might be strange if he left a thick splodge of vaseline in the tail pipe:happy:

Just kidding Scott....... I know you kiwis arent wimpy enough to need vaseline:happy: :happy: :happy:

Ouch!:ban:

scott2ride
03-25-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by mossback
Hi Scott my question to you is were they Millieman's or something else? If you don't want them densly packed just loose. I have the Millieman pipes and they are deep and loud. Think they have a 58mm opening with spiral baffles.

Hi Mossback

No they wernt Millemans, he had a local exhaust firm do the modification. Only about US$200 fitted. (It doesnt make economic sense to get Millemans kit sent here to NZ).

But I dont know what packing was used or if any extra packing was installed.

Anyway, they did a good job and it doesnt have the slightly unfinished (IMHO) look that the 'exit' hole has with Millemans. This conversion has a tapered end from the end of the core to the exit hole of the pipe, so that they match in size.

Cheers

wolly
03-25-2004, 05:01 PM
Does Termigoni only make exhaust systems for Duc's? I know what you mean, I heard a 998 with Termigoni pipes, sounds beautiful. Would you be able to fit some on a RSV?

I had a termignoni on my 99 rsv. Sounded great! The sound gets closer to the duc sound. Some exhausts make an aprilia sound like a very high revving harley. I don't like that. I prefer duc sound.

Johnny in Oz
03-25-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Fox

BTW the instructions (not that you need them) are in Japanese

I hope I won't need them 'coz there were no instructions in the box. Come to think of it there were no instructions with the Contis either.

Must be something to do with motorcyclists and an aversion to instructions maybe.;)

Expect a call if I get stuck Leigh!

John

Twin Power
03-25-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by wolly
I had a termignoni on my 99 rsv. Sounded great! The sound gets closer to the duc sound. Some exhausts make an aprilia sound like a very high revving harley. I don't like that. I prefer duc sound.

Was it a custom install, or do the make a set for the 99? I'm very interested in getting some if possible. Let me know if you have any ideas where and what kind would fit my 04....thanks

Merto
03-25-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Befbever
Blasphemy!

IMHO that is..

I think Termis would be awesome on the Prilla. Top Itallian pipes on the top Itallian bike.....awesome:banana:

Fox
03-25-2004, 09:25 PM
I hope I won't need them 'coz there were no instructions in the box. Come to think of it there were no instructions with the Contis either.

Must be something to do with motorcyclists and an aversion to instructions maybe.;)

Expect a call if I get stuck Leigh!

John

Mine fitted perfectly, they are so beautifully made I'm sure you will have no trouble.

I did not know they made Termis for Aprilia!

Twin Power
03-25-2004, 09:35 PM
I think Termis would be awesome on the Prilla. Top Itallian pipes on the top Itallian bike.....awesome:banana:

My thoughts exactly! I know Tigs look and sound really good, but I would like to have Italian pipes on my Italian bike. Just my preference. Now, if I can find out how I can get a pair fitted. I still would like to hear the Tigs in person. Anyone live around the Austin Houston area that can provide a demonstration?

Fox
03-25-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Twin Power
My thoughts exactly! I know Tigs look and sound really good, but I would like to have Italian pipes on my Italian bike. Just my preference. Now, if I can find out how I can get a pair fitted. I still would like to hear the Tigs in person. Anyone live around the Austin Houston area that can provide a demonstration?

I did a search on the Net (Google) and cant find a damn thing on Termis and Aprilia .... anybody point us in the right direction?

TheClaw
03-25-2004, 09:58 PM
Real Termi's are hard enough to get for your Duc. I have never seen an application for the Aprilia.

jeff

Merto
03-26-2004, 12:32 AM
I dont think there are Termis for Aprilia..... this just started as a question then a few "what if" comments followed......:)

Fox
03-26-2004, 01:01 AM
I dont think there are Termis for Aprilia..... this just started as a question then a few "what if" comments followed......:)

I didn't think so either but Wolly said:

I had a termignoni on my 99 rsv. Sounded great! The sound gets closer to the duc sound. Some exhausts make an aprilia sound like a very high revving harley. I don't like that. I prefer duc sound

Merto
03-26-2004, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Fox
I didn't think so either but Wolly said:

Hmmmm, I hope they dont now cos I just ordered a set of Arrow Ti cans:D

mille108
03-26-2004, 02:23 AM
http://www.italobikes.de/onlineshop/default.php?cPath=21_32_39

This is all i could find..............beware its a different language:D ;):peace:

mille108
03-26-2004, 06:04 AM
here's the pic....
ive seen the pipe it looks nice and well build...i cant find anything regarding the 04 though

TheClaw
03-26-2004, 10:21 AM
RE: Termi's

I stand corrected.

jeff

Befbever
03-26-2004, 10:22 AM
That's definitely a Termignoni sticker...

Italian cans on an Italian bike sounds good I guess. Arrow, Leovince, Gianelli, etc..

Tre Millione if you have a Ducati..

;)

powermaster
03-26-2004, 02:59 PM
The answer Scott is in your signature :cool:

scott2ride
03-26-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by powermaster
The answer Scott is in your signature :cool:

Damn it.:nutts: That Jorge fella sneeks up on me everywhere and keeps reminding me about those blasted Renegade pipes and how good they are:rolleyes:

OK Jorge... I have to ask the question...:confused: How do the new Rene race slipons sound?

I do like the sound of the small round twin left/right Rene slip-ons I have now, but they dont have the deep throbby rumble I'd love to hear. Do you have pipes like that Jorge?

What will give our 04 bikes the (dare I say it) Duke & TL1000 type sound?

:D :D :D :D :D

Slopie
03-27-2004, 01:14 AM
I pulled apart the original pipes, removed the restrictive muffler section, cut the cat out, welded 60mm dia perforated pipe from an exhaust place in, packed with fiberglass and fitted the original cap with out the centre piece - and it sounds great and gets 129.5 HP at the rear wheel with a timing and fuel map installed. Maybe not as deep as a Ducati but more of a roating sound.

Will try air box mod soon - looks easy to do your own - Just stick adheasive foam rubber around the air box and cable tie the front of the filter down - sounds crappy but costs next to nothing and you dont have to ruin the top of the air box.

Regards

Slopie

Fox
03-28-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by mille108
http://www.italobikes.de/onlineshop/default.php?cPath=21_32_39

This is all i could find..............beware its a different language:D ;):peace:

Hmmm .. well there you go. US$435.00
Now I wonder how they sound? :rolleyes:

I think someone here should take the risk and get one, then tell us :D

wolly
03-28-2004, 04:53 PM
Was it a custom install, or do the make a set for the 99? I'm very interested in getting some if possible. Let me know if you have any ideas where and what kind would fit my 04....thanks

It wasn't a custom install. It was the same type exhaust shown on the picture a few messages above. That exhaust was best rated in a german bike magazine 4 years back.

I couldn't find termi's for my 04 bike so i ordered arrows and should receive them within a few weeks.:banana:

Rob

scott2ride
03-28-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Slopie
I and it sounds great and gets 129.5 HP at the rear wheel with a timing and fuel map installed. Slopie

Hey Slopie, what did you do to the timeing and fuel map change?

129.5 hp at he rear is great!

Johnny in Oz
03-29-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by clarkie49

if you want base, get the tigcraft slip-ons :D

Well I fitted the Tigs and went for a restrained ride on the weekend. Unfortunately I did'nt get to open the bike up much as my planned ride coincided with an annual cycling event - wall to wall cyclists and cops.

My first impressions of the sound, from start-up, is the volume. These cans are LOUD! Once the bike settles down to idle (about as long as it takes to put on my helmet and gloves), the volume drops and the sound changes to a very deep and sensuous bass note. Totally not what you would expect when the bike is initially fired up. Very satisfying.:D

A sound you can feel as well as hear. It has completely changed the character of the bike. I'm still coming to grips with this change. Not that I'm disappointed. Just that it's different.

As to the quality of build of the cans . . . . flawless! Everyone that has seen them has commented on the quality of construction. And they fitted like a glove.

I haven't had a chance to experiment with the baffles.

IMHO, the sound-clips posted so far bear no resemblance whatsoever to the real thing. If you want to hear them, then get along to hear the real thing.

FWIW

John

scott2ride
03-29-2004, 08:07 PM
Hey Johnny

Can you shine a light down the end and take a photo of the Baffles in the tigs?

Also, what diameter is the Tig baffle?

Ta

Johnny in Oz
03-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Sorry Scott, I don't have a digital camera. If you do a search you'll find lots of pics posted by others, particulary Thunderfactory and NoNick.

My Tigs are the 60mm Racing.

John

scott2ride
03-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Ta. I'll do a search.

Slopie
03-30-2004, 03:38 AM
Hi Scott

S&R Pro in have their own computer module which they install on your bike. They then run the bike on a dyno and set up the timing and fuel - a bit like the powercommander I supose. They did 34 runs on the dyno during fine tuning, I will post the dyno sheet when I get a new scanner.

Regards

Slopie

Slopie
03-30-2004, 03:48 AM
Hi John

Glad your happy with the tigs, shame you could not open it right up. Would still like to go for a ride one day. We are going for a ride up to Warchope - Oxley - Warchope on the 1st 2nd & 3rd of May if you would like to go.

Regards

Slopie

scott2ride
03-30-2004, 06:21 AM
Slopie... Tell us a bit more about this module from S&R Pro ?

Whats the cost?

And what software is required to 'edit' the software?

Whats their website?

Whats the advantage over a PC3? (If any?)

Thanks

scott2ride
03-30-2004, 06:22 AM
Found them here... http://www.sandrpro.com/

Johnny in Oz
03-30-2004, 06:57 PM
Hi John

Glad your happy with the tigs, shame you could not open it right up. Would still like to go for a ride one day. We are going for a ride up to Warchope - Oxley - Warchope on the 1st 2nd & 3rd of May if you would like to go.

It may seem pathetic, but I find myself just wandering out to look at the bike and pipes of an afternoon and the next thing you know I've wheeled her down the driveway just to start her up and have a listen. :D

I'm getting Aitkens to switch her over to map #2 on Friday, so's I can go for a decent blast on the weekend - and then out to Eastern Creek on April 9th. I was hoping they'd have the CO analyser by then, but I understand the unit they received had sufferred some damage in transit.:(

The run up to the Oxley and (presumably) down Thunderbolts Way from Walcha is sorely tempting. One of my absolute favourite stretches. Hard to fit in with kids sport and work commitments . . . but you never know.;)

If you haven't booked somewhere to stay there's a top spot at Mt Seaview I can recommend.

John

Fox
03-30-2004, 10:57 PM
It may seem pathetic, but I find myself just wandering out to look at the bike and pipes of an afternoon and the next thing you know I've wheeled her down the driveway just to start her up and have a listen. :D

I'm getting Aitkens to switch her over to map #2 on Friday, so's I can go for a decent blast on the weekend - and then out to Eastern Creek on April 9th. I was hoping they'd have the CO analyser by then, but I understand the unit they received had sufferred some damage in transit.:(

The run up to the Oxley and (presumably) down Thunderbolts Way from Walcha is sorely tempting. One of my absolute favourite stretches. Hard to fit in with kids sport and work commitments . . . but you never know.;)

If you haven't booked somewhere to stay there's a top spot at Mt Seaview I can recommend.

John

That is pathetic! However we all sympathise totally as we would all be doing the same thing :D

Have you ever stayed at Gingers Creek up that way? Great biker place with lodging and food. They get a lot of dirt bikers who appear through the forest and sports bikes as the twisties are fantastic. It is on the way to Port Mac ...

Leigh was talking about organising a ride up there ....

Johnny in Oz
03-30-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Fox
Have you ever stayed at Gingers Creek up that way? Great biker place with lodging and food. They get a lot of dirt bikers who appear through the forest and sports bikes as the twisties are fantastic. It is on the way to Port Mac ...

Leigh was talking about organising a ride up there ....
Haven't stayed there Chris, but it sounds like the same neck of the woods (at Yarrowitch?) to the place I'm thinking about (Mt Seaview Resort or somesuch, though not really resorty at all), probably just a little further down the mountain.

Yes and the twisties are fantastic. Really challenging. I came off on a slimy patch a few years back - no harm, big reality check though.

Are you out there Leigh . . . . ?

John

Exdukenut
03-30-2004, 11:45 PM
I thought of maybe trying to tee up an Aprilia riders weekend later in the year and a stay at Ginger's Creek. Was up there in Nov last year. Excellent ride!

Hope to try again for a ride this Sunday. Last Sunday I was pretty crook with a cold that the rest of the family had and finally gave me!

Johnny in Oz
03-31-2004, 12:03 AM
Cool! I'll email you so's we don't hijack this thread any further.

John

Slopie
03-31-2004, 02:55 AM

John

Hi John

John from Aitkens called me today and said he has another map for the factory and would like to install it on my bike - I have tried map 1 & 2 and am very interested to find out what the new map does, however it may not be any better on my bike as I already have the S&R pro unit fitted, but it may be good for your bike

PS: If John at Aitkins has time ask him to Install Map 2 and have a little ride and get John to install the new map. - As I have said before they are very helpfull. He spent about an hour changing maps and adjusting airmixture screws on a Saturday at closing time. - Good Luck

Shame you canot make the ride - I thought as you got older you were ment to have more time - obviously not I have not ridden my bike for about a month.

Regards

Slopie

Slopie
03-31-2004, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Exdukenut
I thought of maybe trying to tee up an Aprilia riders weekend later in the year and a stay at Ginger's Creek. Was up there in Nov last year. Excellent ride!

Hope to try again for a ride this Sunday. Last Sunday I was pretty crook with a cold that the rest of the family had and finally gave me!

Hi Exdukenut

I am keen for a ride up to Gingers Creek - Great ride but can be a bit cold and even snow in winter through Walca.

Keep us posted on the Aprilia rider weekend away - sound good

PS: Was your falco in one of the street bike mag issues.

Regards

Slopie

scott2ride
03-31-2004, 05:47 PM
Hi Exdukenut

Was your falco in one of the street bike mag issues.

Slopie

Yep that was Leighs bike. And he's added a few more toys to it since then too. Like carbon fibre wheels... yummy:banana:

Hey Slopie. I checked out the S&P website and the S&P Pro Intercepter. But the site had very little to say about it and they havent replied to my email.

So could you explain a little about it? Is it like a PC3? And how much?

You mentioned John form Aitkens had a new map, so I assume the S&P Pro IS like a PC3. But whats better?

Slopie
04-01-2004, 06:24 AM
Hi Scott

I thing the S&R Pro module is similar to the PC3 they put it on the dyno and adjust the fuel ratio and the timing. - It cost me $1300 Aus Dollars.

I had the new map installed By Aitkins today and found it to be a lot smoother from down low and seems to have nearly sorted out my idle problem. However it may now be a little rich through the mid range.

Will have to get S&R Pro to set it up again on the dyno

PS: 129.5 rear wheel hp was without the airbox mod and with home made pipes and the flapper mod.

I dont know how to post the dyno chart but I thing they did a great job as there does not seem to be any major dips in the power delivery - just a nice relatively straight line.

Regards

Slopie

oneducs
04-01-2004, 08:16 AM
"how do you get a deep exhaust note ?"

That's easy

Buy a Ducati, itll go faster too

wolly
04-01-2004, 05:03 PM
"how do you get a deep exhaust note ?"

That's easy

Buy a Ducati, itll go faster too

LOL :D april 1 joke ? :D

Johnny in Oz
04-01-2004, 06:23 PM

I had the new map installed By Aitkins today

Me too Slopie! Apparently I missed you by about 15 minutes.

The bike seems fine. Hard to tell much on the run back to work on the M5, but I'm hoping on a decent spurt on the weekend and then Eastern Creek next Friday. Seat of the pants meter says smoother though.

I think the Tigs (or any unrestricted pipe for that matter) will exaggerate any "problems" that were masked by the OEM pipes, not that I ever thought the bike had any, apart from a roughness at about 6k (the dip?). Like I said, the seat of the pants meter definitely reads smoother, including idle.

The only strange thing was a surging (?) on one occasion when I pulled up at a set of lights. Like I had the throttle open and it kept revving at about 3k for about 5secs, then it just went back to normal.

FWIW.

John

Slopie
04-02-2004, 03:57 PM
Hi John

My bike has always surged and can run at 2 - 3000 rpm for up to ten seconds just after stopping.

Glad to hear it runs smother. I would imagine that the dip in the power could be removed by the installation of a module by S&R Pro or a Power Commander.

Got my 40th this weekend and dirt bike riding next week end.
Just cant seem to get much time - gives me the shits

Regards

Slopie

scott2ride
04-04-2004, 05:06 PM
hEY sLOPIE

hAPPY BIRTHDAY. i'VE GOT MY 40TH COMING UP THIS YEAR TOO AND AM TRYING TO WORK OUT WHAT KIND OF CELEBRATION/COMMISERATION TO HAVE.

Opps, caps lock on...

Hey that S&P Pro unit is very expensive at $1300 compared to a PC3 at $700. And the new PC3 does alow seperate mapping for each cylinder and can advance the timing too (I think). What makes the S&P unit worth the bucks? Or did you get it because the PC3 wasnt released?

Cheers

Slopie
04-04-2004, 06:14 PM
Hi Scott

Your right about the S&R Pro unit being expensive however the PC111 was not available back then. The S&R Pro unit will also do timing changes but not individule cylinders - Bummer

PS Still got a massive hang over from the weekend. I hope your 40th is every bit as good as mine was.

Regards

Slopie

scott2ride
04-04-2004, 08:15 PM
Hi Scott
PS Still got a massive hang over from the weekend. I hope your 40th is every bit as good as mine was.
Regards
Slopie

What did you do for your 40th? Cant handle the piss as much as when you were younger eh! He he... me either!:D

Slopie
04-04-2004, 08:49 PM
What did you do for your 40th? Cant handle the piss as much as when you were younger eh! He he... me either!:D

Hi Scott

Just had a quiet party at my place - 80 people, a band and 30 hours of drinking. anyway I better go and rest on the couch.

Regards

Slopie

scott2ride
04-04-2004, 08:57 PM
Only 30hrs of drinking?

Harden up! :D :D