PDA

View Full Version : mode button problem

tucker hauser
07-09-2010, 11:30 AM
aprilia electrics again:crowbar:
this time its the mode switch
i am able to scroll between the different options ie mpg, max speed, trip etc but i cant reset them ie mode button works when i tap it but the continuous press that is used for resetting the trips, setting the clock and entering diagnostics menu isnt working

i have a spare set of clocks (fogging prob) and they have the same prob so i know its not the clocks must be the switch or bad connector course aprilia have seen fit to make it a sealed switch

anyone had same prob?

cheers

Gone_Ape
07-09-2010, 01:03 PM
had identical problem-turned out to be a dirty mode button...yes it required switch removal from the handlebar and iirc i had to make the decision to cut a small hole to squirt the electrical contact cleaner inside then after drying, reseal w/silicon seal. Also check the connector for filth. My .02

tucker hauser
07-09-2010, 03:28 PM
thanks for the reply
managed to sort the problem turned out to be the connector that joins the main harness
didn't look dirty or corroded but after i played on with it nothing on the left hand grip would work
after a bit of cursing, wd40 and making sure all wires fully pushed in everything was working fine inc the mode switch

really wish ape would spend a little more on decent connectors these stupid probs really do let them down

Gone_Ape
07-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Amen brutha....they need to change vendors