PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what the code is when you replace a set of clocks?

twin4me
06-10-2010, 01:57 PM
My clocks have misted badly again and I've managed to get 2 more sets to try out but when I tried to do a straight replacement it asked me to input the code for the clocks.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138255&page=3

I have no idea what this might be or how to do this. Does anyone know?
I will call the dealer tomorrow but I wondered if there was a default code I could try, however I really, really don't want to fuck something up.

Tifa
06-10-2010, 02:06 PM
are the new clocks asking for a code when you switch on the ignition?

be careful what you enter, because if you foc it up, you'll need to trailer the bike to SC to get them to reset it on the axone.

do you know your EXISTING 5 digit code that the dealer originally programmed??

if you want to reset the code you'll need 2 sets of keys....istr the details of the re-programming is in the maual.

amajew
06-10-2010, 02:23 PM
I believe the standard dealer code is 13432

ant66ant
06-10-2010, 05:07 PM
If the code was unchanged by previous owner it should be 00000. Otherwise down to the dealer.

twin4me
06-11-2010, 04:17 AM
How do you enter the code?

My keys have a code on them (66554), which is I guess for the clocks I have/had on the bike.

If I enter this code into the new speedo will this then work with my bike

OR

Should I use one of the two dealer codes on the new speedo.

I presume one of these options will lock the speedo or bike? That's why I want to be sure I pick the right one!

I'll give Southern Cross a call....

Harry H
06-11-2010, 04:22 AM
I'll give Southern Cross a call....

Wise move. When they changed my clocks there was a bit of Axone required as well. I think it's not just a case of just physically swapping them and there's more to it.

twin4me
06-11-2010, 04:25 AM
Tifa has put up the procedure he went through on the other thread....