PDA

View Full Version : My RS 50 Racer

rockabillywilli
04-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Hi everyone!

I haven't been on the forum for a couple of years. My RS 50 has been sitting in my garage untouched for about four years now. I crashed her on my last race four years ago and haven't touched her since. Is anyone still riding in the Los Angeles area? Can't decide if I should fix her up again or get rid of her.

Willie

bikebike69
04-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Hey Willie,long time indeed, I'm still doing track days here and there,but not as many as I would have liked. Still have all my little guys plus building up two more from all the parts I have built up over the years. I would say even if you have not been on yours in a while,if you were to sell it you would regret it later as they are getting harder to find in good shape. These things are just to much fun. Even if I sold most of mine I think I would always keep at least one for kicks. Adams is having more track days added to the calender this year you should come out. Grange is far away but still alot of fun. But if you do try to sell let me know and I'll let some of my guys in on it. I'm trying to get some of my big bike buds to get in on the little bike fun. Heres my toys with the new additions getting put together.

rockabillywilli
05-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Love your bikes! Yeah, I have been rthinking about getting on my bike more and more lately. Although...I'm not sure if I can fit in my leathers anymore!!!!! That's cool that Adams still has bike days. Well, when I used to go it was only Wed. nights! That's cool that they are devoting more time to bikes. I'm going to go dust off the bike and investigate it and see all what I need. I know for sure I'm going to have to rig something up for the footpegs. I have TCM rearsets on it and they don't make them anymore. One of the pegs broke off and I'm gonna have to see what other brands of footpegs fit on them. Other than that it's just some broken levers. I have several pistons and rings kits left so I'll probably do a top end rebuild and reseal the case before I run it again. Oh yea..I gotta drain the tank too! haha 4 year old gas still in it!

rockabillywilli
05-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Oh yeah, by the way, I need some tires and don't have anymore connections for slicks and mine are wasted. Oh yeah, are all your bikes 50's or are some/all kitted out?

wontforgetdis
07-11-2010, 02:24 AM
my rs is almost back from a complete rebuild!

80kit here arrow cf barnet and new glossy black paint..

i ride in oc

bikebike69
07-11-2010, 10:28 AM
sounds nice post up pics when shes done.