PDA

View Full Version : Difference Between RSVR & RSVR Factory™

Toolbox
03-23-2004, 04:57 PM
I've been staring at the charts all day, trying to figure out what's different between these two bikes and can only tell that the forks and rear shock absorber is different.

Am I missing anything else? :)

Thank you. :)

Exdukenut
03-23-2004, 05:05 PM
The wheels are forged Aluminium OZs on the Factory, instead of steel Brembos, there's also CF parts aplenty, as well as the Ohlins front and rear.

wolly
03-23-2004, 05:14 PM
The factory has a steering damper

mille-ryan
03-23-2004, 05:24 PM
Plus only the frame is done in black, dont ask why, I think they shoulda carried it out to the swingarm as well.

mossback
03-23-2004, 05:48 PM
The non factory wheels are not steel they are aluminum but they are not cast they are forged I guess. Steel wheels would be silly heavy. The OZ wheels are a few pounds lighter that is all. You will notice it in acceleration but not by much if you use the butt dyno. I sort of wish I bought the factory now if only for the bling factor...
:D Carbon bits, Ohlin shocks, OZ and steering damper. I can do with out the black frame.

:)

wolly
03-23-2004, 05:54 PM
The factory has radial mounted front brake callipers

Thunder Factory
03-23-2004, 06:34 PM
And most important of all the Factory has little gold panels at the rear of the bike which used to have the signatures of Messers Haga and Edwards but are now just gold panels. :D

Makes those who got the first batch have a future collectors item:p:

PS Oh yes and the seat has a non slip finish and a "carbon" effect side panel on the Factory.

mossback
03-23-2004, 07:39 PM
and sparkley vinyl tassles on the grip ends...:D

Dvus
03-23-2004, 09:02 PM
most importantly it comes with an EGO package free of charge not to be mistaken with EVO:D;)

mossback
03-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Dvus
most importantly it comes with an EGO package free of charge not to be mistaken with EVO:D;)

ROFLMAO:funnypost

Yeah that is why I feel like I should a got the RFACT instead. You just can't bolt on EGO.

Dvus
03-23-2004, 10:03 PM
It's low on Horsepower but high on adrenaline and risks:banana:

Aprilia94
03-23-2004, 10:27 PM
The RSVR wheels are cast Aluminium (Brembo, I believe), the Factory are O•Z Racing Forged Aluminium.

stinky
03-23-2004, 10:36 PM
But Brembo owns OZ...

And the Aprilia website says the RSVR has forged aluminum wheels:

Wheels:
Forged aluminium alloy
Front: 3.50 X 17"
Rear: 6.00 X 17"

Fox
03-23-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Thunder Factory
And most important of all the Factory has little gold panels at the rear of the bike which used to have the signatures of Messers Haga and Edwards but are now just gold panels. :D

Makes those who got the first batch have a future collectors item:p:

PS Oh yes and the seat has a non slip finish and a "carbon" effect side panel on the Factory.

Yes and how cool would it be (in an ironic kinda way) if Colin was Motogp champion and Nori was WSBK champ?

aprillia
03-24-2004, 01:06 AM
I also remember reading somewhere that the oil reservoir of a Factory is made of aluminium. Can someone confirm this or have I mixed up things.

kwagga
03-24-2004, 04:25 AM
Toolbox

If you got one of the first production bikes the tank will have Colin Edwards & Nitro Nori’s signatures on. The last shipment of bikes apparently does don’t have them on.

flipper
03-24-2004, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by mossback
ROFLMAO:funnypost

Yeah that is why I feel like I should a got the RFACT instead. You just can't bolt on EGO.

If I'm not mistaken though doesn't the std version come with two chips...............one for each shoulder:p: :D

Toolbox
03-24-2004, 06:18 AM
This is getting more and more difficult. I already have a 00.5R and I came into these forums thinking about getting myself an 01, 02 or 03 Mille or R but now, after reading up on all the new features of the R Factory, I think I want that one instead. Problem is, I'll have to sell my 00.5R which I am terribly attached to already and I can't afford to both a 00.5R and a R Factory at the same time.

ARGH! These things are always so difficult to decide on. :)

Anyway, if things goes as planned, I should have an 01, 02, 03 or R Factory by the end of the month.

Wish me luck! :)

mossback
03-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by flipper
If I'm not mistaken though doesn't the std version come with two chips...............one for each shoulder:p: :D

Exactly!:D

wolly
03-24-2004, 11:55 AM
If you got one of the first production bikes the tank will have Colin Edwards & Nitro Nori’s signatures on. The last shipment of bikes apparently does don’t have them on.

I guess that's not possible anymore. Colin and Nori are not around anymore to sign the bikes ...:D :D :D :D

NoNick
03-24-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by aprillia
I also remember reading somewhere that the oil reservoir of a Factory is made of aluminium. Can someone confirm this or have I mixed up things.

I think they are the same material (and for the first serie both bike could have a leak...) but the NERA should have a stainless-steel or aluminum verzion. Am I right?

ChicagoFactory
03-24-2004, 04:23 PM
I know it says the RSVR's wheels are forged aluminum, but I don't think they are. I'm pretty sure they are the same cast aluminum ones from the earlier models.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

Mike

cman6453
03-24-2004, 07:05 PM
I think the RSVR's are cast and the Factory's are forged. I thought I saw "forged" on the wheel when I was cleaning mine this past weekend.

QuietStorm_R1
03-25-2004, 12:14 AM
I believe both bikes have a steering damper.
:peace:

aprillia
03-25-2004, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by NoNick
I think they are the same material (and for the first serie both bike could have a leak...) but the NERA should have a stainless-steel or aluminum verzion. Am I right?

I obviously had mixed things up. The Aprilia made Laverda SFC 1000 seems to have an aluminium oil reservoir. Maybe NERA too.

On the Motorcycle Daily webpages there's a comprehensive account of both models (RSVR and RFACT):

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/28july03_2004aprilia_rsv1000r.htm

Kiwi_M5
03-25-2004, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by QuietStorm_R1
I believe both bikes have a steering damper.

Negative - just fitted an Ohlins damper to my 04 "R".

And re the posts on wheel types ...

Forged takes a billet alluminium block and it gets bashed (forged) into shape which means you can get very thin walls. For those that dont know, billet is the raw metal and is naturally stronger as the grain in it is set in a consistent direction when the raw material is put together. Forging stretches the billet alloy grain which strengthens it even more - thats why billet and forged products are super-light and super expensive.

Casting is taking a bunch of cheap alluminium (coke cans for example) and melting them up in a pot and pouring it into casts.

The R wheels and shapes they have couldnt be forged due to the spokes having a U shape to them.

Twin Power
03-25-2004, 07:23 AM
Doesn't the factory have slightly bigger throttle body?

Aprilia94
03-25-2004, 09:48 AM
The RSVR wheels are indeed Cast Aluminium. The Factory are forged Aluminium. Not a huge difference either way for most people. The way to go if you want to make a difference is the O•Z forged magnesium wheels that look identical to the Factory wheels. They are an Aprilia option. Huge difference.

The RSVR does not come with a steering damper.

kwagga
03-26-2004, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Twin Power
Doesn't the factory have slightly bigger throttle body?

Twinpower,

no the factory does not have bigger throttle bodies. only difs are

Ohlins forks/absorber and steering damper
OZ rims
CF bits
Radial mounted brakes and master cylinder

aprillia
03-26-2004, 07:09 AM
And at least according to Motorcycle daily aluminium headstock shaft.

QuietStorm_R1
03-26-2004, 10:51 AM
Kiwi_M5,
I knew I read it on the Aprilia site. It is supposed to have a damper included...
It is in the 'Frame' section.

http://www.aprilia.com/models03/road/eng/modello_techinfo.phtml?id=55

Bremms
03-26-2004, 06:40 PM
Wheels.

RSVR Cast Aluminum
Factory Forged Aluminum
Nera Forged Magnesium

I believe the Nera has the Aluminum head tube

Factory and RSVR have a Steel head tube

RSVR lacks the steering damper and Ohlins tackle
and carbon fibre bits

There is a big difference in the wheels.. 3 kilos
per set for the forged Aluminum wheels vs the cast.
the Mg wheels are only about a kilo lighter than the Forged OZ Alu
and are more fragile..

Black frame.. monoposto.. For the factory.