PDA

View Full Version : Vid from yesterday

stinky
03-08-2004, 03:08 PM
Please forgive the cross-post, but it's kinda 04 RSV related, as the camera is mounted on my Factory.

It's in the Pics, Vids, & Sounds forum here. (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20833)

mille-ryan
03-08-2004, 05:21 PM
Was pretty good there Mr Stiny winky :p: I liked the music, fit it well. I expect more from you now a days though, the weather here is awsome so I need to see some Cali twisties or some surf.

scott2ride
03-08-2004, 05:32 PM
How big is that file?

So far I've downloaded 45meg and its still going???

stinky
03-08-2004, 05:38 PM
Aye-aye, mille-ryan! :) I can't wait for the higher elevations to clear up a bit, some of my favorite So Cal roads are waiting for my video camera.

With success geting this one uploaded to my hosting machine, I'll dig up a few I've made recently and see if I can get them up.

Scott, you're almost there - the file is 53.8 M (said so in the link :) )

stinky
03-09-2004, 01:26 AM
And speaking of which, I posted a link to this in the Pics, Vids, & Sounds, but I'll save you a click:

Palomar, 1/25/04, 4:38, 57 M (http://stinkyfactory.com/mpgfiles/PalomarPart3.mpg)

You may have seen the last 50 seconds of this one, but I got the whole 4:38, 57 Meg file up today for your viewing pleasure.

HixX
03-09-2004, 08:27 AM
I envy you Yanks with the long roads and great weather. Do you want to adopt me ? :p:

More vids to make me really green please.:peace:

Thunder Factory
03-09-2004, 09:00 AM
Stinky, I've said it before your vids keep me sane during the wininter and that ones another belter:D

:banana: :banana: :banana: :plus: :plus: :plus:

scott2ride
03-09-2004, 05:48 PM
I loved the Vid, and was impressed with how clear and steady it was.

So could you tell me what Video camera you used and what mounting did you use?

I have a new digital JVC GR-DVP9aa which takes a great pic. So I mounted it using one of these and the pic wobbled and shook like I was suffering from drug withdrawals.

Johnny Ringo
03-09-2004, 09:47 PM
Great video, it makes me want to get on my bike and rip!
I just wish i had roads like that to ride on here in Kansas.
Is the music Bon Jovi?:)

stinky
03-09-2004, 11:22 PM
Thanks again for the kind words, guys.

Scott, I have a suction cup tripod that I never got to use because I lost all confidence in it when it fell off the bike (minor scratch on the camcorder from hitting the ground) before I even finished backing out of my parking spot. Now I'm using a mini camera from helmetcamera.com, and I'm really happy with it. I mounted it in the front of the intake after I performed a labiaectomy (TM). It is wired to the bike's battery for power (it's 12v) and both the mini camera and the included mic are plugged into a Sony DCR-TRV33 camcorder in the trunk. If you think these little 320-line mpg's look good, you should see the .avi files. Waaaay sharper with better depth and about three times as big visually. Only problem is they take up about 15 times as much space as the mpg's, and would be impossible to post until technology moves us a bit farther. For grins, I made one 16 and a half minutes long, and it's 3.46 Gigs, but *damn* is it pretty.

Johnny, it is indeed Bon Jovi, from the only album they made that I liked - their self-titled first. There are two more tracks off the album that will show up sometime this spring/summer on future vids.

I'll try to post a new vid or two every week, since you guys seem to like them. Lots of great roads here to film, and I really enjoy making the clips. The guys I ride with seem to get a kick out of them too.

Dvus
03-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Dude Have you hit Hwy 58 yet? If not you should and record right in the middle of the straight section. I have to see this on vid and please go over 130mph 2 things may happen you'll get air or wheelie off the rises. That road rocked!!! plenty of long sweepers to begin with then some good ol straights with 15 to 10mph 90degree turns then the roller coaster section and cap it off with tight canyons. http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/Highway58.htm

"One gorgeous afternoon, popping my eastbound-58-cherry, I hit the rollercoaster hills going 130 mph. I knew what I was in for as soon as I saw the rollers coming -- it was too late for the brakes unless I wanted 'em to lock when gravity gave way. Crested the first roller, caught air and hung there forever, touched down just enough off dead straight to know what I'd almost done, glanced at the speedo ('cause I knew I'd be telling _this_ story about ten billion times), and spent the next ten minutes screaming in total exhilaration."

Grabbed that quote from pashnit. Those comments holds soo true. You will love it and getting it on video will be sooo perfect for everyone to enjoy and smile. Cause there's that moment when you come to it and you look down at the speedo and can only accept fate and have faith in your abilities and your motorcycle to take you through the thrills.