PDA

View Full Version : This is torture!

capirex
03-06-2004, 02:31 PM
I have been waiting to buy myself a mille for 4 years now, while I waited for my NCB and age to make it possible.

And this year is the year it is going to happen and good timing with the new 04 models coming out.

So what is torture? Well I have (out of curiosity to see if I could get insurance) been getting quotes based on having 5 years NCB and I have had a very acceptable quote back. But this problem is I now have to wait until July till I have my 5 years as my current policy holder won't insure until I have five and I don't want to cancel the policy and loose my fifth year!

The only saving grace is that at least I get the bike in time for the summer (what we have of it!), but its going to be a long 4 months!

Thunder Factory
03-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Darren

Are you dealing through a broker or ringing companies yourself?

Reason I ask is some brokers can pull strings with companies and get concessions on situations like yours.

Good luck.

capirex
03-06-2004, 07:16 PM
Thunder, I am using the broker who I have used for the last 4 years and who have been very good. However they are struggling to 'upgrade' the policy from my ZX-9R to the RSVR Factory!

Only just started trying but with my luck with insurance companies I will have to wait till July!:mad:

The worst thing is I have been saving for the last couple of years, so I even have the money ready to buy the damn thing!

Thunder Factory
03-07-2004, 03:46 AM
I can imagine your frustration on this one, can't think of a solution but I'll cross my fingers that something gets sorted.

Just occured to me have you tried Lexham who do the official Aprilia insurance affiliate scheme? If they can help as your current company will not insure you on the bike you would be entitled to a pro-rata refund on premiums with no penalties.

capirex
03-07-2004, 02:13 PM
Thunder, I have tried Lexham who are happy to insure me at the moment but I would lose 8 months of NCB which I don't want to do. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that my current broker can sort something out!

wolly
03-07-2004, 02:42 PM
I think aprilia will help you on this one. If you buy the bike now, you probably won't have it until july.:D
I ordered my bike in september and had to wait until last week to pick it up. My order had disappeared in an italian computer!:mad:

capirex
03-07-2004, 03:16 PM
No don't say that!!!

May be I should give up on the idea of getting the RSVR and get a Jap bike instead!:crowbar:

Thunder Factory
03-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by wolly
I think aprilia will help you on this one. If you buy the bike now, you probably won't have it until july.:D
I ordered my bike in september and had to wait until last week to pick it up. My order had disappeared in an italian computer!:mad:

Aprilia are keeping a tight control on distribution which as an owner I find no bad thing.

Dealers have to order nearly 6 months ahead and it means prices on biks should be maintained.

:peace:

wolly
03-07-2004, 03:40 PM
No, don't do that !!!! No Jap !:eek: :eek: :confused:
Finally when you ride it, it is all worth it !

capirex
03-07-2004, 04:37 PM
Don't worry only joking, I have been waiting too long to get one to change my mind now!

I have ridden the 2000 and 2002 spec RSVR and from what I am reading the 04 is much better, I can't wait!:D

ukfactory
03-07-2004, 04:50 PM
I am not clear on this one. What is the insurance group is the ZX-9 in? Isn't it 16 or 17? So is the Factory. What is their problem?

capirex
03-07-2004, 04:59 PM
UKFactory

The 9R is a group 17 but I only have it insured TPFT, where as I have to insure the RSVR fully comp which is where the problem has arisen. The stumbling block is that my current insurance company wants 5 years NCB before they will cover me!

Lexham will do me with 4 years so I could get the bike now but I would lose my fifth year, which I really don't want to do.

My broker is trying to sort this out, so fingers crossed.