PDA

View Full Version : What The F%#k?

Pieman_tm
04-22-2010, 07:16 AM
I've been meaning to sort my fogging clocks but i wasn't expecting to do it today.
Was in the shed making a satnav holder for my car and as i walked back past the T i wondered (as i've got the Dremmel out) if and where i could drill some micro holes to let it breathe. So i was poking around the edges and noticed the top edge was moving a bit as i prodded so i wiggled it just a tiniest amount and the whole fucking lid came off in my hand.. I had to laugh. It's got clear gel all around the edge, is that the silicone? i thought it would set hard like mastic..

Anyway, it's a perfect oppertunity to let the clocks breathe for a couple of days when i think what to do next.

http://img38.imagefra.me/img/img38/6/4/22/pieman_tm/f_ehrmicm_11acdd1.jpg

ARAIHEAD
04-22-2010, 07:22 AM
Is my 14 year old stepson, your son, cos he breaks every fecking thing he touches aswell??????????????:rolleyes:

Tifa
04-22-2010, 07:29 AM
If it's got clear mastic around the edge, then someone has been in there already to try and fix it... Digitek use BLACK sealant.

Pieman_tm
04-22-2010, 08:23 AM
Cheers, this stuff's more like clear grease. Not really unhappy as at least i can catch the fog in the act next time. They never fogged that badly when i got the bike, it only got worse after the one time i washed the bike and made the mistake of starting it up a while later, the steam obviously got straight in there. At least i know i'llb be able to get the glass off without cracking it when i get round to venting them.

Batfastard
04-22-2010, 08:43 AM
sounds like someones used silicone grease (cameras, scuba, clutch slaves etc) rather than silicone sealant

Pieman_tm
04-26-2010, 07:09 AM
I think this is definately the lazy man's answer to the fogging clocks. I only found out the clock lens was loose by pure fluke, i've had the bike for a year and it's never fallen off and it seems the silicone grease gives it a tight vacuum-like seal which holds it in place more than adequately. I left the bike in the sun for a few hours with the lens off, put it back on and did 150miles on saturday with ZERO fogging and it never came off or even moved. Also if they ever decide to fog up again i'll just repeat the procedure.. Simples.