PDA

View Full Version : BLue OZ Wheels

Dvus
03-11-2004, 10:43 AM
Brand new lightly scratched. How much would you guys pay? I'm thinking of getting some is $1250 too much?

MaXX
03-11-2004, 12:19 PM
Be sure they are for or off a bike with Radial mounted Calipers (03 or newer). If the OZ's are older or on non-radial mounted caliper bikes, they will be too narrow at the hub where the rotors mount up (2.5 mm/side, 5 mm total).

MaXX

Thunder Factory
03-11-2004, 01:25 PM
MaXX

Dvus has an R so the wheels from the pre 03 bikes will fit straight on, but your on the button about the radial cliper versions.

Dvus

Not a lot of experience when it comes to US pricing of second hand parts, but where and how deep are the scratches?

:peace:

MaXX
03-11-2004, 01:29 PM
I didn't know the 04 R didn't have radial mounted calipers. They only come on the Factory??? Interesting.

MaXX

Thunder Factory
03-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by MaXX
I didn't know the 04 R didn't have radial mounted calipers. They only come on the Factory??? Interesting.

MaXX

Yup

R runs the standard Brembos, both bikes get the radial brake and clutch cylinders though.

Italibikefreak
03-11-2004, 01:45 PM
So the 03 OZ wheels will fit on the 04 R model cool does anybody know where I could order them from?

Thunder Factory
03-11-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Italibikefreak
So the 03 OZ wheels will fit on the 04 R model cool does anybody know where I could order them from?

Freak

It's pre 03 wheels you need for the 04 R.

The 03 came with Radial Brakes which use different spacers.

Keep an eye on EBay I used to see OZ's on their reglarly, or post a want add on the site board, you never know what would be available.

:banana:

MaXX
03-11-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Thunder Factory
Yup

R runs the standard Brembos, both bikes get the radial brake and clutch cylinders though.

So the set up on the brake calipers, between the 04 R and the 04 Factory is different between the two bikes (Only 5mm off at the rotor mounts betwen the R and Factory)? If I understand what you are saying above, the 04 R, with radial mounted calipers, uses the older style of Brembo and OZ rims (5 mm thiner at the hub where the rotors mount up) but the 04 Factory uses the wider hub.

I didn't think the 04 R, if it had radial mounted calipers, would have standard brembo rims. I would guess the brembos would be the same as the OZ's, 5 mm fatter at the hub where the rotors mount up. Are you sure the width of the hubs are different on the 04 R and the 04 Factory?

MaXX

Thunder Factory
03-11-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by MaXX
So the set up on the brake calipers, between the 04 R and the 04 Factory is different between the two bikes (Only 5mm off at the rotor mounts betwen the R and Factory)? If I understand what you are saying above, the 04 R, with radial mounted calipers, uses the older style of Brembo and OZ rims (5 mm thiner at the hub where the rotors mount up) but the 04 Factory uses the wider hub.

I didn't think the 04 R, if it had radial mounted calipers, would have standard brembo rims. I would guess the brembos would be the same as the OZ's, 5 mm fatter at the hub where the rotors mount up. Are you sure the width of the hubs are different on the 04 R and the 04 Factory?

MaXX

Sorry, I forgot Brembo also made wheels, my post was referring to the standard Brembo calipers.

Jony2Stones
03-11-2004, 04:36 PM
I would call your shop (or perhaps one of the 'local' guys could chime in)...

Because I believe that there is a difference between even the standard wheels from model year 03 and 04.

So you 03 oz's may not work on your 04 standard.

Would be worth a call, well unless you wanna buy 'em...then sell 'em to me...:D

Aprilia94
03-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Keep in mind that when you are considering the prices, OZ wheels come in forged aluminum and also magnesium. The magnesium wheels are lighter and more expensive. They look the same (blue).