PDA

View Full Version : PC3 UK update

Thunder Factory
03-08-2004, 03:13 PM
I got word today that the first supplies of thePCIII usb for the 04 should be at distributors in a couple of weeks (yeah I know we have heard that before :D ) so I had a chat with the boss of a well known Uk parts distributor and he came up wih a deal for 5 orders or more on a group buy of 213 including shipping anywhere in the UK.

Not finteresst to anyone in the States but for those in Euope I thoght I'd check out reactions.

Anyone interested in getting in on this?

Way it would work is I send a list of those "eligable" and we each do our own ordering and payment.

:peace:

scott2ride
03-08-2004, 05:38 PM
if the Axone is programmable then I presume we won't need a PC3?

I'm not sure yet if it is programmable, but I assume that if it is used to download new maps into the bikes EPROM, then it stands to reason that it is probably possible to download new customised maps into the Axone and then download those directly into the EPROM.

therefore we wouldn't need the PC3!

Does anybody know of this is possible or has anyone even considered it?

geffers
03-08-2004, 05:57 PM
TF,

I for one would be interested. Please keep me posted :)

Geffers

Thunder Factory
03-08-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by geffers
TF,

I for one would be interested. Please keep me posted :)

Geffers

Geffers the deals done, just need the names if ur in then 3 to go, drop me a mail and I'll shoot u the details.

Dvus
03-08-2004, 09:12 PM
what! nothing for the US????

Thunder Factory
03-09-2004, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Dvus
what! nothing for the US????

IF I was buying in the US it would be through the site shop:D

Exdukenut
03-09-2004, 02:51 AM
www.kayleusa.com for the best price $US259 where the Powercommander site has them at $US330. Where do you think you should buy!;)

Thunder Factory
03-09-2004, 02:56 AM
Already mailed them and they told me they won't ship to the UK:mad:

With the exchange rates US purchasing is the way to go but Her Majesties Customs and Excise are picking up on that fact and thre is a bit of a clamp down starting on packets from America even marked with low values so alnernatives were required.

Exdukenut
03-09-2004, 02:59 AM
Someone on the board got me mine from there. Then shipped it in a different packet, and stated that they were secondhand goods, worked for me!

Yep I agree great exchange rates at the moment for stuff from the US of A!

GMan
03-09-2004, 04:21 AM
Thunder I may well be interested in one of these, as I have one in my 600 track bike. I'm a little confused by all the talk of different map setups for the RSV & Factory, and am wondering do I need that as well, or just a PC3?

Andy G.

Thunder Factory
03-09-2004, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by GMan
Thunder I may well be interested in one of these, as I have one in my 600 track bike. I'm a little confused by all the talk of different map setups for the RSV & Factory, and am wondering do I need that as well, or just a PC3?

Andy G.

Andy

I picked this info up from the board so it's not that I'm less confused, just been hanging arround with the rigt people for a little longer:D

The bikes ECu has 2 maps available:

Map 1:

For stock cans and it's a closed loop so the bike is set up to provide the optimum fuel mix for a set of cats with a ratio of 14.7 to 1.

Map 2:

Designed for non cat cans, an open loop and trying for a fuel air ratio of 13 to 1 which is the optimum for power on bikes.

I had a PC3 with a custom map made on my old bike and could feel the difference, from that experience I'm sold on having one onm the new bike hence the subject of this thread.

To get the thing to "work" however the bike still needs to be switched to map 2.

GMan
03-09-2004, 04:53 AM
OK, so what your saying, is that I get the dealer to set it to map 2 when I get my first service out of the way, and when I get my race system added (it'll be the Akra) coz I love them very much. Then I add the PC3, and have wonderful beautiful throttle response and even more oomph! :)

Sounds like a reet good deal to me.

Andy G.

Thunder Factory
03-09-2004, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by GMan
OK, so what your saying, is that I get the dealer to set it to map 2 when I get my first service out of the way, and when I get my race system added (it'll be the Akra) coz I love them very much. Then I add the PC3, and have wonderful beautiful throttle response and even more oomph! :)

Sounds like a reet good deal to me.

Andy G.

Just about sums it up, all bikes are different adjusting the fueling lets you optimise the whole package:D

zx6racer
03-09-2004, 10:24 AM
What I dont understand is how you guys get the new PC3 ahead us in the USA :mad:
How long till I get one :rolleyes:

Dvus
03-09-2004, 11:32 AM
Damn I'm going to order mine today!!!!!

mossback
03-09-2004, 02:58 PM
Damn I'm going to order mine today!!!!!

Did you do it yet? Are they really available? Inquiring minds want to know!

:D

Dvus
03-09-2004, 03:07 PM
I see it on www.kyleusa.com for $279 just don't know if this is the one that can tune individual cylinders?

EDit yeah I ordered mine $286 with shipping

kchan1100
03-09-2004, 04:03 PM
I just called www.kayleusa.com and asked about a group buy. I was told that if I could get a group buy of 10 people, they would give us a discount of $20 per unit. Still need to talk to Dan Kayle to finalize the deal. Is anyone interested? $259 per unit.

scott2ride
03-09-2004, 05:31 PM
NOTE:
Hey Dvus ("Devious" to those that know him well). You are the only one to get the correct www address for the PC3. It is www.kyleusa.com

The rest of you all typed it wrong. So take this bitch slap like a man :bitchslap

Dvus
03-09-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by scott2ride
NOTE:
Hey Dvus ("Devious" to those that know him well). You are the only one to get the correct www address for the PC3. It is www.kyleusa.com

The rest of you all typed it wrong. So take this bitch slap like a man :bitchslap *** 2 hands Clapping*** You got it bro:peace:

scott2ride
03-09-2004, 09:33 PM
*** 2 hands Clapping*** You got it bro:peace:

If these guys used both hands they'd fall over :D

Just messin with ya lads!:happy:

m00c0w
03-11-2004, 09:12 AM
If I can get you the money next month Thunder, I'll have one of those too.

Thunder Factory
03-11-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by m00c0w
If I can get you the money next month Thunder, I'll have one of those too. All payments go direct to the supplier, no margins on this one, just 25% discount and free delivery.

If your wanting one drop me an email with your details, I have to send a list of names to the suppliers of those in on the discounted price.:p:

m00c0w
03-11-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Thunder Factory
All payments go direct to the supplier, no margins on this one, just 25% discount and free delivery.

If your wanting one drop me an email with your details, I have to send a list of names to the suppliers of those in on the discounted price.:p:

Cheers mate. You need my name, do you need anything else from me?

How much do these retail for anyway?

Thunder Factory
03-11-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by m00c0w

Cheers mate. You need my name, do you need anything else from me?

How much do these retail for anyway?

Just send me your name and e.mail address in a Private Message and I'll forwared it to the supplier thenmail you how to sort the order itself.

Retail is 284.

Thunder Factory
03-12-2004, 11:52 AM
Guys we have the numbers I'll be sorting the details over the weekend and mailing those concerned with how to order.

Talk soon!