PDA

View Full Version : Replacement RXV pegs suggestions?

cyborg
05-31-2010, 10:42 PM
My OEM RXV pegs are getting rounded off and they are too small anyway, plus one is bent. I've had my foot slip off the pegs a few times recently, once tossing me off the bike in a really rough section.

What are some good suggestions for drop-in replacements for offroading an RXV? I want a bigger platform like what ProMoto Billet/Fastway pegs offer but not sure what sizes fit? Fastway has no listing for the Aprilias. IMS maybe (no listing there either)? Power Pegs or Pivot pegs? what fits?

Any others suggested? Yes I did a search in AF1 but got tons on passenger pegs listings but nothing definitive on rider pegs.

Thanks! :cheers:

mtrxv550
05-31-2010, 11:02 PM
I think I remember a post a year or so ago that Honda CR450 pegs fit, but I am not sure.

fredgreen
05-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Pivot Pegz http://www.pivotpegz.net/

They reckon once you had a set, you never go back.

Found a thread on the forum but don't read

http://apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183722

http://www.dirtbikebitz.com/images/products/foot_pegs/pivotpegz.jpg

tbeyer
05-31-2010, 11:41 PM
Fastway has pegs for the Aprillia RXV. I have a set and they are 1/2" lower than stock as I am 6'2" tall. I really like them. They are bullet proof, have multiple spike combinations and provide a great platform. Just contact Pro Moto Billet and they will set you up.

cyborg
05-31-2010, 11:51 PM
Thanks guys. Pivot Pegs are interesting but I'll probably stay old school and call Pro Moto/Fastway.

:cheers:

RXV_Poor
06-01-2010, 12:04 AM
Fastway has pegs for the Aprillia RXV. I have a set and they are 1/2" lower than stock as I am 6'2" tall. I really like them. They are bullet proof, have multiple spike combinations and provide a great platform. Just contact Pro Moto Billet and they will set you up.

:plus: I have the Fastway pegs and love them.

MBevans
06-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Pivot Pegs are killer!! I have big feet and they help soo much in shifting/braking..........

O Trader
06-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Another good set to look at if you do not want the pivot type are 'rocstompa' foot pegs

RXV_Poor
06-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Pivot Pegs are killer!! I have big feet and they help soo much in shifting/braking..........

My biggest issue with pivot pegs are the width of the peg and getting to the rear break on steep decents.

cyborg
06-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Another good set to look at if you do not want the pivot type are 'rocstompa' foot pegs

These look nice. The only place I see that sells them in the USA is Adventure Workshop and they are spendy! Youch! $189

http://www.adventurersworkshop.com/motorcycles/PRO_STOMP_APRILLIA.htm

cyborg
06-01-2010, 02:48 PM
My biggest issue with pivot pegs are the width of the peg and getting to the rear break on steep decents.

Yes I wondered/worry about that too. I ride stuff where I'm way back on the tail on steep downhills, and way forward on uphills, which I would think would put your foot in possibly the wrong place to properly modulate the rear brake. I guess if the pivot pegs only moved 20 degrees either way it not that big a deal?

MBevans
06-01-2010, 03:19 PM
That may be a problem for some, yet the aspect of the Pegs moving slightly has soo much helped my shifting and to mention braking (but I wear size 11alpinestars new Tech-8. Stift Boots!). The cool point to them is having much better grip, because of the pedal twisting with my foot, having the peg tilt forward helps me get "under" the shifter for upshifting and the "ship the next day" @ PivotPegs here in the U.S. is excellent.........

Yes I wondered/worry about that too. I ride stuff where I'm way back on the tail on steep downhills, and way forward on uphills, which I would think would put your foot in possibly the wrong place to properly modulate the rear brake. I guess if the pivot pegs only moved 20 degrees either way it not that big a deal?

cyborg
06-01-2010, 05:13 PM
I'd really like to try them on somebody else's bike before bought some Pivot Pegz. Problem is I don't know anyone, out of dozens of bikes, who runs them. I need some soon and so likely will get some fized ones. Hope to try the Pivot Pegz someday.

I called ProMoto/Fastway. Nice folks. Problem is they've stopped making pegs for the Aprilia a year or more ago, not enough sales. They said I can buy a set for a TTR and have to make my own spacers. Not sure if I want to do the extra work for already pretty pricy pegs at $129.

The quest continues.

olepoop
06-01-2010, 08:37 PM
I like the set I have,and it does make it easier to shift, but where you place your feet is more important if you ride on the balls of your feet they wont be to comfortable and you wouldnt be getting advantage from them. I really haven't had an issue with steep desents of not being able to get to the brake pedal. I will find out how well they work with Allen's aluminum shifter since it lowers the tip by 12mm. I say try um you wont know they are there after awhile.:gunner:

MBevans
06-01-2010, 10:20 PM
If you are in the area you can try them on my RXV!
I am going to buy another set for my Honda CRF450x, as it needs pegs and I like the way they work......

I'd really like to try them on somebody else's bike before bought some Pivot Pegz. Problem is I don't know anyone, out of dozens of bikes, who runs them. I need some soon and so likely will get some fized ones. Hope to try the Pivot Pegz someday.

I called ProMoto/Fastway. Nice folks. Problem is they've stopped making pegs for the Aprilia a year or more ago, not enough sales. They said I can buy a set for a TTR and have to make my own spacers. Not sure if I want to do the extra work for already pretty pricy pegs at $129.

The quest continues.

RXV_Poor
06-02-2010, 12:00 AM
I've tried them on my 525XC and I liked them but for me I wanted a wider peg to help with grip and shock transfer. If they were wider and I had the hand brake setup I'd use them. I already have a Rekluse so shifting isn't as much of an issue with the 550.

I will say that the Pivot Pegs are a quality product and if you have a stiff boot or an ankle problem I think they would help.

cyborg
06-02-2010, 12:27 AM
If you are in the area you can try them on my RXV!
I am going to buy another set for my Honda CRF450x, as it needs pegs and I like the way they work......

Thanks MBevans. You and Poor can join me here in a few weeks and maybe we can trade rides... :D

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541482

Since I need new pegs right away, I ordered the Fastways (for TTR125, part# 22-3-203 at their suggestion) and will handle the spacers myself.

Allen Noland
06-02-2010, 08:37 AM
Since I need new pegs right away, I ordered the Fastways (for TTR125, part# 22-3-203 at their suggestion) and will handle the spacers myself.

I've been thinking about a set of these too. What do you need to do with the spacers?

cyborg
06-02-2010, 09:45 AM
I've been thinking about a set of these too. What do you need to do with the spacers?

I don't know yet, I'll have to wait until I get them. ProMoto was a little vague about that, but I think just some 8mm washers will do the trick. I'll have them in a couple of days and report back.

RXV_Poor
06-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Thanks MBevans. You and Poor can join me here in a few weeks and maybe we can trade rides... :D

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541482

Damn! I didn't know this was going on.

cyborg
06-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Damn! I didn't know this was going on.

I'm sure they can squeeze you in if you want to attend, at least one of the days, since you don't live too far away, and neither does MBevans. PM me if you want to take it offthread. There will be another RXV550 there with a BIG tank, LilZing. Make it 3 or 4 RXV's!

MBevans
06-02-2010, 11:58 PM
Double Damn!! Well I'll see how my schedule, looks might be doable! I love nothing more than spanking a bunch of orange bikes on those wide open trails.............Yummy! Oh yeah, I forgot, it's not a race.

I'll let you know soon!

PS. Oh Yeah, I'm waiting on California Speed/Sports to finish my starter for the RXV (warranty stuff) as I'm getting really tired of riding my CRF450x, pumped to the gills as it is, it is no comparision to the RXV550, yet after the last couple of weekends and 450 miles on it I do remember why I keep it, its light-weight............

cyborg
06-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Double Damn!! Well I'll see how my schedule, looks might be doable! I love nothing more than spanking a bunch of orange bikes on those wide open trails.............Yummy! Oh yeah, I forgot, it's not a race.

I'll let you know soon!

PS. Oh Yeah, I'm waiting on California Speed/Sports to finish my starter for the RXV (warranty stuff) as I'm getting really tired of riding my CRF450x, pumped to the gills as it is, it is no comparision to the RXV550, yet after the last couple of weekends and 450 miles on it I do remember why I keep it, its light-weight............

So many events... so little vacation time... :rolleyes:

I think the Tahoe event will be pretty mellow, but Jeff (Tahoeacr) also likes super knarly hillclimbs and rough trails, so I'm sure there will be a few interesting things. The thread should have details.

Hmm, from a pegs thread to an event thread... :D

OK back on track: ProMoto/Fastway emailed me today that they were out of stock on the model I wanted until late June, so I cancelled the order there and got them from Motorcycle Superstore who's disti's had a couple. Cheaper price too. I should have the pegs on Monday now.

cyborg
06-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Well the Fastway pegs I ordered at ProMoto's suggestion don't work. They tilt the peg a few too many degrees backwards and there's no way to deal with that since the pin angle is cast in. They are going back. I guess the only option left is the mighty pricey RocStompas.

I'll get a file out and sharpen my OEM pegs again and make them work for now since Adventure Workshop is not answering calls or emails about lead time or stock.

Allen Noland
06-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Well the Fastway pegs I ordered at ProMoto's suggestion don't work. They tilt the peg a few too many degrees backwards and there's no way to deal with that since the pin angle is cast in. They are going back.

I wondered about that. I ordered a set of the CRF pegs, I'll let you know how they fit.

cyborg
06-08-2010, 05:31 PM
I wondered about that. I ordered a set of the CRF pegs, I'll let you know how they fit.

CRF Fastway pegs or just OEM CRF pegs? I would be interested what you discover.

Allen Noland
06-08-2010, 07:10 PM
CRF Fastway pegs or just OEM CRF pegs? I would be interested what you discover.

Sorry, Fastway CRF pegs.

tbeyer
06-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Not sure I understand the problem with the fastway pegs. ProMoto Billet has them for the RXV. I have a set and the fit great. I use them in the lowered position but either way they are a perfect fit. I actually purchased the pegs for my CRF 450X first then ordered the RXV spacers when I traded bikes.

Allen Noland
06-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Not sure I understand the problem with the fastway pegs. ProMoto Billet has them for the RXV.

There is no part# for Aprilia XV footpegs on their website anymore. The old part # for the Fastway F3 RXV/SXV pegs was 22-3-903

cyborg
06-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Not sure I understand the problem with the fastway pegs. ProMoto Billet has them for the RXV. I have a set and the fit great. I use them in the lowered position but either way they are a perfect fit. I actually purchased the pegs for my CRF 450X first then ordered the RXV spacers when I traded bikes.

Good info about the CRFX pegs, be interested to see if they work for Allen. Too late for me to exchange for a CRF set before I head out on my trip next week. As I said up a few posts, I spoke to ProMoto directly and they said they no longer manufacture the RXV specific pegs, not enough market.

The TTR model suggestion they said to me did not work.

Allen Noland
06-10-2010, 05:34 AM
Good info about the CRFX pegs, be interested to see if they work for Allen.

They work perfectly....after a couple of quick, easy mods :)

Allen Noland
06-10-2010, 05:59 AM
Got ya....here'e the mods.

I had to remove about 1mm from the bottom of the spacer (yellow dashed line) to get a good fit in the RXV footpeg bracket. The pegs came with 8mm allen head cap screws and some washers to adjust the kamber. Even without the washers, the head was too thick and the peg angle was too far back. I tossed out the cap screws that came with the pegs (red X), and replaced them with M8X12 button head screws (green circle) part# AP8152055. The kamber was just about perfect but they still hit the hex head on the lower footpeg bracket bolt and didn't rotate easily. I replaced the lower bracket bolts with M8x20 button head bolts (sorry, no part#, just something I had laying around) and now they work like they should.

cyborg
06-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Got ya....here'e the mods.

I had to remove about 1mm from the bottom of the spacer (yellow dashed line) to get a good fit in the RXV footpeg bracket. The pegs came with 8mm allen head cap screws and some washers to adjust the kamber. Even without the washers, the head was too thick and the peg angle was too far back. I tossed out the cap screws that came with the pegs (red X), and replaced them with M8X12 button head screws (green circle) part# AP8152055. The kamber was just about perfect but they still hit the hex head on the lower footpeg bracket bolt and didn't rotate easily. I replaced the lower bracket bolts with M8x20 button head bolts (sorry, no part#, just something I had laying around) and now they work like they should.

Great info Allen. Wish I had let you do yours first. I see you got the milder F5's. We had heard rumors that CRF pegs fit the XV's and your test seems to prove it, so that should open up a lot of other brands. I might try the IMS Pro Series to see if another brand works.

kimzx1000r
06-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Anybody try the pegs Cal is using?

Allen Noland
06-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Anybody try the pegs Cal is using?

Sheer for normal use, ribbed for extra traction!

fredgreen
06-12-2010, 03:18 AM
I'm 99% sure the pegs off my KX450F wl fit Aprilia aswell. I will see if they fit my RXV tomorrow.

lo-fi
06-15-2010, 12:45 AM
Found these:
http://racebikebitz.com/prodMain.aspx?rangeCode=RS&br=9_102&catId=102&makeId=9
They look really nice and I have bought parts from this guy before, he seems good to deal with and very fast postage.
The price tho...

edit: Sorry I just realised they are the same as the earlier posts RocStompa

finndian
02-11-2014, 02:13 PM
do the crf fastway pegs work out any lower or farther back than the stock ones.
I'm 6'1" and find the stock positioning a little cramped.

longboat
02-11-2014, 06:00 PM
Pivot pegs

finndian
02-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Pivot pegs
Does your brief reply insinuate that Pivot pegs give the most room for a taller person?

olepoop
02-15-2014, 08:31 AM
The Pivot Peg can be ajusted for few mm of extra leg room if you will, but then again they are not running boards like some like.:gunner: