PDA

View Full Version : Fml

<3 my bike
01-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Hey guys just wanted to share wtf i just did and hear some of your stories too, so here we go ;).
Today was really icy, but i didnt realise this until i actually got on my bike, i could of just got a lift but i didnt i went about half a mile and the car infront of me braked i did the same and lost all control on total black ice we both (me and the car infront) skidded the car drove off and proceeded to flip my bike, it then landed on my leg crushing it and then skidded for about 10 metres before stopping.
I finally managed to get my leg out and half stand up adrenal kept me standing i think. After about a minuet i stood my bike up and half dragged it to the side of the road when a car that had witnessed the crash pulled over and made sure i was okay, i hen had to bump start my bike which took a bit of effort and then drove it home.
My leg isnt broken yet quite hurt and i cant walk properly ;(
The bike however have has lost part of it's handle bar (the end of the grip part which is made of metal) and i have damaged quite a lot of the farings...
FML
so my project now? is the repair it :D

JambroGPR
01-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Sorry to hear that mate...

Were you wearing proper gear?

rabidnz
01-20-2011, 03:25 PM
atgatt! dont be a squid

andy_edw
01-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Unlucky mate.

I nearly just came off mine,Theres ice everywhere

RS_Patrick
01-20-2011, 10:47 PM
:pics:

Bad Luck, hope your more carefull next time.

Little Tip: Dont Brake if you notice its slipery, especaily not with the Front brake, If you have to brake use Stab Braking (short taps on the brake) if it than locks up your gonna be off the brake already before it starts to slide.
And be really gentle on the throttle, and dont shift back a few gears at once.

<3 my bike
01-21-2011, 06:15 PM
yeah i was wearing full padding and it was sheet black ice i couldnt see it at all :L