PDA

View Full Version : HELP for crush protector R&G

bikenest
03-19-2004, 09:41 AM
Hello I have buyed the R&G racing crush protectors for my RSVR '04 and the kit supposed to have two aluminium blocks.One triangular shaped for the left side and one aluminium block R sharped.The kit that I received has two left aluminium blocks triangular shaped.That means that I have two aluminium blocks,all same.I tried to communicate with R&G racing but I haven't any answer since 15 days ago!!!!
Please if anyone knows,tell me where I can found the right block called block R shaped.I don't want to pay 2 times same thing you know...Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :peace:

Thunder Factory
03-19-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by bikenest
Hello I have buyed the R&G racing crush protectors for my RSVR '04 and the kit supposed to have two aluminium blocks.One triangular shaped for the left side and one aluminium block R sharped.The kit that I received has two left aluminium blocks triangular shaped.That means that I have two aluminium blocks,all same.I tried to communicate with R&G racing but I haven't any answer since 15 days ago!!!!
Please if anyone knows,tell me where I can found the right block called block R shaped.I don't want to pay 2 times same thing you know...Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :peace:

Personal experience of R&G using their products for my last 3 bikes has been very good generally there is a packing slip on the kits to say who made them up and checked them.

Who have you mailing / ringing?

Are the blocks identical?

Did you buy them from the R&G site?

Sorry for all the questions but I have a contact in the company who will want to know about your problems.

:peace:

Aprilia94
03-20-2004, 01:09 AM
I have their stuff on my bike, sorry for your hassle...it's worth the wait as long as you don't bin it in the meantime. There stuff is top notch.

m00c0w
03-20-2004, 03:20 PM
I reckon I will be selling my uppers before long as I can't for the life of me find anyone to fit them, and there is no way I'm drilling holes.

The lowers are annoying, as this bike is a little too tall for me and they get in the way.

Thunder Factory
03-21-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by m00c0w
I reckon I will be selling my uppers before long as I can't for the life of me find anyone to fit them, and there is no way I'm drilling holes.

The lowers are annoying, as this bike is a little too tall for me and they get in the way.

Fitting them is not a big deal if I can do it anyone can.

R&G offer a ride in fitting service if your anywhere near them.

As for the lowers you soon adjust and they are much better in their position than the old bike.

:peace:

Aprilia94
03-23-2004, 11:07 AM
m00c0w: You are in the UK, it's worth the trip to R&G if they do have that kind of service. You will be glad you had them if you drop your bike. Little inconveniences seem to "go away" when the real value of them is tested. Unless you just don't like money and are keen to get rid of as much as possible. As for cutting the bodywork, that's what everyone had to do on the previous mille's just to put a full race exhaust system on it...would that have been worth it? when done properly you can not even tell. Especially on the frame slider, the slider itself blocks the view of the hole for the most part.