PDA

View Full Version : better mirrors?

joe
03-23-2004, 07:33 PM
i just had a customer ask if anyone made a spacer or ANY improvement for the 2004 mille mirrors....any ideas?

thanks

joe savoian
manager
La Yamaha/Aprilia

badmotorscooter
03-24-2004, 09:59 AM
They certainly suck, don't they? They are pretty poor quality for a bike of this caliber.

I have an inquiry with my dealer who is in contact with Mike Ruditys from Aprilia Customer Service. I have gotten no answer yet other that they have not experienced this problem. My issue is with the left mirror; the right one seems OK. For the meantime, I have stuck rubber shims in to stop the wobbling.

Regards.

mossback
03-24-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by badmotorscooter
They certainly suck, don't they? They are pretty poor quality for a bike of this caliber.

I have an inquiry with my dealer who is in contact with Mike Ruditys from Aprilia Customer Service. I have gotten no answer yet other that they have not experienced this problem. My issue is with the left mirror; the right one seems OK. For the meantime, I have stuck rubber shims in to stop the wobbling.

Regards.

Are they that lose at the pivot point? If so they should replace them under warrenty I had one replaced right after I got mine in October. SO I know they have record of faulty mirrors.

I am looking at finding a way to add a small lead weight to the inside of the mirror pod to add mass and hopefully stop the buzz-vibration like bar end weights. Thought about trying some stick on tire weights to the underside of the mirror as a test before I do something more permanent.

joe
03-24-2004, 12:36 PM
actually, he isn't complaining about loose mirrors...he just wants to see around him! i wondered if anyone had made a spacer that would kick them out a bit wider.

thanks
joe

Waxerdog
03-24-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by joe
actually, he isn't complaining about loose mirrors...he just wants to see around him! i wondered if anyone had made a spacer that would kick them out a bit wider.

thanks
joe

That's what I was thinking about... With leathers or a good jacket on you end up seeing more under your arm than on the outside. They just don't adjust enough to see much, but then again I turn my head more than I look in the mirror.

While it sounds cheap, how about those little one inch bubble things you buy at Pep-Boys that stick on the mirror.

(Oh by the way, thanx for the great help last week!)

Andre

joe
03-24-2004, 02:54 PM
thanks, that was my suggestion to him...they will work, but kind of look cheesy..

i also said what is behind you isn't important..

Enjoy your bike...

joe