PDA

View Full Version : Dorsoduro 1200!!

Gabro
09-14-2010, 10:31 AM
http://www.motoblog.it/post/25992/anteprima-aprilia-dorsoduro-1200-2011

http://static.blogo.it/motoblog/aprilia-dorsoduro-1200-2011/aprilia_dorsoduro_1200_2011_00.jpg

Mikey1
09-14-2010, 10:41 AM
few nice touches on the bike, wonder if the ohlins coloured spring will actually be an ohlins unit

roots
09-14-2010, 10:45 AM
looks like a sachs from the other pics seen on http://www.motoblog.it/

ensign_crusher
09-14-2010, 10:48 AM
It's a Sachs, but it's fully adjustable, as are the forks.

Strada_Stu
09-14-2010, 10:58 AM
1200 Dorso mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh Stu likes it a lot
I presume this will be at the Milan bike show in November, I hope so as I am going on the Friday.

I noticed on the picture....
its mainly white like my 750 ( they must have liked my photos on here :p: )
its not got wavey discs
this one has ABS
looks like brembo brake calipers instead of aprilia ones on standard 750
new engine clutch case cover
the oil cooler will get all the crap from the front wheel and need a guard
new seat different pattern on it any way
new hand guards very sleek
new clutch and brake reservoirs hooray no more leaks !
new head light cowl with ducts in it
new tiny screen
different shaped tank body work must = bigger tank
the exhaust under neath has totally changed and is now 2 seperate cans
no under tray where the exhaust have changed
the key slot for the seat release has changed and moved a little
new slimmer start switch like the 2010 shiver has
oh and it says traction control in the text.....more stuff to go wrong ?

where do I sign, I want one now.

Grug
09-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Given the 750's '95bhp', I wonder what the 1200's '130bhp' will equate to in the real world...

Strada_Stu
09-14-2010, 11:09 AM
for those who can't see the top link here are some of the pictures, and a Bable fish translation of the text

The new Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 2011 toes make one's debut today. The occasion is that of the inauguration of the new center of the Piaggio Group now in via Broletto 13 to Milan that has carried out to the presence of the President and General executive manager of the Group Roberto Colaninno. It has been moreover inaugurated the “Space Broletto 13 ″, store of the products of the Group. Not even Max Biaggi could not lack, leader of classifies iridata Superbike and man image of the Group. On Dorsoduro 1200 the new V90 Aprilia from 1200 cc, one unit characterized from the electronic system of injection toes make one's debut Laughs by Wire with triple mapping, cooled to liquid and with tree distribution double overhead, four valves for cylinder and Twin Spark. A modern motor and from the refined technology that it gives off values of power (130 CV to 8.700 turns and 115 the maximum brace of Nm to 7.200 turns) that they mark the absolute supremacy in the category, in tightening the more normative respect of anti-pollution. The refraining system previews the radial pliers to 4 pistoncini bound together to two discs from 320 milimeter to the front one while to the posterior one milimeter refrained from one Brembo clamp is a single disc from 240 to single pistoncino. The chassis is to mixed structure and joins a sturdy attice in steel to lateral slabs and telaietto reggisella in aluminum.

The staple, of derivation of the Dorsoduro 750 Factory is a Sachs from 43 milimeter to steles turned upside down with piedini fused in shell, adjustable in I precarico motivating force and in the hydraulic brake in jam and extension. The posterior shock-absorber to gas with separate tank Sachs, mounted laterally and infulcrato to the forcellone in aluminum with outline cantilever, are adjustable in precarico motivating force and in hydraulics or in jam or in extension. Dorsoduro 1200 is available also with ATC (Aprilia Traction Control) bound together to the ABS to two channels both independently disinseribili. Draft of a traction control that concurs to take advantage of to the maximum the power available and the grip of the tires being allowed us to enjoy in every condition the great divertimento guide this authentication “fun bike”. Increased the serbatorio regarding the 750 hour from 15 liters comprised the reservoir

Strada_Stu
09-14-2010, 11:14 AM
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2010/September/sep1410-dorsoduro-1200-official-image/

Aprilia has released a single image of the new Dorsoduro 1200 – a big supermoto-style bike it will show in finished form at the Cologne show in October.

MCN revealed the bike after an owners manual was leaked online in August but this official image was released following an unveiling at the Aprilia parent company Piaggio Group’s headquarters in Milan.

Technical information confirms what MCN has already revealed. The motor is an all-new 1200cc 90 degree V-twin which will produce 130bhp at 8700rpm and 85lb ft of torque at 7200rpm.

The bike will also get ABS as an option and the Aprilia Traction Control (ATC) from the Aprilia RSV4.

Aprilia will be launching a number of new models for next year with a new 180bhp Tuono V4 naked bike rumoured to be part of that plan too.

Expect to see this model launched in November as the world’s most powerful naked bike. This will also get ATC along with launch control and the option of ABS too.

MCN will bring more information in next week’s paper

mh_dorso750
09-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Laughs by Wire with triple mapping, ..........

........ traction control that concurs to take advantage of to the maximum the power available

Laugh by wire.............cool !! :banana::banana:

Wonder if traction control will be standard ? With the ABS too ? :lame:

Strada_Stu
09-14-2010, 11:18 AM
OK I think I am getting a bit giddy now, I let someone else have a go at writing about it.

dk_dorso
09-14-2010, 02:20 PM
I want one... i want it bad..

The oil cooler looks like some last minute "mamma mia.. we make the oile become very hotta... we nedda da coolah"

But other than that its new and improved for sure, and i will def be looking to trade in my 750 for this new beast

REMEtech
09-14-2010, 03:09 PM
personally, i think they have ruined it, i like my 750 better. i hate the belly pan, i dont want traction control, abs, launch control or any of that cack. i dont like the yellow shock or the round discs. i dont like that stupid wind screen and i dont like the hydraulic reservoirs. i hate the oil cooler and i hate the new engine casings. im sorry, but im really disappointed. what i like about my factory is the fact that it still has the racing supermoto pedigree combined with the comfort and speed of a normal road bike.

however....i bet with that new engine it will accelerate like an absolute animal!!

Ryan Favro
09-14-2010, 03:17 PM
I wonder how long until the motor will be for sale on it's own? It should fit a gutted Shiver chassis.

Mikey1
09-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Personally I want the moto guzzi v7 clubman racer shown in the background of pic 2. I'm getting my name down for one if them in the new year when it's released

Go on stu, yours is out of warranty soon so as good an excuse as any to get it

maddad
09-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Yes Stu your in love admit it.....:o

Bigralphie
09-14-2010, 04:26 PM
I like it ,but that tank might present a problem for tall people like me,I am very interested in the V4 Tuono but not till 2012

burty
09-14-2010, 04:29 PM
personally, i think they have ruined it, i like my 750 better. i hate the belly pan, i dont want traction control, abs, launch control or any of that cack.

That belly pan will be a function of having the ABS. It will be interesting to see how it looks if the bike is going to be available without ABS

i dont like the yellow shock or the round discs.

Wavy discs are just cosmetic anyway, presumably they need the round discs cos they want something that works.

i dont like that stupid wind screen

It'll need something if it has 130BHp

and i dont like the hydraulic reservoirs.

They will be a function of having better master cylinders

i hate the oil cooler

That'll be cos the engine gets even hotter - you don't get all that extra power with no pain.

and i hate the new engine casings. im sorry, but im really disappointed. what i like about my factory is the fact that it still has the racing supermoto pedigree combined with the comfort and speed of a normal road bike.

however....i bet with that new engine it will accelerate like an absolute animal!!

I don't need more than I have already, but I want one. What's the tank range? How much?

Grug
09-14-2010, 04:53 PM
A 180bph Tuono?! Good lord... the previous generation at the moment (2005) is already way more bike than I could handle.

FadedGenes
09-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Remember, Aprilia USA doesn’t plan to import the 1200 into North America.
...quoted from Hell for Leather.
What the bloody hell? Not importing to North America?

mckee
09-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Anyone remember ... i want it , i want it , i want it . You can't have it (music by the Who) . Need a USA DD 1200 .....Too much is just about perfect sometimes .

CessnaTPA
09-14-2010, 06:24 PM

:plus: Bastards! :)

Gazzafish
09-14-2010, 06:42 PM
If the tank is bigger, thats what im interested in... can't wait until someone works out if it will fit the 750 ....:banana:

maxpower220
09-14-2010, 07:32 PM
If the 750 weighs 420 lbs, I am guessing the 1200 should be about 500 lbs (using aprilia math).

Centerline
09-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Lovin' it. REALLY lo oil cooler on my Ducati S4RS Monster, never have had any dings to it in thousands of miles of riding both street and track, it sat out there undinged so far....It sat lower than the 1200DD appears to hang, so I wouldn't think there would be any problem with the DD oil cooler.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii13/CenterlineF4/Ducati%20Monster%20S4RS/IMG_11562.jpg
I want very badly a new 1200 DD, If they don't import it, looks like I will opt for a Ducati 1200 MS or a Hypermotard 1100.

burty
09-15-2010, 12:55 AM

yet

it will just be a year later.

deano469
09-15-2010, 01:42 AM
It will be interesting to see what sort of price bracket they put this in, if they price it right i could be tempted to trade the 750 in for one.

Gabro
09-15-2010, 02:40 AM
sounds about 12.000euro in Italy (the DD750 here is at about 9000)... don't know if with the ABS and TC (optionals)

Strada_Stu
09-15-2010, 03:27 AM
Go on stu, yours is out of warranty soon so as good an excuse as any to get it

Warrenty has expired my friend. Thank fully fingers crossed touch wood and all that I haven't had any problems recently.

Strada_Stu
09-15-2010, 03:36 AM
personally, i think they have ruined it, i like my 750 better. i hate the belly pan, i dont want traction control, abs, launch control or any of that cack.

In the other pictures there is one with out the belly pan and thus no ABS, which means ABS must be an option which makes the traction control an option as it works along side the ABS.

Centerline
09-15-2010, 04:00 AM
Looks like they also did away with the ginormous spoon(exhaust monstrosity) uner the tail and have gone to 2 separate cans. Now, just bring it to U.S.

deano469
09-15-2010, 04:45 AM
Suprised that now the exhaust is 2 cans rather than the 1 large can that covers everything, they have not fitted an undertray to protect the frame from corrosion etc.

mh_dorso750
09-15-2010, 06:24 AM
Suprised that now the exhaust is 2 cans rather than the 1 large can that covers everything, they have not fitted an undertray to protect the frame from corrosion etc.

:plus:

Suggested price of 9k....ouch ! Not sure if I'd stretch to that over the £5900 I paid for my 750.

Maybe 0% and some cans may sway people....not for a while though I'll bet.

Grug
09-15-2010, 06:47 AM
:plus:

Suggested price of 9k....ouch ! Not sure if I'd stretch to that over the £5900 I paid for my 750.

Maybe 0% and some cans may sway people....not for a while though I'll bet.

If the larger powerplant actually puts out close to the claimed 130bhp (we all know how accurate that was with the Shiver and DD) it puts it right up there with the KTM Superdukes, Ducati 1100 Hypermotards/Monsters etc. So the price is certainly in that equivalent ballpark, whether anyone could justify the move up from the 750s just for more horsepower... it'll be interesting to see.

fyr
09-15-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm glad I pulled the trigger on the 750 purchase this year. I was holding out for the bigger bore version of the Dorsoduro for much longer than I should have. With all the criticisms you would think that Aprilia would increase displacement (a given) and decrease weight to compete with the other products out there, but this new version looks to be a bit of a porker.

This is supposed to be their "supermoto for the street" model... isn't it?

mad8vskillz
09-15-2010, 12:36 PM

one of the clubs (njminigp) refers to supermoto as "sumo"
so at ~500lbs, the dd1200 is definitely a sumo for the street :rolleyes:

hackbenjamin
09-15-2010, 12:55 PM
one of the clubs (njminigp) refers to supermoto as "sumo"
so at ~500lbs, the dd1200 is definitely a sumo for the street :rolleyes:

I would think a 1200cc engine would have a little more than 130hp no?

Centerline
09-15-2010, 01:47 PM
If the larger powerplant actually puts out close to the claimed 130bhp (we all know how accurate that was with the Shiver and DD) it puts it right up there with the KTM Superdukes, Ducati 1100 Hypermotards/Monsters etc. So the price is certainly in that equivalent ballpark, whether anyone could justify the move up from the 750s just for more horsepower... it'll be interesting to see.
Grug..... Have you ever heard of CRANKSHAFT horsepower and torque numbers. Those are the numbers Aprilia refers to, as do MOST manufacturers unless they specifically say Rear Wheel Horsepower. Believe it or not there is a good percentage of crankshast horsepower lost (friction) between the crank and the road.

Elvis
09-15-2010, 01:49 PM
The only thing keep me from getting a DD 750 is the ridicules fuel tank capacity (12L some places they say even 11.5L) but now the 1200cc have a16L fuel tank, i really hope that they will sell the DD 750 in 2011 with the 16L fuel tank then i will get one (please Aprilia read this).

burty
09-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Grug..... Have you ever heard of CRANKSHAFT horsepower and torque numbers. Those are the numbers Aprilia refers to, as do MOST manufacturers unless they specifically say Rear Wheel Horsepower. Believe it or not there is a good percentage of crankshast horsepower lost (friction) between the crank and the road.

Aprilias claims for crank HP for both shiver and DD are still generous, some may say way off the mark.

Grug
09-15-2010, 05:28 PM

I have, but the bikes appear to have one of the most significant discrepancies between claimed crankshaft figures and actual rear wheel output I've come across (normally you expect around a 15-17% drop, the Aprilias get hit by up around 22%).

fyr
09-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Just for comparison...

According to Sport Rider magazine the stock Dorsoduro gets to max 75.8 RWHP @ 9,250 RPM. They also state the Ducati Hypermotard (1100cc version) to have max 77.0 RWHP @ 7,500 RPM

Most all dynos will yield somewhat varying results. You can check out the exhaust manufacturers that have dyno charts for another reference... it's all relative.

I was worried that my 750 would feel anemic, but it actually seems to get faster/stronger every time I ride it :burnout:

octavio3311
09-15-2010, 07:22 PM

The 1100 Hyper only makes 95hp + or - at the crank and like 78hp or so at the wheel. It's only advantage is the extra grunt (torque) from it's extra 350cc.
Now the SuperDuke - that's 1 sweet ride. 117hp at the crank.
The Tuono still got them beat.

:cheers:

Grug
09-15-2010, 07:29 PM
The 1100 Hyper only makes 95hp + or - at the crank and like 78hp or so at the wheel. It's only advantage is the extra grunt (torque) from it's extra 350cc.
Now the SuperDuke - that's 1 sweet ride. 117hp at the crank.
The Tuono still got them beat.

The SuperDuke is an absolute blast, it was my first choice when it came time to upgrade my bike, but the higher price ruled it out for me. :( The Tuono I tried (a 2005 model) was just too much for me. It's a crazy machine, grabs you by your manly bits and growls at you to lean further, go faster :devil:

octavio3311
09-15-2010, 10:08 PM
At the time I bought my 08' Shiver - Tuono's were selling for $13k and the SuperDuke was going for $14k.
Now I see brand new 08' leftover Tuono's going for $8000 and my buddy just bought a new 09' SuperDuke for $8999. :bangwall::bangwall:

Oh well - the Shiver beats them on the looks category and has proven to be a quite capable ride.

Momo1970
09-15-2010, 10:32 PM
Well I just rode Duke690R and this things is the fastest street bike I ever road in the twisties. With less then 60BHP and less then 350lbs this bike makes things so easy to go fast. The funny thing is that it also feels safer to go fast on this bike. In other words drop 50 LBS from DD 750 and you got one hell of a bike. Owning the 05 Tuono with Full Akra system I can say that 130 BHP is way too much for street use. Will not make you go faster anywhere but the track!

octavio3311
09-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Well I just rode Duke690R and this things is the fastest street bike I ever road in the twisties. With less then 60BHP and less then 350lbs this bike makes things so easy to go fast. The funny thing is that it also feels safer to go fast on this bike

I totally agree. I can rip my Husqvarna 450SMR thru the twisties. Nasty, twisty, bumpy shit roads - No Problem. Me and that Husky have humbled many big bikes and many bigger egos on those roads.

:peace:

DorsoDoctor
09-15-2010, 11:53 PM
I'm glad I pulled the trigger on the 750 purchase this year. I was holding out for the bigger bore version of the Dorsoduro for much longer than I should have. With all the criticisms you would think that Aprilia would increase displacement (a given) and decrease weight to compete with the other products out there, but this new version looks to be a bit of a porker.

Agreed.. Looks like a porker to me too lol :plus:

Elvis
09-16-2010, 12:25 AM
Well I just rode Duke690R and this things is the fastest street bike I ever road in the twisties. With less then 60BHP and less then 350lbs this bike makes things so easy to go fast. The funny thing is that it also feels safer to go fast on this bike. In other words drop 50 LBS from DD 750 and you got one hell of a bike. Owning the 05 Tuono with Full Akra system I can say that 130 BHP is way too much for street use. Will not make you go faster anywhere but the track!

The R version have almost 70 HP

Grug
09-16-2010, 03:29 AM
Oh well - the Shiver beats them on the looks category and has proven to be a quite capable ride.

That's it! I'm a sucker for a pretty face, and that was a large part of what sealed the deal on the Shiver for me... you can put it up along side just about anything and there really are precious few that you could genuinely say look prettier than the 'prilia :banana:

Bigralphie
09-16-2010, 05:57 AM
My breathed on ZX12R has been dyno,ed 3 times ,twice on the same dyno a year apart and every time the RWBHP was different
176 on the first run
181 on the second
178 on the 3rd
so there must be many factors that affect the outcome
so working backwards that would make the quoted crank horsepower around 200bhp eek

johnny_boy02
09-16-2010, 06:01 AM
At the time I bought my 08' Shiver - Tuono's were selling for $13k and the SuperDuke was going for $14k.
Now I see brand new 08' leftover Tuono's going for $8000 and my buddy just bought a new 09' SuperDuke for $8999. :bangwall::bangwall:

I'm waiting for the V4 tuonos to come out and devalue the current models even more. The super duke r is one sexy beast, but fairly rare around me so prices are to high.

I think it's just me but I find the shiver to be a damn ugly bike from most angles.

Mikey1
09-16-2010, 07:06 AM
I think it's just me but I find the shiver to be a damn ugly bike from most angles.

thats the first time ive ever heard that, everyone who has seen my shiver loves it both riders and non-riders. any reason you dont like it or just doesnt appeal to you?

Bigralphie
09-16-2010, 08:00 AM
I seem to remember 2 DD riders that have disparaged your chosen model Mikey :-)

Mikey1
09-16-2010, 08:04 AM
think youre mistaken there ralphie, you both loved it but didnt want to admit the DD was the wrong bike so :p: in fact stu loved it so much he has copied it lol

anyway lets not get back into the shiver is better than the DD arguement on this thread, we all know the shiver is better so lets leave it there :blah:

mad8vskillz
09-16-2010, 08:08 AM
I'm waiting for the V4 tuonos to come out and devalue the current models even more. The super duke r is one sexy beast, but fairly rare around me so prices are to high.

i like the shiver a lot (even though i ride a dd)
the tuonos giant headlight thingy is awful.

mckee
09-16-2010, 08:54 AM
back to the point , how do we get the DD 1200 into the USA ? Doesn't Aprilia remember that "too much is just right " ! come on , we will buy/ride it ....

wrx_02
09-16-2010, 09:08 AM
I think the first problem you guys need to fix is getting all of the 1200 DD thread put together, then figure out how to get the bike here.

mckee
09-16-2010, 09:17 AM
WRX ...there is that . And MCN sez it may be comming ....http://www.motorcycle.com/news/2011-aprilia-dorsoduro-1200-unveiled-89955.html

tez180
09-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Looks like a fat tourer.

molicka molko
09-23-2010, 10:59 AM
1200 Dorsoduro Pics..
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2010/09/2011-aprilia-dorsoduro-1200-official-photo/

1200 Dorsoduro Video..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jAYrKwQPp0

Not Sure Its Official..
But Looks Real..
New 1200,Has Oil Cooler..
They Change The Front Brake,& Clutch Reservoir..
New Handguard..

suffix7
09-24-2010, 02:10 PM
I wonder if a 1200 shiver is in the works?

Bigralphie
09-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Doubt they will want a big Shiver and a V4 Tuono in the range

Beau1K
09-24-2010, 06:07 PM
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/091510top-i.jpg

shekel
09-24-2010, 06:10 PM
My bet is that the 1200 'Shiver' will be the new 1200 adventure bike. Better late than never I suppose. :burnout:

Fabietto
09-25-2010, 08:51 AM
I wonder if a 1200 shiver is in the works?

It was. They made a prototype which they tested and tested but then, for no particular reason, decided not to put in production.

I think that at least one of them is still in pontedera.

Oscar Dog
09-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Must say I love the look of the black model - the front on pic showing bike without that chubby ABS "belly pan" - some excellent styling features too, another beautiful Aprilia and I bet the motor will feel and sound incredible.

On the youtube vid (thanks Molicka) at 34 secs I noticed the riders arse is kicked out of the seat! I hope this isn't a sign of super rigid suspension components that pushed me away from the Shiver....

perfect
09-25-2010, 12:37 PM
I was at the aprilia dealer I use on wednesday and they said that the 1200 Dorsoduro
is now listed on the Aprilia System so it should be out soon

No shiver though :-(

mh_dorso750
09-26-2010, 04:10 AM
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/091510top-i.jpg

Sold my DD750 earlier this year and heard rumours of the 1200.

I was considering Ducati's Hypermotard for next year when I'm back driving again, but these recent pics of the new DD 1200 are making me rethink.......yip, I'll be going down the DD route.

I can't wait to hear one of them running, the 750 sounds sweet, even on standard cans.

I hope there will be some form of undertray on the 1200 seeing as it has 2 cans and not just the one stupid one.

Dorsoduropaul
10-07-2010, 04:33 AM
Lots of PICCYS....

http://www.motoblog.it/galleria/aprilia-dorsoduro-1200-2011-foto-ufficiali

DesertGoon
10-07-2010, 07:16 AM
http://static.blogo.it/motoblog/aprilia-dorsoduro-1200-2011-foto-ufficiali/big_8Aprilia_Dorsoduro_1200_05.jpg

http://static.blogo.it/motoblog/aprilia-dorsoduro-1200-2011-foto-ufficiali/big_3Aprilia_Dorsoduro_1200_02.jpg

http://static.blogo.it/motoblog/aprilia-dorsoduro-1200-2011-foto-ufficiali/big_Aprilia_Dorsoduro_1200_ABS_05.jpg

http://static.blogo.it/motoblog/aprilia-dorsoduro-1200-2011-foto-ufficiali/big_Aprilia_Dorsoduro_1200_17.jpg

Strada_Stu
10-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Does anyone know if it is on show at the Colonge bike show? not seen any photos yet ?
I'm hoping it will be at the Milan show as I am going.

Dorsoduropaul
10-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Does anyone know if it is on show at the Colonge bike show? not seen any photos yet ?
I'm hoping it will be at the Milan show as I am going.

Yep..some photos of a white one at Cologne with a matching dress...

http://www.motoblog.it/post/26422/le-sexy-novita-del-gruppo-piaggio-al-salone-di-colonia

Deffo at Milan as will be me too

johnny_boy02
10-07-2010, 05:18 PM
thats the first time ive ever heard that, everyone who has seen my shiver loves it both riders and non-riders. any reason you dont like it or just doesnt appeal to you?

I missed this so.... First I enjoy the bike and have no big complaints other than the suspension. I dont much care for the way the seat looks, I think the two plastic pieces coming off the tank are a bit chunky and out of place(I like the shape of the tank though) and I dont care for the headlight. And..... I dont dig the gold.

The shiver is a bike that I see from some angles and I think damn that looks good! Then from other angles I think meh. It does get a lot of positive attention though.

maddad
10-08-2010, 02:54 PM
I hope the dash fogs in the new one ,I'd miss that if it didn't happen:rolleyes::p:

shekel
10-08-2010, 03:00 PM
I hope the dash fogs in the new one ,I'd miss that if it didn't happen:rolleyes::p:

Its called 'character'.:burnout:

DesertGoon
10-08-2010, 10:43 PM
frankly i don't think i need a 1200cc machine... i hardly go over 160km/h. :p:

mh_dorso750
10-11-2010, 01:53 AM
http://static.blogo.it/motoblog/aprilia-dorsoduro-1200-2011-foto-ufficiali/big_Aprilia_Dorsoduro_1200_17.jpg

Is that a gear indicator ? :confused:

Grug
10-11-2010, 02:34 AM
frankly i don't think i need a 1200cc machine... i hardly go over 160km/h. :p:

What kind of reason is that?! :whiner:

:p:

DesertGoon
10-11-2010, 02:42 AM
What kind of reason is that?! :whiner:

:p:

ergonomic reason... :lame:

johnny_boy02
10-11-2010, 10:35 PM
I don't know if it's been posted yet but I just read a artical saying this piggy is coming to the U.S in 2011.

BatuKMan
10-13-2010, 10:24 AM
First Impressions with the Dorso 1200:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/First-rides--tests/2010/September/oct1310-Aprilia-Dorsoduro-1200-first-ride/

Manu XIV
10-13-2010, 02:42 PM
The guy had to go all the way to italia to tell us that!?

BatuKMan
10-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Apparently.

keithc
10-14-2010, 06:04 PM
OK so the bike looks good. and one bit that olooks lots better than teh 750 is the dash surround and headlight surround. On the 750 this looks unfinished.
And it looks like the headstock angle is adjustable as well, It look slike a concentric adjustment is their.

Keith C

shekel
10-14-2010, 06:17 PM
OK so the bike looks good. and one bit that olooks lots better than teh 750 is the dash surround and headlight surround.

Keith, you mean like the Shiver? Ooooh and it has a gear selection indicator too. hehehehe:p:

Elvis
10-15-2010, 12:39 AM
I was sitting on the 1200 on the Intermot show, the bikes (1200,750) are looking almost the same and you need to be very close to see which model is it.
The 1200 fuel tank in my opinion will fit perfectly in the 750 and will give you 3.5 to 4 litre more, the extra litres.
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/566/img1596large.jpg

Cos_S
10-15-2010, 06:11 AM
The 1200 fuel tank in my opinion will fit perfectly in the 750 and will give you 3.5 to 4 litre more, the extra litres.

We can hope...i'd buy it!

CessnaTPA
10-15-2010, 07:21 AM
Do you have more photos to post?

I was sitting on the 1200 on the Intermot show, the bikes (1200,750) are looking almost the same and you need to be very close to see which model is it.
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/566/img1596large.jpg

Centerline
10-15-2010, 07:30 AM
With the 750 and 1200 so closely resembling.....as long as a 1200 was red, my bride wouldn't even notice when I switch.:cool:

CessnaTPA
10-15-2010, 07:31 AM
With the 750 and 1200 so closely resembling.....as long as a 1200 was red, my bride wouldn't even notice when I switch.:cool:

Have they said what colors they will have for the 1200? I really hope they do red.

Strada_Stu
10-15-2010, 07:35 AM
Have they said what colors they will have for the 1200? I really hope they do red.

Initially I have read that the UK is getting white or black as colour options. It also said they will only be importing the bike WITH ABS and traction control.

deano469
10-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Initially I have read that the UK is getting white or black as colour options. It also said they will only be importing the bike WITH ABS and traction control.

Boo Aprilia, get this sorted! Would personally prefer it without, never had a bike with ABS or traction control and never felt like i needed it. Just seems like it would take some of the fun away.....

Centerline
10-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Boo Aprilia, get this sorted! Would personally prefer it without, never had a bike with ABS or traction control and never felt like i needed it. Just seems like it would take some of the fun away.....
ABS is amazing. On the street it will permit a rider to decelerate in much less distance to a full stop than non-ABS....magic on wet or oily roads.
Have never had traction control.

Mikey1
10-15-2010, 10:03 AM

so have you picked your colour stu? black or white?????

Strada_Stu
10-15-2010, 03:56 PM
so have you picked your colour stu? black or white?????

It wouldn't matter I'd only spray it another colour, not that I'm getting one, well I wouldn't buy one with out seeing one first. Not long now.....

george_grat
10-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Defently I will buy this bike, I love it. I have already sell the SMV750 and I am going for the 1200 straight.

keithc
10-16-2010, 03:44 PM
The 750 does pretty much every thing I want to do on a bike, I really dont want the extra power, as if its their I would use it. This would either give me a lot of pain on the smal roads I use, or the cops would take my license away. The larger tank would be a good move though as I have to fil up every two½ days for commuting. But knowing Aprilia Prices it wil be way to much money to justify the extra range.
Oh and when are Aprilia going to realise yellow is the fastest colour fro a bike.

Keith C

rhy99
10-26-2010, 07:20 PM
New DD1200 video is out today (though it looks similar to the previous one):

Clicky (http://motogossip.com/11175-aprilia-dorsoduro-1200-official-video)