PDA

View Full Version : Dorsoduro 1200 prices

marksim
11-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Just been to my dealers and found out the new 1200 is gunna be 10k.
I think its gunna be a great bike but in my opinion no way is it worth more than 2.5k than my 750 Factory.

Strada_Stu
11-14-2010, 10:29 AM
There's a few UK dealers advertising them as in showrooms now at 9799, but they are saying limited stock.

marksim
11-14-2010, 11:15 AM
There's a few UK dealers advertising them as in showrooms now at 9799, but they are saying limited stock.

Thats still 2400 more than i payed for my Factory.
The dealer told me that all uk bikes supplied new now have to have ABS fitted as standard due to european laws,so obviously this costs and is going to reflect on all new bike prices.Dont forget the VAT goes up aswell in the new year.
I think my factory was a good buy. it has the same brakes and suspension as the 1200 and i like the carbon bits.Wonder if they will bring out a 1200 Factory and how much that will be.I traded in my Kawasaki 2008 ZX10R for it and was a good time as the new improved one is out and the older model prices have fallen.
I will still take a 1200 out on test but it will have to be a bit special for me to upgrade.

burty
11-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Thats still 2400 more than i payed for my Factory.
The dealer told me that all uk bikes supplied new now have to have ABS fitted as standard due to european laws,so obviously this costs and is going to reflect on all new bike prices.Dont forget the VAT goes up aswell in the new year.
I think my factory was a good buy. it has the same brakes and suspension as the 1200 and i like the carbon bits.Wonder if they will bring out a 1200 Factory and how much that will be.I traded in my Kawasaki 2008 ZX10R for it and was a good time as the new improved one is out and the older model prices have fallen.
I will still take a 1200 out on test but it will have to be a bit special for me to upgrade.

I have to say that that smells like bull to me.

That said, if it is correct the ABS option on the Shiver was only 600 extra so it doesn't justify the price hike on it's own. I think it's really a case of new bike, more complex tech (traction control etc) more trick bits, bigger ccs, bigger price tag.

marksim
11-14-2010, 01:10 PM
I have to say that that smells like bull to me.

That said, if it is correct the ABS option on the Shiver was only 600 extra so it doesn't justify the price hike on it's own. I think it's really a case of new bike, more complex tech (traction control etc) more trick bits, bigger ccs, bigger price tag.

Yes totally agree it doesnt justify the hike on its own but it helps also theres the bigger new engine and traction control.im just comparing the price difference against mine and i forgot to mention before i even got the Arrows for free when i got mine.
Going off subject abit but with the ABS now having to be on all new bikes and it not being able to be switched off what about the off road bikes that are also road legal surely the ABS would be of some hindrance if not dangerous.
Just my thoughts

Strada_Stu
11-14-2010, 03:26 PM
The Dorsoduro 1200 is availble without the ABS and traction package but not in the UK, UK are only getting the bikes with the ABS and traction.
Have a look at some of the photos on the net they don't all have the engine fairing.
There has been rumours that the EU are trying to make ABS standard on all bikes in the future. MCN have done articles about it and how it would make offroad bikes that are road licenced not fiesable.
I believe the Dorsoduro ABS and or traction control can be switched off ?

Bigralphie
11-29-2010, 03:09 PM
I think the off road abs issue is still to be decided

aka marco
11-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Yes totally agree it doesnt justify the hike on its own but it helps also theres the bigger new engine and traction control.im just comparing the price difference against mine and i forgot to mention before i even got the Arrows for free when i got mine.
Going off subject abit but with the ABS now having to be on all new bikes and it not being able to be switched off what about the off road bikes that are also road legal surely the ABS would be of some hindrance if not dangerous.
Just my thoughts

you will be able to turn off both abs and tc