PDA

View Full Version : R312 or RR312

SEAN
05-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Having the choice, which would you have and why

Both are new bikes, and if Mono or Bip

For me, at the moment, the thoughts are of the R312 as it is a thou, and was the homologated bike as I understand, and the last thou version they made. Bip poss because the parts to convert later would be costly.

But undecided.............

I know I don't like the new one, as the oversize dash, square pipes, and road/sport/race map selector ideas aren't for me at all.

Domino
05-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Having the choice, which would you have and why

Both are new bikes, and if Mono or Bip

For me, at the moment, the thoughts are of the R312 as it is a thou, and was the homologated bike as I understand, and the last thou version they made. Bip poss because the parts to convert later would be costly.

But undecided.............

I know I don't like the new one, as the oversize dash, square pipes, and road/sport/race map selector ideas aren't for me at all.

312RR. Unless you are going to race it the extra cc's will give you more torque and a more useable powerband.

Biposto for sure, much easier to find a single seat unit that a whole biposto assy.

SEAN
05-11-2010, 05:51 PM
I was just reading more on the new F4, which I see has gone back to 998cc? So the 1078, which wasn't eligable for racing, possibly was also considered not such a success?

The only 1078 was the F4CC or the RR312 if I got that correct?

I know what you mean about the torque etc.

I'm tempted with the 1078, as it was only in production for a limited time, but the thou, had the best power, considering the new bike makes the same, though probably due to being strangled by newer emissions requirements.

It would be great if I could get to ride both

There aren't many left, so I need to make my decision soon, including whether to ditch the Factory too (will still have Ed Rep though), but jury out on that too.

One of the last two of the thou's in Bip form will be taken to the dealers for me this Sat, and we have a 'provisional' deal. Just needs that extra step taking. (Pearl White/Gloss Black)

Curious as to what others views on the two are

Domino
05-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Post this over on mvagusta.net, you will get much more info.

SEAN
07-05-2010, 01:56 PM
I did..........

but bought the R312 anyway.

Fatboy916
07-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Lovely bike, I bought the Black/Grey but much prefer your colour.
Enjoy, its a fantastic experience!:peace:

SEAN
07-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Thanks,
hardly been far at present, may get out for 8am Sat am, to get it properly run.

I was and still am stuck on the black/grey, very 'fast' look about that one too

both good colours and special versions all round imo.