PDA

View Full Version : Am I the first to bin their Factory?

m00c0w
03-06-2004, 07:51 AM
Well, I guess I don't have to worry about scratches on the bike now!

Was out on it this morning. Had to do a U turn and hit diesel, and the front just folded underneath me.

So now I have scratched bar ends, brake leaver, fairing panel, and some nice chips in some of the carbon.

Not a happy lad. :(

clarkie49
03-06-2004, 08:12 AM
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

dude, sorry to hear about it.

cant think of much to say.........sorry :(

eugene
03-06-2004, 08:40 AM
sucks big time
sh*t

mille-ryan
03-06-2004, 08:57 AM
Dammit, that sucks man. Whats with all these diesel spills we here about over on your side of the pond. Do you not have an eqevalant to the EPA, or do people just not know how to close caps.

mike71
03-06-2004, 09:26 AM
ooowwww :( bad luck m8

If there's an upside you might not be so worried about track days in the future.....

DRT-Tuning
03-06-2004, 09:48 AM
First bin always sucks most, but it will col down (anger) and you can be happy again and the next time you bin it: less worries.

Uli
03-06-2004, 10:11 AM
Shit I can feel with you:mad: . But you aren’t the first, two guys had crashes with their Factorys during a training in Calafat (Spain) last month.
I had a crash last year with my 03R but the girls who crashed before and loosen the oil was present and her assurance paid everything finally – so I have a 03R for track use and a Factory for street use now.

Regards
Uli

ChicagoFactory
03-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Sucks about the bike, but at least your OK, physically. (not mentally though).

Mike

NoNick
03-06-2004, 11:05 AM
No! I hate diesel. 2 Friends and I went to france last year and my two friends both been down due to diesel! Luckely the bikes didn't have to much plastic and didn't get much damage! They should ban diesel!:ban:

FrogFactory
03-06-2004, 02:10 PM
Sh@t, man!!! I feel sorry. I know how it feels. I destroyed a 750 gsxr like that. The bike kept sliding and ended under a car that was waiting at the red light. The inssurance said that I lost control of the bike and the faults were on me. I ended up paying my bike and the car's repairs! Looking back at it, I was lucky because I was just bruised. It makes you feel sick for some time but at least your ok and that's all that matters! It won't make you feel better but know that we're all with you in this momentary misfortune.
Good luck mate.
:peace:

capirex
03-06-2004, 02:22 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck, its never nice to hear that someone has been down.

I friend of mine wrote her car off due to diesel, just glad she wasn't on her mille at the time!

Felix Da Cat
03-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Sorry to hear about it mate :(

Nothing I say will make you feel better, but as you know or reallise, you're in one piece and that is what matters.

You can replay the scenario a million times in your head with all the "What if's", but it won't help.

Get your baby back in one piece and enjoy her some more.

Wishing you well mate,
Felix

Thunder Factory
03-06-2004, 03:18 PM
In anwser to your original question out of thr people who post on the forum I'd have to say yes you are the first.

Had to happen to one of us at sometime, but it's sad to hear about.

zx6racer
03-06-2004, 04:41 PM
That sucks, I feel your pain I had a bad reck last year and totaled a new TL and broke both my legs and my arm. NOT COOL !!! The A** Ho** who hit me did not even help me or call 911.

Merto
03-06-2004, 09:36 PM
Bummer, I did the same to my ZX9R, dead slow round a wet mini roundabout, hit diesel and wham, lost the front end. Couldnt even ride it back cos it cracked a cover on the engine and I lost the oil.

We all feel for you and most of us have been there but the main thing is your OK.

DockingPilot
03-10-2004, 09:26 AM
Did the same with my KRS last fall. $1500.00 later it's new again. Sucks.......................

MikeRSVR
03-10-2004, 10:15 AM
Don't feel bad. This guy crashed at Jennings GP.

http://www.jenningsgp.com/albums/Block-wreck/2_G.jpg

http://www.jenningsgp.com/albums/Block-wreck/12_G.jpg

mossback
03-10-2004, 03:09 PM
Sorry to hear that, I dropped mine the other day was hardly moving (not from deisel the engine died in a corner) I was to say the least horrified as I am sure you were. Get some frame sliders they save my bodywork and lever\mirrors.

The important thing is you are ok and not in need of bodywork.

NoNick
03-10-2004, 04:05 PM
Frame-sliders :confused:

Look closely at the second picture! If I see it correct that guy had frame-sliders and they work like shit ! :ban:

mossback
03-10-2004, 04:24 PM
Frame sliders arn't any much good when you highside looks to me.

bananaman
03-10-2004, 04:33 PM
...winter's shit for bikes.

Ice, grit, snow, rain and to top it all diesel.

Aprilia94
03-10-2004, 06:52 PM
One of the guys I ride with on track days (he's not a racer, yet) has dropped his at least twice that I know of so far. Thankfully, they were both light drops with no major damage ('04 Factory). The worse damage was the left side Akra/Aprilia Ti can was a little crushed from the passenger footrest. Other than that just minor scratches on the bodywork, maybe a mirror. Sucks all the same.

kwagga
03-11-2004, 05:36 AM
Sorry to hear, all I can say is try to spend less time on the road and more time on the track, it is a lot safer and much more fun!

Ollop
03-11-2004, 10:25 AM
Hey m00c0w, sorry to hear about your bike. It always sucks to have something like that happen. A small consolation, at least it wasn't at a higher speed.

Originally posted by mossback
Get some frame sliders they save my bodywork and lever\mirrors.

Mossback, which frame sliders are you using? The R&Gs or something else?

m00c0w
03-11-2004, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the comments.

Just have to get the scratch polished/painted out of the side fairing and the bike will be as good as new!

:D