PDA

View Full Version : New engine :D

xXxKillDogxXx
01-10-2011, 05:28 PM
So i went a bought my new engine today from a awsome guy called rich who works in my local bike shop/MOT center got it for 175 only done 1000 miles so im really happy i fitted it all in tonight and then found out my old 2000 model exhuast dont fit i know its only a adapter i need but tbh ill just get a new pipe or swap my 2000 pipe with rich for the 2005 pipe if he still has it :D ill post some pics up tomoz if u want only thing with the engine is that its covered in corosion on the outside crank cases not the head tho.

The engine is so new that if u turn the flywheel u can hear the pressure in the cylinder head :D

andy_edw
01-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Good buy, i sold my old db50 engine on ebay for 230 and it had done 8000miles

RS_Patrick
01-11-2011, 12:50 AM
... If you plan to fit an other bore the 2005 pipe probably wont fit anymore as all the good/fast aftermarket kits are 28mm like yours was.

I can hear the presure in the cilinders of my 40 year old engine also... does that make it new than? :p:

And whats with you and the Project Section...
Stop Posting here unless your really working on a Project (your RS50) and Post pics.

All this Engine stuff should be in the same thread as your original one of your RS50 was, or in the Oftopic section, maybe Technical if you had pics and questions...

xXxKillDogxXx
01-11-2011, 02:17 AM
Its the original head and piston still thats what i mean, and no the exhaust wont fit its very anoying tbh i wanted to drive school today gonna ring rich ina bit and see what he can do for me :D

btw sorry about posting here if u want ill ask dom to move it??

RS_Patrick
01-11-2011, 09:50 PM
no, but people need to think a bit where there posting, that would make the mods lifes a bit easier.

Im off to bed now finaly...

xXxKillDogxXx
01-12-2011, 02:11 AM
everything is fitted now even the proper exhaust but the bike dont sound as crisp or tinny as my last engine im gonna do a sound test and post it later tonight kk

xXxKillDogxXx
01-13-2011, 07:57 PM
well the weather has been crap so hadnt had a chance to do a sound test been raining 3 days in a row now so really anoying, lol been slipping and sliding all over the place haa btw in my exhaust header when i took it off the exhaust (the front part) where it bolts to theres a smaller circle inside the header is that a restricter? if this ant clear enough ask for pics and ill upload

RS_Patrick
01-13-2011, 09:54 PM
Did you check if theres Oil in there and the Level, And if you didnt Refresh it put Fresh Oil in mate, might help.

xXxKillDogxXx
01-14-2011, 01:51 AM
well the weather has been crap so hadnt had a chance to do a sound test been raining 3 days in a row now so really anoying, lol been slipping and sliding all over the place haa btw in my exhaust header when i took it off the exhaust (the front part) where it bolts to theres a smaller circle inside the header is that a restricter? if this ant clear enough ask for pics and ill upload

rabidnz
01-16-2011, 04:05 PM
well now your just parroting. Yes it is a restrictor, when i nod my head, hit it with a hammer :bangwall:

RS_Patrick
01-17-2011, 12:45 AM
Pic? might be tell you the best way to get it out than (if its a restrictor)

xXxKillDogxXx
01-17-2011, 01:48 PM
its a inner circle on the header like im gonna use a airgun with a sorta dremal end on it to grind it out :D

RS_Patrick
01-18-2011, 08:13 PM
If its a restrictor it should only have a +-10mm hole in it.