PDA

View Full Version : Warning stickers

Arnie
03-08-2004, 09:05 PM
Geez! There's a ton of them on the bike!!! What did you guys use to get them off???

stinky
03-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Thumbnail and patience.

Then goo-gone for the residue.

ChicagoFactory
03-08-2004, 09:48 PM
I just took them off over the weekend with my thumbnail and a hair drier. Worked great and left no residue.

Mike

Buddy
03-08-2004, 10:06 PM
A hair dryer does work, but very slow. If you use a hair dryer wait for a very sunny warm day and do it in full sun exposure. If you can't wait a painters heat gun (electric) will get them off in a hurry. I got all of them off in 15 minutes and all but one in one piece. Bottle of goo be gone is good if you you have any residue. Heat gun really softens the glue. The trick is to heat enough to lift, but not enough to degrade the plastic material it is made from. To much heat and the decal pulls like a taffy on a hot day. Good Luck!

Thunder Factory
03-09-2004, 02:24 AM
Is this a US thing, the only one I can think of it the one on the petrol tank?

Rutan
03-09-2004, 04:38 AM
I used the wifeís hairdryer. I cut my hair really short so my wife gave me a really weird look when I asked if I could borrow her hair dryer. Thunder, the US bikes come with a sticker on the windscreen, rear hugger, exposed battery box, and the gas tank. We have to have warning stickers on everything because of idiots and lawyers. I'm waiting for the surgeon general to put a label on bikes saying they may be hazardous to your health.

...And we have the damn reflectors on our front fender:gunner:

Marcus

Arnie
03-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Thanks guys! I will try hair dryer or the painters heat gun. I think my wife has one from her crafts tool box. I have some goo gone in the house.

Thunder, you won't believe all the crap the government makes manufacturers put on their products here in the US. Rutan is right though, it's all because we allow idiots to sue. It's sad.

Felix Da Cat
03-09-2004, 11:17 PM
Seems like a standard thing nowadays, including in the EU:

They trust me to operate a motorcycle cable of triple speed digits, yet I'm not competant enough to enable a switch to fire up some headlights :rolleyes: :mad:

assholes ...

Rutan
03-10-2004, 05:45 AM
even cups of coffee come with warning labels. So far scientists have concluded that the the thing most in common with every person that has died is that they were living first. As Felix put it ".. I'm not competent enough to enable a switch to fire up some headlights." If they donít trust us to fire up light bulbs, how do they trust us with having and raising children. I have to show ID to buy paint, but I can have all the kids I want and drain you tax dollars away. WTFO? Sorry, caught myself in a rant.

Marcus