View Full Version : MH RYZ 50 Tuning

bilsta
08-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Right, picked this up for 200.

Plans:
Rebuild engine
Polish Metrakit exhaust (started)
Gloss black frame, wheels and swingarm
(undecided on colour of plastics/ graphics)
possibly new headlight
Tidy up rear end, with led brake light
MOT and sell :)

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj155/bilsta21/DSCI0250.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj155/bilsta21/DSCI0248.jpg

I started polishiing the exhaust today, but didnt take a before picture, basically it was full of burnt on shit and was never chrome, im not happy with the out come so far, so gonna resand it down with finner grit sandpaper.
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj155/bilsta21/DSCI0249.jpg

Tom-Hutch
08-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Almost bought one of these. If u rattle can the frame nd thay should be a few hundred in it for ya

bilsta
08-06-2010, 04:49 AM
nah gonna spray the frame properly, oxide primer and then some gloss black fro mthe spray gun i reckon.

Tom-Hutch
08-06-2010, 06:53 AM
did my Tzr with rattle cans and it came out really good, loads of primer, like 5 coats of loss black and 5 coats of clear stuff to protect it

bilsta
08-06-2010, 07:46 AM
got pics?

Tom-Hutch
08-06-2010, 11:15 AM
Yep, came out really good and with all the clear coat never got marked or anything, just using the halfords stuff. Cheap and i think for a standard colour black comes out just as good as powdercoating.

bilsta
08-06-2010, 01:01 PM
does look ok, but not that glossy? how much prep did you put into the frame? i want a proper deep gloss on the frame and swingarm as there constantly on show and i want the bike to be mint.

Tom-Hutch
08-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Pics dont show it up as good as it was. Gelled the rust bits then sanded rust bits back to metal, primed and painted

bilsta
08-06-2010, 05:17 PM
ill give it a shot with poundland paint, but for the price of aerosols from halfrauds i can get half a litre of gloss black cellulose and laquer for that

RS_Patrick
08-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Dont bother to much with polishing the exhaust, its not gonna stay nice for long with out any coating on it, best to make it rust free and spray it with heat resistan black or clearcoat, or have it chromed.

Dom.C
08-08-2010, 07:19 AM
Dont bother to much with polishing the exhaust, its not gonna stay nice for long with out any coating on it, best to make it rust free and spray it with heat resistan black or clearcoat, or have it chromed.

Yeah I agree however you'll struggle to find a local place that will chrome a used exhaust. If you do find somewhere, it'll cost a silly amount.

Where does the tuning come into it Billy lol? What have you got planned.

bilsta
08-08-2010, 07:56 AM
its just too loook nice while i sell it, And i dont know where tuning comes into it, its more visual enhancement, but tuning sounds better:

MH RYZ 50 Tuning
MH RYZ 50 Visual Enhancement

see :P

Dom.C
08-08-2010, 01:53 PM
its just too loook nice while i sell it, And i dont know where tuning comes into it, its more visual enhancement, but tuning sounds better:

MH RYZ 50 Tuning

LOL I'm with you now.

Could let me have the barrel and give it a practice run with my dremel :happy:

RS_Patrick
08-09-2010, 09:01 PM

MH RYZ 50 Tuning

Its called Visual Tuning or Visual Styling.

Anyway, If your gona sell it just give the exhaust a few layers of heat resistand clearcoat mate, than the pipe still looks nice and it doesnt rust away with in a week or so.

bilsta
08-10-2010, 12:34 PM
I know what its called.

and a polished pipe looks sooooo much better than black pipe.

RS_Patrick
08-10-2010, 03:38 PM
and a polished pipe looks sooooo much better than black pipe.

Yeah for about a Week... thats why i said Clear Coat, not Black mate.

bilsta
08-11-2010, 07:22 AM
oh my bad, clearly wasnt reading it right, up to the new owner if they want to do that, i will buy a can and offer it for them, but it dulls it down quite alot.

RS_Patrick
08-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Well if you dont do it after a week or so the pipe will be much duller from rust :P
And if it starts to rust its verry hard to get rid of it since its basicly just bare polished steel now.
Your pipe is really nice and shiny know, so i would put a thin coat on, but make sure you get it everywhere.
It wont dull it much, pipes that you buy in the shop with clearcoat on them where not as silver as yours is to start with.