PDA

View Full Version : placing bike on rear stand

topsyt
06-28-2010, 10:36 AM
This is my first bike that needs a rear stand. How many of you guys put the bike on the rear stand without anyone steadying the bike?

hank
06-28-2010, 10:47 AM
It's easy to do solo - stand on the side next to the kick stand and steady the bike with your left hand and use your right hand to move the rear stand under the lift nubs. There are numerous videos on how people do it by themselves - here is one of them:
aHS46NK9650

duct_tape
06-28-2010, 10:50 AM
I use a Pit Bull forward handle rear stand. Simple to use (my gf can do it solo) and less space needed as nothing sticks out behind the bike.
http://www.pit-bull.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/F0042-000LG.jpg

hairy
06-28-2010, 11:00 AM
This is my first bike that needs a rear stand. How many of you guys put the bike on the rear stand without anyone steadying the bike?

easy enought dude,just make sure the rear stand is correctly connected to the bike,steering straight,no probs,just make sure the side stand is allways down when ur doing it,just incase something happens and it falls of the paddock stand,it might save the bike from going over,likewise when lowering the bike of the rear stand

Harry H
06-28-2010, 11:02 AM
It's easy to do solo - stand on the side next to the kick stand and steady the bike with your left hand and use your right hand to move the rear stand under the lift nubs. There are numerous videos on how people do it by themselves - here is one of them:
aHS46NK9650

Can't be too hard as even a homosexual Duc Monster owner can do it according to the video:):)

One of you guys over in the states really needs to order a container load of Abba stands. You'd make a killing.

Mikey1
06-28-2010, 01:31 PM
its easy with the bobbins on the swing arm, could help to get someone to stand with you for the first couple of times just incase something goes wrong and will make you feel more secure.

:plus: for the side stand, its helped a few times with me, also it gives you the security that if youve got it wrong and it feels like its about to go over to the right, pull hard left and the stand will stop the bike

TenTwelve
06-28-2010, 02:52 PM
The center stand is the only thing I miss about my old FZ6.

Tifa
06-28-2010, 03:30 PM
One of you guys over in the states really needs to order a container load of Abba stands. You'd make a killing.

plus: Or simply buy the rights to manufacture them....

Norrin Radd
06-28-2010, 05:12 PM
I use a square block of 2x4 under the sidestand, it makes the bike almost straight but still leaning on the sidestand and then I just have to keep a finger on the tail while I get the stand lined up and pop it up.

I lower it off of the stand back onto the block and then kick the block out and set the sidestand down onto the ground.

hank
06-28-2010, 05:38 PM
I now use this:
Y5cemxK0W-g

SoulDaddy
06-28-2010, 05:50 PM
Geez, what a gizmo. Does it come with factory service??

hank
06-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Geez, what a gizmo. Does it come with factory service??

It took me about 45 minutes to get working properly initially and then another 20~30 minutes here and there to fine tune over the next few days. I made a number of set-up mistakes that were simply due to my unfamiliarity with it.

It really is orchestrated and requires a second set of eyes to see how the process is flowing during set-up.

If I had to do a second one, I could probably get it done in 15~20 minutes total time.

Like every engineering project, decisions are made to enhance one aspect at the expense of others. IMO it's not quite ready for large-scale commercial sale, but very close...

worc_RSV
06-28-2010, 06:35 PM
when I win the lottery I am getting one of these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJl92w53zug

pdxmille
06-28-2010, 07:46 PM
I use a square block of 2x4 under the sidestand, it makes the bike almost straight but still leaning on the sidestand and then I just have to keep a finger on the tail while I get the stand lined up and pop it up.

I lower it off of the stand back onto the block and then kick the block out and set the sidestand down onto the ground.

Yup, I use the 2x4 technique to get it upright, then on the stand. I get it off the stand quite easily. I simply put my foot in front of the rear stand's wheels on the kickstand side and push the bike off the stand...ya dont have to be gentle getting the bike OFF the stand....

pdxmille
06-28-2010, 07:49 PM
I now use this:
Y5cemxK0W-g

Call me stoopid, but what kind of bike is that in that video?? and no, I aint talkin bout the Monster....

That's quite the contraption there, hank!

Tifa
06-29-2010, 05:06 AM
when I win the lottery I am getting one of these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJl92w53zug

the stress that thing puts through ONE side of the bike is just not going to be good for the frame...

FowlPlay
06-29-2010, 01:57 PM
i think its a 675 daytona

Aldo
06-29-2010, 07:40 PM
the stress that thing puts through ONE side of the bike is just not going to be good for the frame...

It's not just the onesidedness (oops) of the lift that worries me it's the torque through the pins on the mechanism and the stresses through the frame. The lift has to cope with huge turning moments. Very clever idea and super engineering and super price.