PDA

View Full Version : re flash after throttle stop removal???

dieselmotors
05-10-2010, 08:50 AM
got a 08 svx 450 with akro exhaust and ecu map. supposedly not derestricted .

I want to remove the throttle stop. Will the throttle stop removal affect anything... i heard that the bike will have to be recalibrated for the throttle.
does that mean that I will have to re flash the ecu?

any ideas??

thanks,
Edwin

KWest
05-10-2010, 12:18 PM
You will need to reset the TPS Min/Max settings after the throttle stop is removed. Remember that the Min position is set with the throttle bodies full closed. The ECU will not have to be re-flashed providing the proper Akro map is already loaded.

I would not run the bike if the Akro maps is loaded, and the throttle stop is still in-place.

Mooseknuckles
05-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Who remapped the ECU? Removing the throttle stop and setting the correct TPS values is part of the deristricting process.

dieselmotors
05-13-2010, 09:13 AM
You will need to reset the TPS Min/Max settings after the throttle stop is removed. Remember that the Min position is set with the throttle bodies full closed. The ECU will not have to be re-flashed providing the proper Akro map is already loaded.

I would not run the bike if the Akro maps is loaded, and the throttle stop is still in-place.

how do you reset the tps??????

thanks,
Edwin

SXVINWA
05-13-2010, 09:51 AM
how do you reset the tps??????

thanks,
Edwin

It's done in the ECU. Either an Axone unit (dealer) or TuneBoy (purchased) is needed for setting. Those are the most common ones, anyway.